Originally Posted by suzeo99
I am a DirTV customer right now and between our broadband going up by $10 because we don't use Comcast cable and the crappy signal strengths on the HR10-250 I am trying to look into switching to Comcast but their website is not much help.
Here are my questions:
1. What is the difference between Comcast Digital Classic EXTRA, PLUS and regular? I clicked on channel lineup and stuck it is a spreadsheet so I could compare and they list all the same channels. I assume that is wrong but I can't tell which channels apply to which package.
2. If I have a TV not watched very often could I just plug the cable right into it and not rent a box and still get basic cable? If so, which basic cable channel package would that be?
3. They do have a HD DVR right?
4. Does it cost the same as a regualr DVR and I just pay the $5 HD package fee?
5. If I have a regular DVR also on a different TV- will that be an EXTRA $11.95 per month? or is there just an extra box charge for something less?
Thanks in advance
1. I think the difference between these packages is being able to add additional channels such as HBO, Showtime, etc...
2. With any basic cable package, you should be able to hook up directly to your TV and get the basic cable channels. All the cable outlets in your house should be active, but you need to make sure your TV is cable ready first.
3. The DVR Comcast gave me was the Motorola DCT 6416. Works okay, but has a software issue if you leave the box turned off during a recording. If you power the box on to watch TV, the box will be stuck in MUTE unless you can reprogram your remote. You'll see what I mean if you get this box.
4. For me, I tried to order the HD package, but instead I receive one regular cable box, and one DVR. Since the DVR has a built in QAM tuner, it automatically picks up all the HD channels without the HD package. The regular box however does not pick up HD. This could be an alternative if you only have 1 HDTV. Also, if your TV has a built in QAM tuner, then you will not need to order the HD package to view HD.
5. I know one DVR cost me $11.95. I never asked about a second.
Also if you go with Comcast, make sure you find the special rebate offers throughout different internet sites. Usually you can get a rebate if you have Comcast activated for at least 2 months.