post #11371 of 11399 Old 09-22-2014, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by torridn View Post
So were I to upgrade to digital cable ($10/mo. with "free" HD) along with their converter box (another $10/mo.), would I at least get the broadcast networks at their original compression?
It's the same, they just show it on a different channel number. An antenna is the only way to be sure you get the original broadcast quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11372 of 11399 Old 09-22-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by torridn View Post
So were I to upgrade to digital cable ($10/mo. with "free" HD) along with their converter box (another $10/mo.), would I at least get the broadcast networks at their original compression?
No because the stations broadcast in MPEG2 and just about all (I think all do but to cover my butt) transcode from MPEG2 to MPEG4. The only way to get "original" is to receive the station OTA. The difference is really quite small, but if you put a side by side comparison and you look closely, you can see a difference. The chroma is a little off and there is a slight bit of fuzz around the edges. To 99% of the people, they don't notice unless they do a one to one comparison. Quite honest, I watch us on DirecTV 99.9% of the time only going to OTA to check a problem. It is a pure convenience thing on my part because I might have the antenna pointed in a different direction and then have to rotate it, etc so I wimp out!

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #11373 of 11399 Old 09-22-2014, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 73
TWC here still has the locals in MPEG2 on clear qam. I just got a new DuhWreckedTeeVee Genie ... nice. PQ much better than previous receiver.

Bob

The views expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of the FOX,ABC,CBS,or CW Networks,MeTv, my employer or its parent company. Nor my wife for that matter!
post #11374 of 11399 Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbee View Post
It isn't awful grounding an antenna, but doing it right isn't done often. From everything I have read, it must go straight from the mast into the ground, no sharp bends, unlike what you see for most people where it bends every which way to not look awful. But lightning doesn't travel like a crazy straw - it jumped miles in the air, it finds the easiest way to ground and you are doing your best to encourage it into the ground cable to put it where you want... From there it needs to be tied to the utility ground so everything is at the same potential - now you can use the same ground rod, but that might not be convenient. The reasoning is it is the voltage differential that causes the issues, so if everything is at the same level, nothing happens.

You will hear people argue that the grounds should be separate, but according to the NEC code, and any instructional manual you have, you will see that the grounds all are supposed to tie to the service ground, even if that means running a thick cable (or large copper foil) all the way across your house.

Grounding the coax is also a good idea - the grounding blocks are cheap, and you probably already have one left over from the satellite if they did the job correctly. Same thing, needs to be tied to the service ground.

With my tower, I ran six ground rods, large copper foil underground connecting them all, as well as heavy duty 2g wire connecting the legs to the rods... it wasn't expensive, but it did take effort to do it right. We had a lightning hit twenty feet away from the tower, nothing in the house was touched except two light switches that had relays in them that were fried. All electronics in and out were fine.
This is the one thing that I'm nervous about in terms of switching off the satellite and going OTA. I don't want lightning to run in on my TV, and I'm afraid that I'm not going to ground the antenna correctly. I suppose simply unplugging the TV and the antenna when I'm not going to be home is probably the best thing to do - especially in the summer time.
post #11375 of 11399 Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman40 View Post
This is the one thing that I'm nervous about in terms of switching off the satellite and going OTA. I don't want lightning to run in on my TV, and I'm afraid that I'm not going to ground the antenna correctly. I suppose simply unplugging the TV and the antenna when I'm not going to be home is probably the best thing to do - especially in the summer time.
Any grounding is better than no grounding. As long as you use common sense, you will be all right. Google has some good stuff about antenna grounding.

If your antenna is not the highest thing on your property, then chances are it will not be the first thing lightning goes for. Of course, when you talk about lighting, all bets are off.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.

Last edited by foxeng; 09-30-2014 at 01:19 PM.
post #11376 of 11399 Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Just like foxeng said, some reading and not going cheap on cable thickness, plus grounding blocks (and even lightning) arresters will set you up. Just follow the diagram in the TV instructions (I think they all use the same picture!) and you will be good.

Having said that, I do disconnect my antennas from my ham radio setup when not in use, but my TV I always leave connected because I am always recording - but I have been known to disconnect them, too.

Honestly, the pole and electric is more likely to get hit than your antenna, and people leave the AC connected all the time... that doesn't mean particularly anything, but you can see that while it is important to have good grounding for your setup, a lightning bolt most likely won't come in your house and leave it like a meteor hit it...
post #11377 of 11399 Old 10-01-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

FCC throws out NFL blackout rule

NEW YORK — The FCC just sacked the NFL’s blackout policy.
After a unanimous 5-0 vote Tuesday, the FCC ended a 40-year-old ruling that blacked out NFL games in local broadcast areas.
Under the ruling, games could not be shown on TV in the NFL team’s local market if the team’s stadium wasn’t sold out 72 hours before kickoff.
“At that time [40 years ago], ticket sales were the primary source of revenue for the NFL and most NFL games failed to sell out,” the FCC said. “Today, television revenues have replaced ticket sales as the NFL’s main source of revenue.”
Football fans didn’t like the blackout policy.
During last year’s playoffs, for example, loyal fans of the Green Bay Packers were in danger of being blacked out because they didn’t fill Lambeau Field, even though the primary reason for them not showing up was the below zero degree temperatures.
The FCC also acknowledged in its statement that only two games were blacked out last season, and that the NFL brings in $6 billion in TV revenue every year.
As of late, the NFL has shown just how popular it is on TV by bringing in gigantic ratings, despite some off-field scandals.
The ruling doesn’t mean that NFL blackouts are completely a thing of the past. The NFL could still black out games with broadcasters for different reasons.
“This is a historic victory for sports fans in the fight to keep sports accessible to all,” said Brian Frederick, a board member of Sports Fans Coalition, a nonprofit agency that speaks for fans against issues like media blackouts.
The NFL said in its own statement that it will continue to televise “every one of its games on free, over-the-air television.”

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/01/fcc-thr...blackout-rule/

post #11378 of 11399 Old 10-02-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
FCC throws out NFL blackout rule

NEW YORK — The FCC just sacked the NFL’s blackout policy.
After a unanimous 5-0 vote Tuesday, the FCC ended a 40-year-old ruling that blacked out NFL games in local broadcast areas.
Under the ruling, games could not be shown on TV in the NFL team’s local market if the team’s stadium wasn’t sold out 72 hours before kickoff.
“At that time [40 years ago], ticket sales were the primary source of revenue for the NFL and most NFL games failed to sell out,” the FCC said. “Today, television revenues have replaced ticket sales as the NFL’s main source of revenue.”
Football fans didn’t like the blackout policy.
During last year’s playoffs, for example, loyal fans of the Green Bay Packers were in danger of being blacked out because they didn’t fill Lambeau Field, even though the primary reason for them not showing up was the below zero degree temperatures.
The FCC also acknowledged in its statement that only two games were blacked out last season, and that the NFL brings in $6 billion in TV revenue every year.
As of late, the NFL has shown just how popular it is on TV by bringing in gigantic ratings, despite some off-field scandals.
The ruling doesn’t mean that NFL blackouts are completely a thing of the past. The NFL could still black out games with broadcasters for different reasons.
“This is a historic victory for sports fans in the fight to keep sports accessible to all,” said Brian Frederick, a board member of Sports Fans Coalition, a nonprofit agency that speaks for fans against issues like media blackouts.
The NFL said in its own statement that it will continue to televise “every one of its games on free, over-the-air television.

http://myfox8.com/2014/10/01/fcc-thr...blackout-rule/
LOL! Well, except for the games that are shown on the NFL Network and ESPN.
post #11379 of 11399 Old 10-03-2014, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
LOL! Well, except for the games that are shown on the NFL Network and ESPN.
I believe that the cable games are still shown OTA in the city of the teams playing. Manchester, NH and Milwaukee, WI also got OTA games of the Patriots and Packers. I recall seeing a Panthers cable game on WSOC there, too. The NFL Network games are now all (or mostly) simulcast on CBS, too.
post #11380 of 11399 Old 10-04-2014, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb1980 View Post
I believe that the cable games are still shown OTA in the city of the teams playing. Manchester, NH and Milwaukee, WI also got OTA games of the Patriots and Packers. I recall seeing a Panthers cable game on WSOC there, too. The NFL Network games are now all (or mostly) simulcast on CBS, too.
CBS will only be simulcasting the first 8 Thursday Night games. The remaining will only be on the NFL Network.

Games on cable are only shown locally in a team's primary market. For example - I have 2 apartments (needed for work). One in Minneapolis (Vikings primary market), and one in Fargo, ND (Vikings secondary market). When a game airs on cable (which should be pretty rare for the Vikings after the way they stunk it up this Thursday) - the game will be shown locally in Minneapolis ... but is not shown locally in Fargo (the secondary market).

On a side note - the worst season of NFL football I ever watched was in 2001, the year I was living in Burlington. That year - I sat on my couch every Sunday watching the Carolina Panthers during a 1 - 15 season.

The only game they won that year? Why - that was a week 1 victory when they played ... of course ... my Vikings. :-)
post #11381 of 11399 Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yep, this is why I'm glad the antenna @ my home in NW W-S picks up Charlotte stations, so I can always get the Panthers.

Quote:
post #11382 of 11399 Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 AM

Quote:
If it's Monday Night Football, then no, those games are only played on ESPN. Only half of the Thursday games are played on CBS this year.
post #11383 of 11399 Old 10-08-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sinclair and Technicolor Do ATSC 3.0 4K Over-the-Air Broadcast
First U.S.-based demonstration
LOS ANGELES— Sinclair Broadcast Group and Technicolor delivered an industry first by successfully deploying Technicolor’s ATSC 3.0 4K UltraHD testbed platform and receiving an over-the-air signal. The Technicolor platform, based on open audio, video and transport standards including Scalable HEVC (SHVC), MPEG-H audio and MPEG-MMT transport, has been integrated into Sinclair’s experimental OFDM transmission system in Baltimore, Maryland. The impact of this deployment is that broadcasters will be able to deliver the highest quality content, inclusive of 4K UltraHD live broadcast in a simultaneous transmission to consumers both at home and on-the-go. “Technicolor has created an integrated platform, not just a single component such as audio or video, which enables us to do real-world deployments and testing of this exciting next generation ATSC 3.0 technology,” said Vince Pizzica, senior executive vice president of Corporate Development and Technology for Technicolor. “Our testbed has been designed around open standards, with robustness in mind to ensure delivery of high quality programming to all devices. Transmitting over-the-air for a speed of 70mph in a real-world scenario demonstrates our ‘systems approach’ to solving market and customer issues.”
“Sinclair continues to work to bring future value to all broadcast stakeholders, a future where HDTV and new services can be reliably delivered to tablets and portable devices, and 4K UltraHD to our home audience,” said Mark Aitken, vice president of Advanced Technology for Sinclair. “These new revenue opportunities bring local broadcasters to the forefront of serving our local markets. Our viewers are increasingly mobile in all that they are engaged and the technologies we are demonstrating bring new alternatives in the delivery of media content to consumers.”
This is the first successful broadcast of Scalable HEVC compression anywhere in the world. This is also the first successful integration of MPEG-MMT A/V transport technology, which is enhanced with Technicolor’s fast channel change and staggercast technologies to ensure consumers do not lose audio capabilities even when reception and video are not seamless experiences. All of these elements will work together to deploy the first ATSC 3.0 live experimental transmission in which live 4K scalable video and audio will be delivered over the air and live-streamed onto mobile devices.
Scalable HEVC translates bits from a network data stream into a picture by breaking up video bit streams into subsets that add layers of quality and resolution to video signals. Our platform allows us to flexibly adapt to sub-par network connections by dropping these bit stream subsets or packets in order to reduce the frame rate, resolution or bandwidth consumption of a picture, which prevents the picture from breaking up. For example, a mobile phone would receive only the base layer or bit stream while a high-definition TV or video conferencing console would receive both the base layer and bit stream subset or enhancement layer.
A note from Mark Aitken about SHVC:
Scalable video coding (sometimes referred to as layered coding) offers many benefits to the stakeholders in any transition to a Next Generation Broadcast Platform. High Efficiency Video Coding, also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2, is designed to support 4K and 8K Ultra High Definition. Scalable HEVC, or SHVC allows video bit streams to be broken into bit stream subsets that add layers of quality and resolution to video signals.

To the consumer, it ensures that the rugged nomadic/portable services available to devices such as tablets and smartphones is a high quality viewing experience (HDTV), and it brings to traditional fixed services supported by outdoor antennas the possibility of UltraHD. A ‘base layer’ that provides improved HDTV (supporting high dynamic range, high frame rates, larger bit-depths) drives a better viewing experience across all classes of devices. Having multiple ‘layers’ of service (differentiated robustness) allows the efficient maximization of bit allocation for video and audio services while also serving as a means to provide ‘graceful degradation’. (Imagine an increasingly difficult broadcast environment where the picture quality can progress from UltraHD to HDTV to audio only. No “cliff effect” where it is ‘all or nothing.’ This also provides for a unified base level of service (HDTV) for Broadcasters converting to NGBP.)

For the industries that ‘surround’ television broadcasting (consumer electronics manufacturers, smart phone and tablet makers, programmers, advertisers, etc.), SHVC provides understanding for baselines services that need to be supported (HDTV). A unified deployment commitment also means a level of universal service (HDTV) and expect enhanced services (SHVC). Many of the questions regarding “what will be the primary video service offered?” are easily answered. A number of flexible transition scenarios are available to Broadcasters ensuring an orderly conversion of services to NGBP. Certainty drives a robust ecosystem.

For regulators, the benefits to the public are more easily identified. With ‘graceful degradation’, a higher quality of service can be expected. The digital ‘cliff effect’ is eliminated, and differentiated service levels can be tailored to the needs of the service being offered. More effective use of spectrum across a wide variety of devices – big and small. Competitive nomadic/portable services drive a better value equation for consumers.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/...oadcast/272758

difuse likes this.

post #11384 of 11399 Old 10-08-2014, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 94
^^That ATSC 3.0 sounds real good if it is eventually implemented. Then maybe those 4K UHDTVs will be worth consideration. And it sounds promising for OTA antenna reception, especially if the digital cliff doesn't drop off.
post #11385 of 11399 Old 10-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
^^That ATSC 3.0 sounds real good if it is eventually implemented. Then maybe those 4K UHDTVs will be worth consideration. And it sounds promising for OTA antenna reception, especially if the digital cliff doesn't drop off.

Maybe, but I don't think "graceful degradation" will do well with a marketing focus group. They're going to have to come up with a slicker way to sell the benefits of the new technology.
post #11386 of 11399 Old 10-08-2014, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looks like the OTA portion of my potential cord cutting should be fine... A couple of days ago, I fired up the used TiVo I bought and verified that it functioned correctly. I established TiVo service this afternoon and, tonight, plugged in my ethernet cable and ~$20 Radio Shack rabbit ears and did all the downloads, updates, channel scans, etc. In addition to the expected Triad channels (with the exceptions - also expected - of ION & WGSR), it picked up WUNG .1 .2 .3 & .5 and WAXN 64.3

I'm thinking much more seriously now about working toward just putting the DB4 in the rafters.
post #11387 of 11399 Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Deborah D. McAdams /
10.03.2014 02:14 PM

LG Launches U.S. Sales of 4K OLED TVs
Starting at just under $10,000
SANTA MONICA, CALIF.—LG is selling OLED 4KTVs in the United States. LG Electronics USA chose Southern California as the consumer launch pad for its new 65-inch class (64.5 inches measured diagonally) 4K OLED TV. LG teamed up with retailer Video & Audio Center to introduce OLED TVs to the U.S. consumer market “for the first time at a VIP in-store event attended by hundreds of customers last night in Santa Monica. Now available for sale at Video & Audio Center at $9,999, the 65EC9700 will be available nationwide later this month.”
LG said that each pixel of its its WRGB OLED technology is made up of four sub-pixels, or roughly 33 million sub-pixels with no backlight necessary, rendering deep blacks. LGs OLEDs are also described as having a “subtly curved, razor thin design – less than a quarter inch or the depth of just a few credit cards at the thinnest point.” The frameless, bezel-less design allows the picture to cover the screen from edge-to-edge. The LG OLED TVs incorporate the latest HDMI interface, H.265 decoding for 4K, a dual-chip, six-step upscaler, and a WebOS smart platform for switching between sources.
Little content is yet available in 4K, but a concert this fall featuring Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga will be streamed live in 4K, with LG as the sponsor. LG says a 20 Mbps connection is recommended.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/...ed-tvs-/272668

post #11388 of 11399 Old 10-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Deborah D. McAdams /
10.03.2014 02:14 PM

LG Launches U.S. Sales of 4K OLED TVs
Starting at just under $10,000
SANTA MONICA, CALIF.—LG is selling OLED 4KTVs in the United States. LG Electronics USA chose Southern California as the consumer launch pad for its new 65-inch class (64.5 inches measured diagonally) 4K OLED TV. LG teamed up with retailer Video & Audio Center to introduce OLED TVs to the U.S. consumer market “for the first time at a VIP in-store event attended by hundreds of customers last night in Santa Monica.

I didn't know Santa Monica had that many wealthy people.
Whenever I read about things like this, I think of that saying that identifies what kind of person is soon parted from his money.
post #11389 of 11399 Old 10-10-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I saw an LG OLED TV at HHG that looked very nice and a good replacement for plasma. No side angle viewing fade. But it was not a 4K version, but still very nice. But the price needs to drop a bit. I got a Samsung 51F4500 and 51F5300 basic plasmas at the very good closeout price to hold me over for a while. Still sorry to see the end of plasma.
post #11390 of 11399 Old 10-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Mimo

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/7...entive-auction
I like the idea of MIMO, but I'm not sure how well it would work with general broadcasting of TV.
post #11391 of 11399 Old 10-15-2014, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
WGHP Ch 8.2 Reception

I live in Jamestown NC, have a DB4e antenna (have tried
others as well) indoors 2nd story, aimed at ~168deg mag.
per TVFool.

This antenna is connected to a Hauppauge 1850 board
installed in a Win 7 PC, using Windows Media Center
(WMC) as the tuner and DVR controller.

WGHP's Ch 8.1 signal is received, viewed, and recorded OK. The signal strength as reported by WMC is the max of 6 green bars, as are signals from WFMY and some other stations.

The WGHP 8.2 signal, however, displays only 1 red bar,
the lowest indication used in WMC. I can view 8.2 most
of the time, but when trying to record, the screen
blacks out and eventually a WMC message is displayed
stating that "Service is unavailable ... There is
currently no TV signal detected for this channel."

This has been happening from my earliest attempts to use
an antenna. I think foxeng once stated that the 8.1 and 8.2
signals were broadcast at the same power and location on
his tower.

Any ideas... what to try, look for, etc.? Is AntennaTV
flagged for no recording?
Thanks.
post #11392 of 11399 Old 10-15-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

We currently do not locally flag anything for non-recording. To my knowledge, Antenna TV doesn't either.

To answer your question, yes, 8.1 and 8.2 are transmitted on the same signal. If you have a good signal on one channel, you will have a good signal on the other. Also, those signal meters are not true signal meters. They are more reception quality meters masquerading as signal meters. That is why you are getting different readings on the same RF signal.

It sounds like WMC has an issue with 8.2. WMC is known for not wanting to play nice with OTA TV signals for all kinds of reasons. I think mostly because it's MicroSoft. I have seen WMC issues since WMC started ATSC support.

You might want to try some other software to test the hardware on 8.2. Also, you may want to check with just a TV to be sure of reception as well. You might also want to download the free version of TSReader. It will show you how well you are receiving stations down to the PID level. If it decodes with TSReader, it is DEFINITELY a WMC issue.

My guess is WMC strikes AGAIN!

Here is a TSReader output I just took of 8.2 from a HDHomeRun tuner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WGHP.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	312890  

post #11393 of 11399 Old 10-15-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
We currently do not locally flag anything for non-recording. To my knowledge, Antenna TV doesn't either.

To answer your question, yes, 8.1 and 8.2 are transmitted on the same signal. If you have a good signal on one channel, you will have a good signal on the other. Also, those signal meters are not true signal meters. They are more reception quality meters masquerading as signal meters. That is why you are getting different readings on the same RF signal.

It sounds like WMC has an issue with 8.2. WMC is known for not wanting to play nice with OTA TV signals for all kinds of reasons. I think mostly because it's MicroSoft. I have seen WMC issues since WMC started ATSC support.

You might want to try some other software to test the hardware on 8.2. Also, you may want to check with just a TV to be sure of reception as well. You might also want to download the free version of TSReader. It will show you how well you are receiving stations down to the PID level. If it decodes with TSReader, it is DEFINITELY a WMC issue.

My guess is WMC strikes AGAIN!

Here is a TSReader output I just took of 8.2 from a HDHomeRun tuner.
Thanks, foxeng!
I connected the antenna to my wife's 22" Samsung TV set, switched the set to "air", and there was 8.1 and 8.2 as quickly and easily as clicking the remote!!! It gives the appearance of a good signal!

Now I have to surround WMC somehow, else try an alternate application. It's also possible that my Hauppauge card is not playing nice, but I don't know yet how to test that.

I just downloaded your suggested TSReader, and will try to understand and install that app later this evening; not sure where it grabs the signal for evaluation. I'll post again with the outcome of that trial.

Thanks again for your help!
post #11394 of 11399 Old 10-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

. WMC is known for not wanting to play nice with OTA TV signals for all kinds of reasons. I think mostly because it's MicroSoft.

post #11395 of 11399 Old 10-16-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderthandirt View Post
Thanks, foxeng!
I connected the antenna to my wife's 22" Samsung TV set, switched the set to "air", and there was 8.1 and 8.2 as quickly and easily as clicking the remote!!! It gives the appearance of a good signal!

Now I have to surround WMC somehow, else try an alternate application. It's also possible that my Hauppauge card is not playing nice, but I don't know yet how to test that.

I just downloaded your suggested TSReader, and will try to understand and install that app later this evening; not sure where it grabs the signal for evaluation. I'll post again with the outcome of that trial.

Thanks again for your help!
foxeng - here a tsreader screen cap. I have no idea how to read the data, but it appears to have decoded the 8.1 and 8.2 streams.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wghp-tsreader.png
Views:	17
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	315498  
post #11396 of 11399 Old 10-18-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

For those interested, the truck race today is on 8.2 due to other sports commitments on 8.1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #11397 of 11399 Old 10-18-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olderthandirt View Post
foxeng - here a tsreader screen cap. I have no idea how to read the data, but it appears to have decoded the 8.1 and 8.2 streams.

It says your card is fine. The issue is with WMC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post #11398 of 11399 Old 10-18-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
It says your card is fine. The issue is with WMC.
Thx. Saves having to install new antennas!
post #11399 of 11399 Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

http://www.rcrwireless.com/20141024/...n-to-2016-tag2
Who would'a thunk?
Another postponement of the spectrum auction
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List
foxeng