post #7471 of 7475 Unread Today, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to FoxChief
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsspredator View Post
I can't record FOX programs on WUTV because my DRV defaults to SAP 1 and WUTV moved their 5.1 audio to SAP 2.

I contacted them with no response. Does anyone here have a contact at WUTV?
Neither WUTV nor Fox Broadcasting moved the 5.1 anywhere, or changed a thing. It's always been on the same channels since 2005....But if you have anything at all on the front end of your TV, check your downmix if possible. I know you said you're watching OTA, but the equipment you're using suggests you are a satellite subscriber, because I watch OTA, with a roof antenna, and I don't have any issues at all, which is why this concerns me. I would like to try to help, but I need more to go on.

Another concern is, saying that you contacted us with no response. I respond to all viewers that call about everything a lot during the day, and return their calls if they leave a message and a phone number. I'm not as quick to check this AVS Forum site, but I am diligent at returning calls. But you have to, at least, meet me half way. If it's after hours, perhaps leaving a message with your phone number and your concern usually gets a response. It's usually better if you know with whom you need to speak if you call at all. Asking to speak to someone in engineering, during the day, is usually a good idea because we can answer questions like this. But saying "..no one responded to my call", doesn't necessarily mean you actually called this facility. It makes it sound like you're angry and wanting to point a finger at someone., when the problem could be right in front of you.
videobruce likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7472 of 7475 Unread Today, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to FoxChief
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChief View Post
Neither WUTV nor Fox Broadcasting moved the 5.1 anywhere, or changed a thing. It's always been on the same channels since 2005....But if you have anything at all on the front end of your TV, check your downmix if possible. I know you said you're watching OTA, but the equipment you're using suggests you are a satellite subscriber, because I watch OTA, with a roof antenna, and I don't have any issues at all, which is why this concerns me. I would like to try to help, but I need more to go on.

Another concern is, saying that you contacted us with no response. I respond to all viewers that call about everything a lot during the day, and return their calls if they leave a message and a phone number. I'm not as quick to check this AVS Forum site, but I am diligent at returning calls. But you have to, at least, meet me half way. If it's after hours, perhaps leaving a message with your phone number and your concern usually gets a response. It's usually better if you know with whom you need to speak if you call at all. Asking to speak to someone in engineering, during the day, is usually a good idea because we can answer questions like this. But saying "..no one responded to my call", doesn't necessarily mean you actually called this facility. It makes it sound like you're angry and wanting to point a finger at someone., when the problem could be right in front of you.
Just a footnote.... by saying we haven't changed a thing...I'm talking about the procedure Fox uses to splice their network signal in and out. I'm not referring to the addition of GritTV to our stream, which would have absolutely nothing to do with this problem he's having.
post #7473 of 7475 Unread Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce
He mentioned recoding on a Dish DVR.

Not quite. He said:
Recording OTA (RF 14) on a Bell 6141 (same
Then I have to assume this satellite companies receiver/DVR also has a OTA tuner?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #7474 of 7475 Unread Today, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I recently checked WUTV'S OTA Signal at my aunt's house which is closer to buffalo than mines & the sound for all programming appeared to be normal. Looks like dsspredator's problem has to be his equipment because FoxChief said no changes have been made to there 5.1 audio.
post #7475 of 7475 Unread Today, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Then I have to assume this satellite companies receiver/DVR also has a OTA tuner?
yes. Bell used Dish equipment but with their own software and model number. The guts are the same

So it almost sounds like its a setting in the receiver itself that needs to be changed. This sounds stupid but there is an option in the receiver that says "alternate audio" and gives other options. Maybe the poster needs to mess with that setting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Tags
by saying no one changed a thing