Cisco 8642HDC with Trio. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 09-02-2012, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Anybody familiar with the Cisco 8642HDC running Cox's Trio? If so, have you found a way to advance the guide by a factor of days? For example, being at 10pm on Sunday, September 2 and going directly to 10pm on Wednesday, September 5? With the old SA 8240/8300 running Passport it would involve a simple "3", >. Is something like this possible with Trio?
domino92024 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is wrong with using the "B" button for CHANGE GUIDE DATE?
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

What is wrong with using the "B" button for CHANGE GUIDE DATE?

CONGRATULATIONS! You've answered a 6-month old question. Too bad that the thread died soon after it started. It's STILL a lot of keystrokes to jump ahead by exactly a day or two. It IS handy, however, to get the guide centered on the 8pm-11pm Primetime. Thanks for playing, anyways.
domino92024 is online now  
post #4 of 17 Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

CONGRATULATIONS! You've answered a 6-month old question. Too bad that the thread died soon after it started. It's STILL a lot of keystrokes to jump ahead by exactly a day or two. It IS handy, however, to get the guide centered on the 8pm-11pm Primetime. Thanks for playing, anyways.

...or the 7pm-10pm Primetime span, as it is with the other half of the nation.

I can think of a lot of other things that are much more complicated to get into with Trio vs. Passport, like turning on and off closed captions. It is like three or four extra steps.

Anyway, I did answer your question as you did not specify you knew anything about the "B" method. So I'm sure your response is not sarcastic; I know there are some asses that are like that on forums though.
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

CONGRATULATIONS! You've answered a 6-month old question. Too bad that the thread died soon after it started. It's STILL a lot of keystrokes to jump ahead by exactly a day or two. It IS handy, however, to get the guide centered on the 8pm-11pm Primetime. Thanks for playing, anyways.

...or the 7pm-10pm Primetime span, as it is with the other half of the nation.

Half the nation has a 7pm-10pm Primetime?
Quote:
I can think of a lot of other things that are much more complicated to get into with Trio vs. Passport, like turning on and off closed captions. It is like three or four extra steps.

The CC button on the remote will be activated by a future - hopefully the next - firmware upgrade. Then, maybe, PIP.
domino92024 is online now  
post #6 of 17 Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Half the nation has a 7pm-10pm Primetime?

Yep, two out of four time zones. You're just now learning that? I thought you were the big cheese around here.
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Half the nation has a 7pm-10pm Primetime?

Yep, two out of four time zones. You're just now learning that? I thought you were the big cheese around here.

Population-wise, that's FAR less than half of the country. Probably less than 1/3.
domino92024 is online now  
post #8 of 17 Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seriously? You wanted a population count? Two out of four time zones, about half the area, has 7-10 PM Primetime. I'm not all that interested in getting that analytical on the subject. Thanks smile.gif
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Seriously? You wanted a population count? Two out of four time zones, about half the area, has 7-10 PM Primetime. I'm not all that interested in getting that analytical on the subject. Thanks smile.gif

People, not time zones, watch TV. Your insistence that "half of the nation" uses a 7pm-10pm Primetime is ludicrous. I'd say that 75%-80% use 8pm-11pm.
domino92024 is online now  
post #10 of 17 Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WTF, are you kidding?!? eek.gif You think that the middle half of the entire nation (including states like Texas and Illinois w/Chicago) plus Hawaii and Alaska is only 20-25%?! What a snobbish attitude (and dead wrong too).
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

WTF, are you kidding?!? eek.gif You think that the middle half of the entire nation (including states like Texas and Illinois w/Chicago) plus Hawaii and Alaska is only 20-25%?! What a snobbish attitude (and dead wrong too).

I suggest you do a little research before making such grandiose statements. As of 2008, 2/3 of the population was in the east/west. 1/3 of the population was in the central/mountain. You do realize that only about 5% of the US population resides in the Mountain Time Zone, don't you?

So my 25% estimation of the central/mountain was a little low. It was much closer than your "half" statement.
domino92024 is online now  
post #12 of 17 Old 02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just the sheer fact that you felt the need to somehow make the part of the nation you live in feel more special or important in a topic that was about distribution of time zones speaks for itself (and the reputation I've seen from reading other's posts here). I'm gonna say half: 4 out of 6 time zones and a majority of the area. If you want to split hairs and show how well-versed you are in the facts, then I can factually say the majority of the area and of the time zones is 7-10PM.

And I originally grew up back East and also have a place in California, so it isn't about trying to "promote my area" and disregard the rest, as you felt the need to do. It was to correct your original statement that implied the Primetime slot was merely 8-11PM with no regard for half the states. But at least I see how you get your reputation on here and got everyone to dislike you; at least you're consistent, LOL. Thank you for playing -- you definitely take the cake in that respect! smile.gif
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Just the sheer fact that you felt the need to somehow make the part of the nation you live in feel more special or important in a topic that was about distribution of time zones speaks for itself (and the reputation I've seen from reading other's posts here). I'm gonna say half: 4 out of 6 time zones and a majority of the area. If you want to split hairs and show how well-versed you are in the facts, then I can factually say the majority of the area and of the time zones is 7-10PM.

But time zones or geographic area don't watch TV - people do. And roughly 2/3 of those people watch in the East or West. Your statement that half of the nation watches Primetime from 7pm-10pm is just plain wrong. Deal with it.
domino92024 is online now  
post #14 of 17 Old 02-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Nope, not wrong. #1 - I didn't specify how I was using the term half (or can you read my mind?). I did not say "half the population" (could've been number of time zones or area, etc.). #2 - Any moron with any ability to understand casual conversation knows that was not said as a scientific analysis of population, but is a very casual figure of speech. But again, it is a fact that more than half the number of time zones and the greatest land area do use the 7-10 PM primetime schedule. And it is also a fact that you neglected to mention any of them. Trying to derail the topic to get off the whole point I mentioned it won't work with me, but nice try.

Bottom line (and most important before your little tangent): A) You are the one who was mistaken in disregarding anyone who doesn't live in one of only two time zones which was my entire point and B) You continue to give reason for people on here not to want to deal with you and your arrogant, self-important attitude. If you want people to think you're a big shot you are going about it the wrong way. Everyone wants to block you and not deal with you. Only one person thinks they're a big shot (and guess who that is).

People can read this (and all your other interaction with people on here) to make up their own mind. So you can come back with any little quip or retort you want. It only proves my point. I on the other hand do not need to dignify your attitude with another response. Good day. cool.gif
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 02-15-2013, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Bottom line (and most important before your little tangent): A) You are the one who was mistaken in disregarding anyone who doesn't live in one of only two time zones which was my entire point

LOL! My original statement "It IS handy, however, to get the guide centered on the 8pm-11pm Primetime" was countered by your insistence that half of the nation uses a 7pm-10pm Primetime. Besides being irrelevant to my point about the centering of the wide guide being an advantage of TRIO, it was inaccurate. Despite the fact that the 7pm-10pm Primetime is used in 2 of the 4 continental time zones, times zones don't watch TV, people do. And only about 1/3 of the people use the 7pm-10pm Primetime.
Quote:
and B) You continue to give reason for people on here not to want to deal with you and your arrogant, self-important attitude. If you want people to think you're a big shot you are going about it the wrong way. Everyone wants to block you and not deal with you. Only one person thinks they're a big shot (and guess who that is).

Ah, falling back on that, are ya? You're just mad that I "outted" you for replying to a 6-month old post. So be it...
domino92024 is online now  
post #16 of 17 Old 02-15-2013, 10:14 PM
Member
 
SWLinPHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ah, looks like Mr. Know-It-All is not replying. Or could it be that IGNORE is working. I'll just assume he's learned his lesson and considered why he seems to have issues with everyone on this forum and learn from them wisely. (I'm joking of course! ...sorry, I needed a laugh tongue.gif ). Oh well -- by now, I'm sure he's used to talking to himself on here.
SWLinPHX is offline  
post #17 of 17 Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Ah, looks like Mr. Know-It-All is not replying. Or could it be that IGNORE is working. I'll just assume he's learned his lesson and considered why he seems to have issues with everyone on this forum and learn from them wisely. (I'm joking of course! ...sorry, I needed a laugh tongue.gif ). Oh well -- by now, I'm sure he's used to talking to himself on here.

How sophomoric. Be sure to contact me after you graduate high school.
domino92024 is online now  
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off