Greensboro, NC - HDTV - Page 396 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
post #11851 of 11854 Unread 09-21-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 63
If you are on Time-Warner and have lost WGHP and WXII, you need to contact TWC. They will say it isn't their problem, but it is. You have to just push back. The CSRs appear to not know even though I was told they do.

Last week TWC made some changes of the QAM channels. There is a device called a "trap" on the pole in front of the home that needs to be removed. This trap was used years ago to remove certain channels so they could not be seen if you didn't subscribe to them. Some of these traps were never removed. They need to remove this trap and you will receive WGHP and WXII.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers. "Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11852 of 11854 Unread Yesterday, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I m new in the area and I've been around OTA for a few years. I brought my antennas from Connecticut where they were pointing to New York ( Empire State building) and getting the channels with 85% strength. I was getting 60 channels.

My antennas Antennas Direct HD91XG for UHF and Winegard YA-1713 for 7 to 13 VHF channel.

The same combo I set up here in Oak Ridge above my roof around 24 FT high. I got 45 channels. I did got channel 7 WDBJ from Roanoke VA with 45% strength and Univision (40) from outside Raleigh with less of 50%. I am using a single pole with a Winegard amp with UHF/VHF.

91XG is pointing close to US220/I73 with a 100% strength from High Point and the same antenna is receiving Sauratown MT channel with 60% solid. PBS, NBC. Winegard YA-1713 is pointing North .

Now I am working to ground the pole/cable to ground. I have to say the combo survived Hurricane Sandy 6 years ago.
post #11853 of 11854 Unread Today, 08:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrimal View Post
I m new in the area and I've been around OTA for a few years. I brought my antennas from Connecticut where they were pointing to New York ( Empire State building) and getting the channels with 85% strength. I was getting 60 channels.

My antennas Antennas Direct HD91XG for UHF and Winegard YA-1713 for 7 to 13 VHF channel.

The same combo I set up here in Oak Ridge above my roof around 24 FT high. I got 45 channels. I did got channel 7 WDBJ from Roanoke VA with 45% strength and Univision (40) from outside Raleigh with less of 50%. I am using a single pole with a Winegard amp with UHF/VHF.

91XG is pointing close to US220/I73 with a 100% strength from High Point and the same antenna is receiving Sauratown MT channel with 60% solid. PBS, NBC. Winegard YA-1713 is pointing North .

Now I am working to ground the pole/cable to ground. I have to say the combo survived Hurricane Sandy 6 years ago.
Hi lebrimal,

Welcome to the area. The VHF antenna will probably not do you much good since there are only two VHF Hi stations you might be able to pick up, WTVD 11 in Raleigh and WSET 13 in Lynch, VA. There is a channel 3 PBS in Roanoke, but people have a hard time getting them this far south. All the other stations are UHF.

Locally the vast majority of stations are basically located in two compact areas. Sauratown Mt north of Winston-Salem is the NBC and PBS stations. Due south from Greensboro and north of Asheboro along US 220/I 73 are the rest. And if you are into ION programming, the transmitter is at Reidsville.

CBS (2) is on channel 51
FOX (8) is on channel 35
NBC (12) is on channel 31
ION (16) is on channel 14
CW (20) is on channel 19
PBS (26) is on channel 32
ABC (45) is on channel 29
MY NETWORK (48) is on channel 33

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers. "Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig. After a couple of hours, you realize the pig likes it"
post #11854 of 11854 Unread Today, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
thank you, I just discover a new channel Fox 27 WFXR from Roanoke VA with a quite strong signal 50% strength, but my wife and I felt in love with Fox 8 from High Point. I hope a lot folks get into OTA in this area, driving around I saw a couple of DB8 antennas so they might be in the hobby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception