2Likes

post #7351 of 7359 Old 08-07-2014, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowenap View Post
With Rogers' new TV contract with the NHL, the potential to see more Sabres games OTA has increased. They have one guaranteed game on CITY on Sunday Nights (February 15th vs. Philadelphia), and they will have a number of games on Saturday Nights picked up by CBC or one of the Rogers Networks. The new TV contract allows them to "flex" their games on Saturday Night, and they will decide which network to show each game (either CBC, CITY, one of the Sportsnet Channels, or FX-Canada) sometime before each Saturday Night. Obviously, you won't be able to get the games on Sportsnet or FX-Canada OTA, but there is the potential to get a few Sabres games "flexed" to CBC or CITY on Saturday Nights. Here is the Sabres schedule with Canadian TV networks:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebysea...etwork=&venue=

Note, the Saturday Night games are labeled "HNIC", as we don't know which network will carry them yet. My guess is game on November 15th (vs. Toronto) and November 29th (at Montreal) would be shown on one of CBC or CITY for sure, as it sounds like they are leaning towards Canadian teams for the OTA networks. Perhaps we'll get lucky for one or two of the others.
Any suggestion of a brand or type of antenna to put up inorder to pick up cbc and city tv out of Toronto, for hockey broadcasts on the mid to northern section of Grand Island?

Thanks for help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7359 Old 08-07-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 121
We have a rash of OTA'ers on Grand Island all of a sudden.

If you look back a page or two there has been recent conversation from one or two residents where you live. Judging by the remarks, you shouldn't have any trouble with either. CBLT is a piece of cake, CITY is another matter in most of WNY except the north towns, but you shouldn't have any trouble. To answer your question, there are many choices, the problem is weeding through all the 'crap' (bordering on dishonest claims) with all of these Chinese imports. There is a sub forum here you can take a look through on reception.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.

Last edited by videobruce; 08-07-2014 at 04:19 PM.
post #7353 of 7359 Old 08-07-2014, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
We have a rash of OTA'ers on Grand Island all of a sudden.

If you look back a page or two there has been recent conversation from one or two residents where you live. Judging by the remarks, you shouldn't have any trouble with either. CBLT is a piece of cake, CITY is another matter in most of WNY except the north towns, but you shouldn't have any trouble. To answer your question, there are many choices, the problem is weeding through all the 'crap' (bordering on dishonest claims) with all of these Chinese imports. There is a sub forum here you can take a look through on reception.

Of course, if you are somewhat handy, and have a mechanical understanding (which I do not have), and the patience to read through a few pages of forums, it seems as if you can modify some of these "Chinese Imports" for acceptable results.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=104837

There is also a "do-it-yourself" kind that's easy to build that seems pretty reliable. I built one of these at my parents' house in Elma and got some decent results (nothing reliable as far as Canada was concerned), and that was without putting it on the roof.

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=123803
post #7354 of 7359 Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
You mean the one I can not get?
I had better luck back in the 60's and/or 70's when it was channel 79. Barely above the noise floor, but you knew it was there.
HeHe ... that's when they were showing the "Baby Blue" movies every Friday night! I was a young teen at the time and remember those quite well.

Actually it was the 70's...because I don't think CITY-tv arrived until about 1972.
post #7355 of 7359 Old 08-15-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I had a friend who erected that huge UHF Channel Master parabolic antenna on his single story house in Tonawanda just to receive that station. All I could get was a faint trace of a signal, enough that you could tell there was a carrier on that channel. But, all I had was a crappy attic antenna.
The digital signal now is the strongest they have ever sent.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #7356 of 7359 Old 08-15-2014, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FIOS QAM Channels

For those interested I just did a scan and here is the list of channels you should get without a FIOS box.
2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 4.1, 7.1, 17.1, 17.2, 23.1, 23.2, 29.1, 29.2, 49.1, 55.100, 64.1631, 66.158, 74,1632.
post #7357 of 7359 Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

No WPXJ 51 or WBBZ 67??
What are their 55, 64, 66 & 74 in the clears?

post #7358 of 7359 Old 08-15-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYota1 View Post
HeHe ... that's when they were showing the "Baby Blue" movies every Friday night! I was a young teen at the time and remember those quite well.

Actually it was the 70's...because I don't think CITY-tv arrived until about 1972.
When City was sold a few years back it switched to female orientated programming so it is no longer what it was famous (or infamous) for.
post #7359 of 7359 Old 08-18-2014, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
No WPXJ 51 or WBBZ 67??
What are their 55, 64, 66 & 74 in the clears?
Maybe one of them is WPXJ & WBBZ. The only way to find out is to ask lasko.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page