HBO-HD for Optimum online subscribers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-06-2002, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tried to tune in tonight to watch BOB on HBO-HD only to find out that FOX-HD got moved to that channel. MSG-HD is on 39-01 now, but where did HBO go?
WTNH-DT is not coming in either-the signal used to be in the 90's now it's in the 40's :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HBO-HD is now on 64-1. Thank goodness. You had me worried for a minute.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-06-2002, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Merson
HBO-HD is now on 64-1. Thank goodness. You had me worried for a minute.
I guess it's always a good idea to rescan before complaining-lesson learned.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-07-2002, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Cablevision just added 26 movie channels to their digital service. I think it was just a reshuffling of all their channels including HD channels.

Scott G.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-07-2002, 08:45 AM

Hi Guys, I had to register to the forum on the curiosity of this topic alone. I was told by IO digital salesperson this morning that cablevision doesn’t offer any HD feeds of any kind. Actually cablevision sales said HBO & Showtime does come across in HD ? She also said I would need equipment from cablevision to receive it and passed me through to IO digital sales for details on what i need. Well, IO digital sales said the woman at cablevision support must be confused and they offer nothing in HD or DD 5.1 audio. Maybe one of you guys could clue me in considering cablevision is telling me conflicting statements. I bought an Xbr last week and have in picture quality hell since bringing this set home. Watching Sports seems to be the most painful experience of all. I ordered IO digital for next weekend as a last ditch effort for satisfaction before I switch to Directv but have heard that IO digital sucks as well. On a side note, is there any good ISF techs in the Nassau area to calibrate my set ?

Regards
Shaun
post #6 of 9 Old 05-07-2002, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Shaun,
To answer a first part to your question, read this post
To answer your second question, we have an excellent calibrator-Gary Merson (he replied to this post).
post #7 of 9 Old 05-07-2002, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaun
Maybe one of you guys could clue me in considering cablevision is telling me conflicting statements.
Regards
Shaun

There are SOME areas on LI where Cablevision is broadcasting MSG, FOX SPORTS and HBO in HD. These channels will be recognized by any HD receiver, BUT NOT by a cablevision digital IO receiver. Plug your cable line into the cable/ota input on your receiver and do a channel search (Tell your receiver it is an antenna). Hopefully you will come up the stations. If you don't, there is nothing you can do except get a dish. Cablevision does not claim they offer the service, but they send it out to support their Wiz stores.

Cablevision HD channels:
39-1 (MSG)
61-1 (Fox Sports)
64-1 (HBO)

Good Luck,
Joe
post #8 of 9 Old 05-07-2002, 02:54 PM

Thanks Aberk62 & Joecraw for the feedback, that's an interesting thread about CV & OOL. I've had OOL here since 96 and had no idea they bury their HD feeds with in. It seems Comcast is further along on the same path by just releasing a HD four channel package to the public if I read correctly? What sat service would you guys suggest I go with considering I'm looking for some HD content as well as the basic channels? With Directv I could use one dish with the 110 Lbn kit for HD? What’s a good directv compatible HD receiver? Dish Networks would require two dishes and their 6000 receiver? Aren’t these two companies looking to merge ? I'm ready to try satellite but which direction I don’t know. Are they both going to release Discovery HD? NFL ticket is something I would crave to so that’s a vote for direct tv I guess. Any input would be much appreciated so I can get this show on the road. Sorry about the 99 questions but I only looked into sat this past Sunday when I bought the hd ready Tv. Also, would I be able to connect OOL to the receiver for MSG HD while being connected to the dish ?

regards
Shaun
post #9 of 9 Old 05-07-2002, 08:25 PM

Quote:
What sat service would you guys suggest I go with considering I'm looking for some HD content as well as the basic channels?
I have DirecTV. You get HBO, SHOWTIME & HD-NET/Pay-per-view(late at night when HD-NET is done)

Quote:
With Directv I could use one dish with the 110 Lbn kit for HD?
Yes, DirecTv has a dish that gets all 3 LNBs. You need the 3rd for Showtime.

Quote:
What’s a good directv compatible HD receiver?
Zenith seems to get the most positive feedback on this site, but I went cheap and got the RCA. Mits, Toshiba, Hughes, Phillips, Sony & Panasonic all have DirecTV models.

Quote:
Aren’t these two companies looking to merge ?
Yes. They are awaiting approval from the gov't.

Quote:
Are they both going to release Discovery HD?
[/b]
No one has announced that they will carry Discovery HD yet. But I would assume both will try to carry it.

Quote:
Also, would I be able to connect OOL to the receiver for MSG HD while being connected to the dish ?
YES!!! As long as cablevision keeps sending that signal to the WIZ.

Joe
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page