Washington DC WRC-DT sound sync problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-19-2002, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The delay in sound when watching this channel makes it almost unwatchable. Does anyone else have this problem or is it a function of my system (HTPC with a HiPix HDTV card) and how I am decoding the audio (with digital pass from the HiPix to Pioneer receiver where it is decoded)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-19-2002, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmm, I haven't noticed this problem lately, to tell you the truth. I happen to have about seven hours of accessDTV recordings to watch from the last few weeks of Law & Order, West Wing and Law & Order SVU... if you have anything specific for any of those three shows I'll keep my eyes (and ears) peeled...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-20-2002, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

maybe its just the SDTV transmissions - don't know I will check tonight on the HDTV - but it is awful for SDTV - just checked on whatever was on right now (daytime Rosie whatever) sounds the same as all other times with a hugh delay on the sound

Even if its just for SDTV its a problem as I would prefer the enhanced audio if it were watchable

Update - it is definitely relatted to the upconverting process as I noticed today that Fear Factor in HDTV is perfectly synched.

Seems strange that I am forced to watch the Baltimore station for lip sync while people in the Batimore area are tuning to DC for the picture quality of WRC
post #4 of 6 Old 05-20-2002, 05:41 PM

According to the engineer at WBAL-TV in Baltimore, the lip sync problem is NBC's, not the local station's. The poor sync comes that way over the network feed.

I found it interesting that watching the Preakness, the DTV sync was good, but when they had a P-in-P of the STV material, the sync within that STV box was off by a huge amount.

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-21-2002, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
According to the engineer at WBAL-TV in Baltimore, the lip sync problem is NBC's, not the local station's. The poor sync
But its the lip sync content on upconverted shows that is off for me - eg normal daytime shows and non-HDTV; and I don't see the problem on the Baltimore NBC affiliate; just the WDC broadcasts
post #6 of 6 Old 05-21-2002, 06:25 AM

I can't comment. WBAL-DT in Baltimore is unwatchable for STV because they stretch the picture to fit. Yuch! But there are no sound sync problems that I've noticed on the upconverted STV material. And I can't receive the DC stations with my fixed attic antenna, pointed at TV Hill.

Matt

Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page