Speaking of Attenna's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2002, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I live west of Chicago about twenty miles. I have absolute no problem picking up my HD pictures on any of my channels except one. Which is CBS Chicago broadcast on channel 3 and it is the only channel that is not UHF. My picture keeps breaking up and pixellizing. I have a brand new Radio Shack antenna combination UHF/VHF and only about 40 feet of lead-in RG6 coax and the antenna is about 25 feet off the ground with no obstructions. I can almost see downtown Chicago on a clear night. I have a Mitsubishi HD 500 receiver. And like I said earlier the only problem I have is the signal from CBS on channel 3. Any suggestions as to what I can do to solve this problem. It is driving me crazy. There is plenty of good shows on CBS that I would like to watch but the picture break up is very frustrating. I am willing to spend a few extra bucks on a good VHF antenna, does anybody have any suggestions that might solve my problem.

Denny M:rolleyes: :( ;)

DENNY M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-17-2002, 07:01 PM
jhe
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Noticed at http://www.100000watts.com

Channel 3 is listed at 2.5 KW. They also show an application for more power.

Maybe that will help you?

Try calling them to see what range they expect to cover now, and in your direction, and when they will get the boosted power.

Other than that, you need to check your antenna gain at channel 3 from it's specs, then get something with 3-6 db more gain if you think signal level is your problem.

I'd look at a big all channel Delhi myself, or maybe a cut yagi with 10 elements for just channel 3, but I don't know what you have now so these might not be that much better.

The station should be able to advise you. There aren't many low vhf DTV stations around.
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page