Charleston, SC info?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2002, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just moved back to the Lowcountry and was wondering if anyone had any updated information on the status of the local networks.

Thx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2002, 04:47 PM

KTrout and a few others have been discussing this recently. The CHS stations are gearing up but none are currently broadcasting in HD.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-05-2002, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

tthorsen,

don't believe anyone will be up before november. do a search on "charleston" if you want to see more discussion in the thread i started a while ago that goes into a little more detail on it.

it never hurts to e-mail the local stations engineers and ask them. the more people that show interest the better off we will all be.

Channel 5 will most likely add you to a mailing list and they seem like they will provide us with updates. they seem very interested in bringing hd to the lowcountry.
can't say the same about the others. i feel we need to continue contacting Channels 2 and 4 as they have been brief and vague with me since I started inquiring about their progress over a year ago.
i'm not too sure about this but i think "faux" was going through an ownership change, and not even concerned about hd at all. (which is standard for fox)

pass the word about contacting the stations. don't necessarily want to harass anyone, but i have been told by someone at one of the stations that it does make a difference. remember, most of these stations are not locally owned and have a corporate office that probably doesn't rate bringing hd to charleston high on the priority list.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page