Ahh....now I have HD in Houston. Question though - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-23-2002, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello fellow HDTV TW subscribers! I am a convert just today to TWC from DirectTV, only because of the cost effective offer until prices of STB come down. I like it very much though and may stay with it if it proves reliable and stay cost efective. Watched ch. 8 (308,PBS) and was in awe and could not leave my couch. I had to like many help the young novice install guy who had only general knowledge. He (nice guy) admitted poor training and I helped make sense of all the wire. Poor component cables or not, it still looks good. Tell me, why does it take soooo freakin long for the channel to change? Should I call service? Also, lastly, With no manual for the HD box, how do you get audio from it to your preamp (digital)? What about analog? I'm getting reg cable audio but not a sound from the HD box. I see various connectors both analog and SPIDF. What to do? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-23-2002, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The time for the HD display is because the menu and info boxes are generated is standard def. and can't be displayed by the HD box UNLESS you hook a s-video or composite cable between the cable box out and the hd box corresponding input. The transition can be speeded up by pressing exit OR better yet SELECT after the channel number has been changed.
This should shorten the wait from about 8 seconds to about 3.

You definately want to get a hold of the manual for the HD box as well as the Digital Cable box. The digital audio out of the HD box will work into a DD capable A/V Receiver but only on the HD channels. That's the only time it's contained in the data stream from the cable box to the HD box. Again, hook up the SPDIF (sp?) from cable box to HD box and this will add all digitals. Unfortunately, you will have to switch the audio receiver to an analog input to hear the channels below 99. They are not in the digital stream at all.

Enjoy
TerryB
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page