Parker City, IN - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-01-2012, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Parker City is located 7 miles east of Muncie, IN.

I am 68 miles from the capitol of Indianapolis, IN.

69 miles to Fort Wayne In

79 miles to Dayton OH

I am for the most part a novice when it comes to anything having to do with antennas. I am ready to shake comcast and just have some local channels for sports/news and supplement with netflix.

With only the old fashioned rabbit ears I can pick up PBS out of muncie on my hdtv. Granted I get it on two different channels...its not really something I want to sit down and watch all the time.

I went shopping for an antenna and sort of became overwhelmed by the vhf uhf? Then boxes saying ranges of 50+ miles...well how far is the +?

I will most likely buy online because you can almost always find a better deal online than in the store but I would just like to have some idea of what to buy.

I know I want to go with outdoor and for my location I obviously need one with a range of at the least 70 miles.

This is what I was looking at

http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direct-DB8-Multi-Directional-Antenna/dp/B000EHWCDW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343846370&sr=8-3&keywords=70+mile+antenna

I am a prime member so I would get it for the 70.00.

I also know there are amplifiers I can hook up.

I guess really I'm looking for recommendations. Id like to keep my spending in the ball park of no more than 100.00 and be able to get a decent lineup of local channels even when its storming and nasty outside.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page