Dothan AL and WTVY - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2002, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone in the Dothan AL viewing area? Got this from Wade Thomaston, station engineer:

Quote:
As for our station and its' convergence to DTV, this is our situation and near future plans. We have had a delay on the shipment of our antenna and it is scheduled to be shipped around the end of August. We will initially operate at reduced power for a couple of years or until the number of DTV receivers increase to warrant the high power transition. When this occurs, we will increase to full power on our allotted channel 36. This is scheduled to occur no later than 2006 unless the FCC changes the time table again. You should have no trouble receiving our signal when the full power channel 36 begins operation. When we begin operation of the DTV in late summer, we will be carrying true HDTV from CBS. The equipment to facilitate this has already been received or is on order.
I'm in Ft. Walton Beach, FL which is in reach of WTVY's analog tower.

Rick Steverson

Surely you didn't make the mistake of thinking I know what I'm talking about?!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2002, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thats awesome news i live in dothan but soon to be moving to mobile hopefully. I got my parents to invest in a HDTV i'm sure they will be more than excite to hear this.