6Likes

post #7381 of 7388 Old 12-10-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Too far for me with that low power.
That makes what, six 'oldies' services now? How many re-runs of I Love Lucy can one watch?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7382 of 7388 Old 12-10-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Since MPNASCAR24 brought it up, I decided to do a update on the TWC QAM situation.
Attached is a WNY updated list that I posted three summers ago (7/12). Not much has changed here. Four of the eight 'empty' RF channels are now occupied. That leaves 18, 19, 20 & 22 still empty.

These are all SD except where noted (HD) in blue. The 2nd & 3rd sub channels of WGRZ are sub channels of QAM 69, but I don't know which ones. Now, there may be some errors for the exact sub channel some of these 'locals' are on since they get ID'ed by their virtual number.

Attached Files
File Type: doc CATV QAM Lineup 12-14.doc (19.5 KB, 15 views)
MPNASCAR24 likes this.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.

Last edited by videobruce; Yesterday at 03:14 PM. Reason: added WNY
post #7383 of 7388 Old Yesterday, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for posting the qam lineup videobruce but the clear qam lineup here in batavia is completely different compared to your's. Probably because batavia is a part of the rochester system. My lineup contains mostly locals, QVC, HSN, TLC, twc news & music choice. For some reason most of the locals on my tv are on 2 qam channels so i'll find the same local station 4 times (2 in SD, the other 2 in HD). That's a big waste of space TW.
post #7384 of 7388 Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Too far for me with that low power.
I can't get them in my home area. Wellsville. But according to computer model, most of GI should be an Easy shot for an outdoor antenna. Here is a link to a coverage map.
http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1560411&map=Y
In Olean WVTT is an America One (now Yootoo America) Station. I suspect they are not at full power yet, but just testing their facility, but who knows.
videobruce likes this.
post #7385 of 7388 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting the qam lineup videobruce but the clear qam lineup here in batavia is completely different compared to your's. Probably because batavia is a part of the rochester system.
I should of added to the title "WNY" which was on the printout.

What I don't understand why there are still four empty slots (and the duplication of a SD equivalent of the 'locals'. That could easily ease up the load on a few other RF channels, reducing the amount of added compression of getting 10 lbs of s*** in a 5 lb box.

Last edited by videobruce; Yesterday at 04:27 PM.
post #7386 of 7388 Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Warrenl;
Looks like Ft Erie has a good shot at picking it up.

post #7387 of 7388 Old Today, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
If TW moved some channels to the empty slots & got rid of the duplicate channels they could reduce the amount of compression there using & maybe an improvement in picture quality.
post #7388 of 7388 Old Today, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Nah. That would make too much sense. What, improve the video quality? They figure, why? It's quantity that sells, not quality doesn't it? The few subscribers they have left (compared to 10 or so year ago) have just gotten use to HD lite for all those years.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page