Antennacraft - what's their reputation? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-24-2002, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to add a VHF-only antenna to my UHF-only stack in the near future. Some of my stations are fringe (75 miles), a few are mid-range (35-50) and one is close (20.) I plan on using a CM-7777 preamp, as I couldn't find a high-gain Winegard that has separate inputs for UHF and VHF (I'm open to suggestions, here.)

Looking at Stark Electronic's web site, I see the largest selection of VHF onlys is from Antennacraft, a company I have never heard of. How do they compare to Winegard and Channel Master?

I also would like to keep my boom length at 10' or less, so the ultra biggies and combos are not a good idea.

Also, how hard would it be to connect the two antennas to a single antenna preamp input? Is it really as simple as using a signal splitter in reverse?

Thanks for your wise replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Advanced Member

Scott,

Antennacraft products are comparable to CM and WG.The have their own lines,and OEM for several other antenna companies.

I think stark still stocks the Winegard PR 5030 VHF,which is what I use,and it should work well for your 75mi VHF stations.I think some of them have 85 mi coverage areas.

The CM7777 preamp has seperate inputs for V/U,so you won't need any splitter backwards or a combiner.

A VHF antenna should be mounted below the UHF around 4ft so they won't interfere with one another.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2002, 10:25 PM

Tandy makes Antennacraft. Tandy owns Radioshack. You can do the math.

»ken«
post #4 of 4 Old 05-26-2002, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I use a Antennacraft MUX-59 UHF antenna for OTA HD. compared to the largest Radioshack UHF only antenna the Antennacraft antenna brings in a 10-15% higher signal strength than the RadioShack. And it looks cooler to. The Antenncraft antenna has a better build quality than the Radioshack but not quite as good as the Winegard VHF antenna I have on the roof. I had the largest Radioshack UHF/VHF model that when a crow would perch on it the element bent. The Winegard has not had that problem in a year of use.

Rick

RJW
Closed Thread Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page