Buffalo, NY - HDTV - Page 253 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #7561 of 7567 Old 11-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slump Buster View Post
Mohu makes a couple of different Leaf antennas that are rated above 40 miles. I've personally used the Leaf and had decent luck with it at that range. The picture would come in but other factors (weather, etc) did cause dropouts every few seconds. Their Sky model is indoor/outdoor and rated to 60 miles. One other added bonus to this line is that they are omnidirectional.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll tell my brother to try the mohu leaf antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 7567 Old 12-11-2015, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheian View Post
Any Buffalonians ever heard why WIVB has so far resisted the siren call of the sub-channels? Media General owns them and WNLO which has Bounce but WIVB has so far not entered the diginet arms race. They could pick up Decades, which carries old CBS shows.

Just curious if the station staff has ever made any public pronouncements.
I am unaware of any official statements, but a number of years back an employee explain to me, that they were concern about lowering the quality of their HD signal with a sub channel on WIVB and question whether another retro type channel would get much viewership considering how many other channels with similar programming were available in the area. Also WNLO although broadcasting in 1080i, much of the programing on the CW was really in a 720p format and the quality of the video was less affected by the sub-channel. Now that was a number of years back and unofficial, so whether their reasoning has change, I don't know, but you can contact WIVB and ask them.
post #7563 of 7567 Old 12-11-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Not that it matters a whole lot thanks to that useless, duplicated religious station from the southtowns on the same RF channel (15) as CHCH, blocking reception for most here;
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle27728594/

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #7564 of 7567 Old 01-08-2016, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WUTV and WNYO showing ROH wrestling on TWC and OTA instead of regular programming. Subchannels unaffected.
post #7565 of 7567 Old 01-08-2016, 03:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnf1 View Post
WUTV and WNYO showing ROH wrestling on TWC and OTA instead of regular programming. Subchannels unaffected.
It's probably a last minute schedule change.
post #7566 of 7567 Old 01-08-2016, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
WUTV and WNYO are still messed up!
post #7567 of 7567 Old 01-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

I just checked wutv and wnyo and both channels are showing normal programming. I can't check ota because I don't have an antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception