Greensboro, NC - HDTV - Page 390 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11671 of 11672 Old Today, 11:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Originally Posted by torridn View Post
Question from someone new to cord-cutting.

Here's what I want to do. I want to receive over-the-air TV with an antenna and stream it to my Chromecast dongle via Wi-Fi. I know I can just plug the antenna into my TV, but I want to control all my TV options (over-the-air, Sling TV, Netflix) via my tablet rather than a bunch of remotes.

I know there are various options out there - Aereo is dead, Simple.TV looks to be dying and gets bad reviews, Tablo looks too pricey. I don't want to record anything on a DVR or watch my local stations via the internet while out of town. What I'm looking for is a simple box with an HDTV tuner that interfaces with my router.

Is there anything like this on the market?
HDHOMERUN is the way I would go.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Sponsored Links
post #11672 of 11672 Old Today, 06:40 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by odiest View Post
You can look at a hdhomerun extend by silicon dust. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you may be able to get this it to work. I use the connect for my home system but have it going to a Mac mini for recording and control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post
HDHOMERUN is the way I would go.
Thanks. I will look into the hdhomerun.
Sponsored Links
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page