Originally posted by TallGuyLast I heard, the Adelphia boxes from Motorola didn't support Firewire. (Although they may be on the newer boxes but are not activated or something...) If anyone using Adelphia HD finds out [down the road] that there's a cable box out there with Firewire enabled, that would interest me because of having a Mitsubishi RPTV with Firewire in but no DVI in
Thanks for the reply. Here's my experience with Adelphia so far.
1. Poor, really poor knowledge and training of the technician. I had to tell him how to hook it up. After 5 telecons to Adelphia and CBS as to why I wasn't getting a HD picture, I finally happened upon this forum to discover that there was a set up menu for the 5100 that allowed you to set the output (MIT required 1080i). Problem solved.
2. CBS--all primetime looks very good, film like. However, sports are superb! Watchedthe AFC playoff games and was really amazed--wife said the players looked like Playstation 2 charactors they looked so different. ONly complaint is that during the KC game all the red in the stadium and in the uniforms really maxed out the 5100 processor (too much red push?)
3. PBS. Adelphia says the are up and running but they don't show up on in my DTV channels--don't know the story here.
4. NBC. Not available but Adelphia says by 1 Feb. Doesn't make sense if they haven't even got a permit for an antenna--maybe the will simulcast the network feed to cable before the can do OTA?
5. I split the cable before the STB to make use of the tuner in the MIT, results in better analog performance. Downside is it often causes a hard lock up of the TV when I switch between ANT and DTV inputs. I remember reading about this somehwere here but can't find the posts now that its happening to me. Any ideas?
6. DVI and Firewire. I have firmware version 5.02 believe you have to have 6.XX to make it work. Don't know status on this but expect its far away.
7. DOn't subscribe to any Premium so cant comment on their HD peformance.