WSVN can't solve problems if they don't acknowledge their existence. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-17-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

Because their MPEG-2 Program Number is 3 for 7-1 and 4 for 7-2. I don't have data for WSVN, but let me show you a different example.

http://www.rabbitears.info/screencap.../63154-0_0.htm

That is data for WTVJ. Note how the 6-1 stream is listed as Program 3. Without PSIP, many receivers will show 31-3 for this reason.

The number is arbitrary, though there are reasons for variations. Many stations use Program 3 as their first due to a specific FCC regulation regarding the PIDs (sort of like data addresses) for the various parts of the stream, though there are ways to meet this rule while using Program 1.

I realize that was probably overly confusing. If you really want a good explanation, let me know and I'll try again.

- Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Strat View Post

WSVN-DT's PSIP is fubar once again. That's why your Sammy shows 7-3 and 7-4 with no program info. Mine shows the exact same thing.

Prior to analog death, WSVN broadcast on RF 8, which is why when their PSIP went out back then WSVN-DT displayed 8-1 (or 8-3 on newer Samsung TVs). There was no PSIP info to tell your set you were watching "Channel 7". Now, after the analog death, WSVN's RF is the same as their branded channel, so the main channel number is still 7.

No clue why Samsung TVs show the true RF primary as "-3" rather than "-1" when the PSIP goes out. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about those things has an explanation.

I was changing channels and when I reached channel 7.1 wsvn the 7.1 info display changed and the channel number switched to 7.3 all by itself the same when I changed the channel instead of 7.2 next the display now shows 7.4
Im also not getting any program info other than dtv air

On numerous occasions wsvn has had similar issues the difference being the channel was 8.3 and 8.4 not what Im getting now which is 7.3 and 7.4

This appears to be an ongoing problem with wsvn.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/43823/miami-ft-lauderdale-fl-hdtv/6420#post_16872515

Aforesaid documents ongoing issues with WSVN

Well, WSVN we are not talking about supposition. WSVN can't solve problems if they don't acknowledge their existence. Lesson 2: Today they completely failed to address the problem on their end. Instead of addressing viewers concern WSVN point their finger at the viewing public using ota....

Stanley
305-751-6692
Engineering 305-795-2675
Master Control 305-795-2777
Charles 305-795-2695

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed. - George Burns
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page