Buffalo, NY - HDTV - Page 254 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 20Likes

Old 07-05-2016, 12:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I'm surprised anyone actually watches that. Their quality, or lack of hits new lows.

Free, abundant OTA television separates this country from many others. ATSC1 has only been in force since 2009. The wireless industry has enough spectrum. Enough of 'planned obsolesce'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2016, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anyone having problems picking up CBC 5.1 (cblt)? I got a new tv and the signal is jumping from 50-60% to 0% back and forth. Everything else seems to be ok. I have even swapped out some cables and bought a new channel master 7777 pre amp with no luck
Old 07-17-2016, 07:51 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUCCO View Post
anyone having problems picking up CBC 5.1 (cblt)? I got a new tv and the signal is jumping from 50-60% to 0% back and forth. Everything else seems to be ok. I have even swapped out some cables and bought a new channel master 7777 pre amp with no luck

after further review it seems that i have a loss on the canadien stations broadcasting from the CN tower, Channels 5.1 19.1 and 41.1 all come in around 50-60% according to the Sony TV meter, However like i mentioned if u watch the meter it just jumps from 0%- 50 or 60% (depends on station) and then back to 0%. Everything else is working fine.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Fyi wbbz/metv

For anyone interested in Hogans Hero's, Perry Mason and Gilligan's Island among others, METV/WBBZ is airing those and apparently others in HD. Twelve to fourteen years ago HD Net (for those who remember that) was running Hogans Hero's in HD from an apparent re-mastered version of that series from the 70's.

They are not full width, but enough that it's easy to tell (other than the boost in quality). If nothing else, none of those annoying WBBZ side bars. The previous episodes of HH's had very good SD quality, especially color quality. This started around the middle of August.

I don't know how this came about, but it surely is a welcome addition especially when one compares these select series with the 'crap' that that low power (virtual) ch 56 is airing. Too bad more of the programming from the 60's & 70's isn't re-mastered.

Free, abundant OTA television separates this country from many others. ATSC1 has only been in force since 2009. The wireless industry has enough spectrum. Enough of 'planned obsolesce'.

Last edited by videobruce; 10-30-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: edited & revised details
Old 10-30-2016, 12:32 PM

Liked: 1
New WNED subchannel in 2017

In case you missed it, WNED will be adding the PBS Kids subchannel in February:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/21/wn...nts-something/
Old 10-30-2016, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well since you brought that up, no one (including myself) mentioned this (not so new) PBS sub-channel 'Create TV';

http://createtv.com/

Quote:
About Create® TV
More often called “ do-it-yourself”, the program genres seen on Create® TV include viewers' favorite public television series and specials on cooking, travel, home improvement, gardening, arts and crafts, and other lifestyle interests. The programs seen on Create TV come from American Public Television, The National Educational Telecommunications Association (NETA) and Public Broadcasting Service (PBS).

Create TV was launched in 2006 to serve viewers’ increasing interest in these “do-it-yourself” programs. Create was designed for round-the-clock* broadcast of the most popular lifestyle and how-to programming seen on public television – where lifestyle programming got its start!

On any given day, Create treats home-improvement buffs to This Old House and Rough Cut — Woodworking with Tommy Mac. Food fans will feast on America’s Test Kitchen from Cook’s Illustrated, Lidia's Kitchen, Mexico - One Plate at a Time With Rick Bayless and Jacques Pépin: Heart & Soul. Wandering souls will find themselves captivated by Globe Trekker and Rick Steves’ Europe. Budding artists and crafters will appreciate The Best of the Joy of Painting With Bob Ross and Knit & Crochet Now.

In its 11th year, Create annually reaches 46 million viewers nationwide. The channel is produced and distributed by APT, WNET New York and WGBH Boston in association with NETA and PBS. On the Create YouTube channel you’ll find hundreds of videos from Create’s hosts featuring the best in public television’s programs about cooking, travel, home improvement, gardening and arts & crafts.

*The majority of Create channels operate 24 hours daily; some broadcast during a smaller number of hours each day.
This must be their best kept secret. Since 2006 and it's just surfacing now???

All well and dandy, but programs like This Old House which has been around for over 30 years and also Ask This Old House have been demoted to SD (that looks terrible).
If they are going to do that, then more bandwidth should be allocated to 17.2, at least to stop additional compression. Now going back to a 2nd sub channel, PQ will only get worse.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement