Greensboro, NC - HDTV - Page 384 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
post #11491 of 11501 Old 03-16-2015, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 40
And remember, Antenna TV as all the others have dubbed programs and movies in to a file playback system so once it is in the system, if there are glitches and hiccups, they are there for the life of the file.

Piece of useless trivia - The automation playback system used for Antenna TV and This TV is the same exact system we use here.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11492 of 11501 Old 03-18-2015, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
And remember, Antenna TV as all the others have dubbed programs and movies in to a file playback system so once it is in the system, if there are glitches and hiccups, they are there for the life of the file.

Piece of useless trivia - The automation playback system used for Antenna TV and This TV is the same exact system we use here.
Among those programs that do not look really good today are the Norman Lear shows, including All in the Family and associated shows. They have, at least, survived. The British show on which All in the Family was inspired had less luck. The entire first production of "Til Death do us Part" seems completely lost.. Like All in the Family, it was produced on videotape, but, as nobody saw future interest in the program, being somewhat topical, the tape was recycled for other uses. That was a BBC decision. When the show went to commercial TV, it was archived. The temptation on both sides of the Atlantic to reuse videotape was pretty strong in the first 10-15 years of the technology.
post #11493 of 11501 Old 04-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Fcc's O'Reilly, maybe a threat, maybe a prediction:
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...amation/139339
post #11494 of 11501 Old 04-07-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
The incentive auction is designed to be a market-based means for TV stations to sell their spectrum indirectly to wireless companies. So if you're a station losing money or not making a lot of money, you can opt to sell your spectrum to the FCC who, in turn, will sell it to the wireless companies. If not enough stations opt to sell, then nothing happens. If lots of stations sell, then the TV band shrinks. (Only full-power and Class A stations are eligible.)

To get 84 MHz (channels above 37) would require about 200-300 stations to sell, but of course, it has to be the right 200-300 stations.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #11495 of 11501 Old 04-07-2015, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by difuse View Post
.... The entire first production of "Til Death do us Part" seems completely lost.. Like All in the Family, it was produced on videotape, but, as nobody saw future interest in the program, being somewhat topical, the tape was recycled for other uses. That was a BBC decision. .
That's "Till Death Us Do Part". The wording was taken straight from the Book of Common Prayer, 1662 revision.
post #11496 of 11501 Old 04-08-2015, 03:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedon View Post
That's "Till Death Us Do Part". The wording was taken straight from the Book of Common Prayer, 1662 revision.
Yep, I misjuztaposed the two words.
post #11497 of 11501 Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Then misspelt misjuxtaposed
foxeng likes this.
post #11498 of 11501 Old 04-08-2015, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
That sounds like something Archie would say.
On the topic of "All in the Family", I was thinking about what Archie and Edith's wedding ceremony would have been like if Archie had written the vows. The words "love, honor, and stifle" came to mind.
post #11499 of 11501 Unread Yesterday, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,
First post after some lurking.
Built house in 2006 and TV house cabling done by TW and Dishnetwork.
Just had a run put in to the attic to get to a Winegard HD-4400 antenna costing about $100
Playing with permanent mounting for antenna and wondering what experiences have been encountered by group that you would advise to do or avoid if in my place.
Thanks
post #11500 of 11501 Unread Yesterday, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcxmbfj View Post
Hi all,
Just had a run put in to the attic to get to a Winegard HD-4400 antenna costing about $100
Playing with permanent mounting for antenna and wondering what experiences have been encountered by group that you would advise to do or avoid if in my place.
Thanks
It woould be helpful to go to TVFool.com and determine what your likely reception prospects are. Posting the results here will help with advice. As I understand things, one may not post an attachment until after the fifth posting here. So, if you know any TV jokes, you might post them one at a time until you get past five.
post #11501 of 11501 Unread Today, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcxmbfj View Post
Hi all,
Thanks
Avoid drilling into the roof if possible. The easiest and best mountings are on the side of the house... chimneys seem like a good idea for ease of installation, but some chimenys have sustained damage from having to big of an antenna mounted on it and the wind catching it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page