Lost my OTA HDTV Channels - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 05-11-2002, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I turned on my system Friday, I found all of my local OTA HD channels are gone, tried letting DTC-100 do new search but nothing on A or B antenna inputs. Anyone ever ran into this problem, any info would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-11-2002, 03:28 PM
DAP
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Check to see that your antenna is still attached (check that the antenna is still there too)
post #3 of 7 Old 05-11-2002, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

my antenna sits on top of my entertainment center and its still there.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-13-2002, 08:20 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. Turned on the system and all digital stations are gone. Using a silver sensor antenna sitting on my set with a dst3000. Can get the analog stations, not the digital. Gotta be something with the settings, but I've cleared and rescanned a bunch of times and nothing works. An interesting note, all my channel guide info is gone, and it doesn't recognize my cable company as being in my area.

Lets hope some smart person comes along and helps us out. CBS just went digital in my area ( of course I've been waiting for 2 years) and I can't even check it out.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

I contacted RCA and they told me to reboot the STB, still no luck at all. Also they do not do repairs, they only do exchanges (mine's out of warranty) for a mere $240.00. Keep me posted if you find anything.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-14-2002, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by allaces10
I'm having the exact same problem. Turned on the system and all digital stations are gone. Using a silver sensor antenna sitting on my set with a dst3000. Can get the analog stations, not the digital. Gotta be something with the settings, but I've cleared and rescanned a bunch of times and nothing works. An interesting note, all my channel guide info is gone, and it doesn't recognize my cable company as being in my area.

Lets hope some smart person comes along and helps us out. CBS just went digital in my area ( of course I've been waiting for 2 years) and I can't even check it out.
Sounds like the 5099 software upgrade bug. Re-input your zip code. For details search for 5099 over at the HDTV hardware forum.

Somehow I don't think that the Toshiba software update effected your DTC-100, sorry.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-16-2002, 08:13 PM

Often, when they do antenna maitence, they will turn off the HDTV signal. They do this a lot in the morning/afternoon. If you can't get a signal from another tower or if the problem still exists have a day or two, then I would start checking out your connections
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page