Thank you. - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-18-2002, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm posting this in the local forum because my other posts are here and this should have been my first topic. I suppose it's not likely I was the millionth poster but maybe within a few hundred.

Thank you all so much. I've been lurking over a year and have been sitting in back of the classroom with my ears open and my mouth shut. Good or bad, that has been my beginning learning mode since I was a kid and that is a pretty old habit. Your knowledge and willingness to share it has made HDTV such a pleasant experience for me that I don't feel bad about going through 5 DST-3000s in the last year in order to get 2 that work.

Special thanks to the Chicago area people who kept me up on local issues.

As a former U of I computer geek who was privileged to be among the early users of Mozaic I was happy to give up Archie and Veronica to use a "real" web browser a while back. May I say that this group has more substance and less flame than any place I've visited over the years. I've spent a good deal of time steering people here from alt.tv.tech.hdtv and figure it's time to see if I've learned enough to contribute.

Either that or I'm like the 12 year old kid who never talked until one evening at dinner when he said "This food tastes like sh**." It seems that until then, everything had been alright. :)

Pat

While I may link to and mention products as examples, I don't recommend specific products.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-23-2002, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Isn't this a great place? The signal to noise ratio is outstanding, and I learn something new almost every day. I also spend a lot more money than I did before. :)

(Archie? Wow, that brings back memories. I remember settings up our university's first Gopher server, only to let it eventually fester and die as the web took over.)

Sean Kelly / Independent Consultant
http://www.seankelly.tv/
post #3 of 3 Old 05-23-2002, 05:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thank you and we look forward to your contributions.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page