Greensboro, NC - HDTV - Page 385 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #11521 of 11524 Old 06-30-2015, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Watching WGHP in SD via DirecTV. Re: the hitch that appears when the weather alerts come up - is it present in other viewing options or is it just ours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11522 of 11524 Old 07-01-2015, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I live in Stokes County (King area); but I was wondering if anyone else has been able to pickup
WFFP-TV Danville / Roanoke / Lynchburg, Virginia, 24.1 (COZI TV)?
I can pick it up most of the time with the antenna I am currently using, but it seems to fade some after dark. This to my knowledge is the closest Cozi-tv that we have in the area.
It will also soon have Movies on 24.2. Just thought I would ask.
thanks Rhw
post #11523 of 11524 Old 07-01-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTarHeel View Post
Watching WGHP in SD via DirecTV. Re: the hitch that appears when the weather alerts come up - is it present in other viewing options or is it just ours?
Hitch? Can you explain what you are seeing and what programming you are seeing it in?

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #11524 of 11524 Old 07-01-2015, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
Hitch? Can you explain what you are seeing and what programming you are seeing it in?
The most recent example was during the Women's World Cup game, USA v. Germany. The announcers would be talking along... "That was a good play.." then the weather alert graphics come up, the picture freaks out for a sec while it's resized and then you hear "... good play" again before it continues along normally. There's also an annoying video hitch when the weather alert goes away but it's not accompanied by any repeated or missed words.

This same hiccup was also present during the US Open telecasts from the previous weekend. In fact, I remember it from months ago but I don't remember if it was DirecTV's SD or HD feed we were watching at the time. I've just gotten used to it always being the case on WGHP. But, it seemed more pronounced last night, so I thought you might like to know about it.

The other odd thing is that I don't see a corresponding issue when the weather alerts pop up during WXII & WFMY programming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception