3Likes

post #9481 of 9609 Old 11-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post

KHAS has dropped ThisTV and picked up Cozi on 5-2 (per a post elsewhere)

If you dont know ThisTV switched owners (From Weigel...who owns MeTV) to Tribune on 11/1. Tribune scrambled the source feed so some smaller affiliates have changed their feed to MeTV, Movies! (both owned by Weigel) or CoziTV (those 3 are all in the clear on big dish)

Surprised they didn't go Antenna TV instead
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9482 of 9609 Old 11-03-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
This TV is now co-owned with Antenna TV and both are encrypted.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #9483 of 9609 Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post

then the question becomes will Cox carry it? As far as I can see Cox only broadcasts This TV on one channel not two, so which version do Cox customers get?

channel 121 and 130 both have This TV.

I get on 105.3 and 107.4 both versions of This TV at the moment

I assume if Antenna TV or Cozi TV goes in at 15.2 or 42.2 (likely it will air on 121 or 130)

I remember when Cool TV became the Live Well Network, it stayed on channel 125

same with Weather Now when it became MeTV (both were on channel 123
post #9484 of 9609 Old 11-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

This TV is now co-owned with Antenna TV and both are encrypted.

- Trip

thanks for letting us know.

I would bet with what u telling us that Antenna TV is coming to 15.2 or 42.2 real soon

(or maybe Estrella TV could move to 15.2 and Antenna TV goes in at 42.3
post #9485 of 9609 Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULSTORM View Post

Surprised they didn't go Antenna TV instead

considering it is a NBC station, I am am a little bit not surprised though. Cozi TV does business mostly with NBC
post #9486 of 9609 Old 11-05-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

considering it is a NBC station, I am am a little bit not surprised though. Cozi TV does business mostly with NBC

if you go to the Cozi homepage it says a Cozi TV is a national network bringing viewers America's most beloved and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming brought to you by the NBC Owned Television Stations.
post #9487 of 9609 Old 11-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWNelson View Post

According to a post on their Facebook page, KHAS is going HD for local news. They're already showing new HD weather graphics on their webpage and they look pretty sharp. With KNOP also going HD, all stations in the Lincoln and North Platte markets will have HD news (Edit: Is KFXL Nightly in HD? Should be with KHGI going HD but I haven't actually confirmed KFXL Nightly yet).

In addition, I believe KSNK in McCook is HD (via KSNW in Wichita) and KDUH is in HD as well.  Not counting KSTF in Scottsbluff, which is SD but programmed out of Cheyenne, that will leave KETV as the only Nebraska news operation not broadcasting in HD unless something has changed since I last saw their signal in August. Surprising. Never thought that small stations in central and western Nebraska would have HD newscasts ahead of the most-watched station (or second-most-watched) in Omaha.

KSTF in Scottsbluff (along with KGWN/NoCo5) has been sold to Gray Television and will be upgraded to HD. If KETV doesn't get in gear soon with the HD news, they may really be the last in the state to go HD.

post #9488 of 9609 Old 11-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got to say I haven't watched the any local news TV in years, it seems to me like it's for people that don't have internet access. If you set up 'My MSN' or one of the others you can have all the news stories right on the front page of your web browser just after it happens.
post #9489 of 9609 Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 PM

KHAS News in HD premiered today at 5 P.M. I caught a bit of and it looked pretty good. Don't have a screen capture though.

Some of the comments from the facebook page:

It's to blue, when y'all close up on their faces their skin looks like its purple. otherwise nice looking

It's great but I agree all the blue screens are too much

Love the HD upgrade - glad to see it!! A minor note, the white balance does need some adjustment on the anchor set (skin tones are a bit blue/green). Great to see the modernization; very cool, thanks!

I think it looks GREAT!! Awesome work

Looks good. now when will big bang be in hd?

I love the set and the NEW INTRO! CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU.

Set looked great. New crew looked even better. Nice upgrade!

It looks good but it is SO BLUE on our TV It hurt my eyes.

DirecTV since 9/94
post #9490 of 9609 Old 11-11-2013, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20

I was back in Omaha over the weekend and caught the local newscasts. KPTM sure looks nice. Are they back in their studios on Farnam or still being produced by the station in Fresno, CA?  KMTV made upgrades as well.  KETV - graphics look nice but picture quality is disappointing.

post #9491 of 9609 Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM

How is it that in late 2013, a market like Omaha still has a major channel like ABC broadcasting its local news in non-hd? Its looks horrible compared to its competitors and is skipped over immediately.
post #9492 of 9609 Old 11-17-2013, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post

How is it that in late 2013, a market like Omaha still has a major channel like ABC broadcasting its local news in non-hd? Its looks horrible compared to its competitors and is skipped over immediately.

There is a huge infrastructure structure change with an HD upgrade. I am guessing they will go HD when they move into their new building.
post #9493 of 9609 Old 11-20-2013, 09:13 PM

Big change in the Lincoln/Kearney/GI market. Gray (KOLN) is buying all of the Hoak stations except KHAS, and will operate KHAS for Excalibur broadcasting (a partner of theirs). Sort of makes my original idea earlier about KLKN make even more sense in my mind...could be interesting how this all shakes out.

http://www.northpine.com/
NEBRASKA/NORTH DAKOTA/SOUTH DAKOTA:
Gray TV will have a virtual triopoly in the Lincoln-Tri Cities market and a virtual duopoly in the Bismarck-Minot market under deals announced Wednesday. Gray will buy all but one of Hoak Media's stations while Gray shared services partner Excalibur Broadcasting will buy Parker Broadcasting's stations and the remaining Hoak station for a combined $335 million. Separately, Excalibur will buy Prime Cities Broadcasting's stations in the Bismarck-Minot market for $7.5 million. Here's how the TV landscape would look if the deals get regulatory approval:

Lincoln-Tri Cities: Gray already owns CBS affiliate KOLN/10.1 (Lincoln) and satellite KGIN/11.1 (Grand Island) and recently purchased My Network TV affiliate KSNB-TV/4.1 (Superior) through failing station waiver. NBC affiliate KHAS-TV/5.1 (Hastings) would be sold to Excalibur and operated by Gray. KOLN/KGIN and KHAS currently have separate news departments.

North Platte: NBC affiliate KNOP/2.1 and low-power FOX affiliate K11TW, which is rebroadcast on a KNOP subchannel, would be sold to Gray. Gray already owns low-power CBS affiliate KNPL-LD/11.1, which recently converted from a translator to a locally-identified station with local newscasts competing with KNOP. The low-power stations don't count towards ownership caps.

Sioux Falls: Gray would buy ABC affiliate KSFY/13.1 (Sioux Falls) and satellites KABY/9.1 (Aberdeen) and KPRY/4.1 (Pierre). KSFY carries CW+ on a subchannel.

Fargo: Gray would buy NBC affiliate KVLY-TV/11.1 (Fargo), while CBS affiliate KXJB/4.1 (Valley City-Fargo) would be sold to Excalibur and operated by Gray. The two stations are already jointly operated.

Bismarck-Minot: Gray would buy NBC affiliates KFYR-TV/5.1 (Bismarck), KMOT/10.1 (Minot), KQCD/7.1 (Dickinson), and KUMV/8.1 (Williston). FOX affiliates KNDX/26.1 (Bismarck) and KXND/24.1 (Minot) would be sold to Excalibur and operated by Gray. KNDX/KXND does not have a news department. (11/20/2013)
post #9494 of 9609 Old 11-21-2013, 11:19 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfi on the fly View Post

Specifically, KETV is refurbishing the old Burlington Station in downtown Omaha for their new studios.

But KETV's lead in ratings proves that most people aren't skipping over channel 7 for their competition.
post #9495 of 9609 Old 11-21-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

What is your idea about KLKN or any other rumors?

I searched the thread and could not find it.

"Sort of makes my original idea earlier about KLKN make even more sense in my mind"
post #9496 of 9609 Old 11-22-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opusnbill7 View Post

On a related note, I wonder if Citadel might consider making a play for KFXL/KTVG now? KOLN has already "broken" the duopoly issue with the FCC in the Lincoln market, so it could be a quick way to build a statewide network for not a lot of money... Just my $0.02...

Citadel owns KLKN. Sorry...thought I said KLKN in the statement. Now with KOLN owning or operating essentially everything in Lincoln/GI/Hasting market except the NTV stations, it seems like it would be a good play... They're also flush with cash after the sale of most of their other properties.
post #9497 of 9609 Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Did KETV loose MeTV? just showing channel 7.1 on 7.2.
post #9498 of 9609 Old 12-07-2013, 08:43 PM

Seems to be on now...at least different programming that is.
post #9499 of 9609 Old 12-08-2013, 11:35 AM

is meTV airing again on 7.2 today cause I saw MeTV on last night

I highly doubt unless KXVO is picking up meTV on 15.2 that KETV would change it's subchannel
post #9500 of 9609 Old 12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

looks like MeTV is no longer a clear QAM channel used to be able to watch it on 108 via a tivo without cable card.
post #9501 of 9609 Old 12-13-2013, 07:29 PM

Does anyone have the Centurylink gigabit Internet service? It's finally available at my house. A centurylink sales guy was going door to door in my neighborhood and I signed up for Prism TV and 1 gigabit Internet. The guy said that there was no data cap. I stopped by the local store this summer when it opened and they said there were no caps. Today the guys at the store said that there was a 250gb cap. This was confirmed by two centurylink Web chats and a phone call. I'm hoping that all of the people telling me that there is a cap are not familiar or trained on the pilot program here in Omaha and are just telling me info that is connected to their other offerings
post #9502 of 9609 Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Are you hooked into Prism now and how does it look? I'm on direct tv and may make the switch. Thank's.
post #9503 of 9609 Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobvbc View Post

Are you hooked into Prism now and how does it look? I'm on direct tv and may make the switch. Thank's.

It's official, there is a 250GB cap. My install date was set for next Monday (23rd). I'm on the phone right now (on hold) to cancel. The cap is 1 reason and the other reason is the streaming limit. You can watch or record up to 4 live tv streams at a time. If say 3 shows are recording the entire house is limited to one live stream. In that case if I was watching the 4th live stream in the family room, noone in the house (on the other 2 TVs) could watch live TV (they could watch recorded programs). I heard they may be switching to 8 streams in the future. Until then it would be a downgrade in TV service for me. I will be keeping an eye out for that change.

On the other hand, my neighbor has had it for a week now. He was having buffering issues with Cox's 40mbit service and doesn't have it now with Prism . He is quite happy. I had the same issue with Cox but I negotiated a deal to get their 150mbit service for the same price as 40 (for a year without a contract). It appears to have fixed my problem.
post #9504 of 9609 Old 12-20-2013, 07:06 AM

Thank's J for that info, maybe I'll wait till spring and see if they come w/ more promo's.
post #9505 of 9609 Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

%Centrury Link Prism Design Flaw%

Thank you for the info. Only being able to watch or record 4 streams at once is not good. I Hope they upgrade to 8 soon.
Think about how many TVs you have and when you are recording. It just wont work for some.

1-With DirecTVs Genie you can do 5 shows at once.

2-With Dish Networks Hopper you can do 6 Shows at once if 4 are are the Big 4 (NBC CBS, ABC, FOX). 7 at once if you buy the $30 over the air USB tuner.
12 Tuners if you buy Two Hoppers or 14 with the USB add on.

3-With Cable, seems unlimited, just rent more boxes.
post #9506 of 9609 Old 12-31-2013, 09:16 PM

KLKN is finally back on DirecTV. About damn time.
post #9507 of 9609 Old 01-01-2014, 12:00 PM

I've not posted here for some time and I've read the last dozen or so pages looking for information on KSNB and why the same programming is carried on 4.1 and 4.2. So far no answers although RabbitEars hints they should be different. Anyone have the scoop or is that the known arrangement?

I had hoped that KSNB would become a Fox affiliate again primarily for Sunday NFL games, but with the new tower at York (I was unaware of that fact until reading this thread), there would probably be too much overlap with existing Fox affiliates. Sigh. Being here in this northern tier of Kansas counties but in the Lincoln DMA, it's frustrating to have no OTA of Fox or NBC.

aka N0NB
post #9508 of 9609 Old 01-01-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_KS View Post

I've not posted here for some time and I've read the last dozen or so pages looking for information on KSNB and why the same programming is carried on 4.1 and 4.2. So far no answers although RabbitEars hints they should be different. Anyone have the scoop or is that the known arrangement?

I had hoped that KSNB would become a Fox affiliate again primarily for Sunday NFL games, but with the new tower at York (I was unaware of that fact until reading this thread), there would probably be too much overlap with existing Fox affiliates. Sigh. Being here in this northern tier of Kansas counties but in the Lincoln DMA, it's frustrating to have no OTA of Fox or NBC.

Yeah, with KSNB being owned by KOLN and NTV still owning the Fox affiliate (KFXL), there's no way Fox is happening. NBC might be possible in the future, since Gray has pretty close ties with KHAS (Gray operates the station but does not own it). I'm not sure we've seen the last of the rearrangements of channels in the Lincoln/Hastings/GI DMA.

I'm still interested to see what will happen with NTV. I still hope Citadel (KLKN) buys them to build out a competing statewide network to go up against KOLN. Plus, it would give them a lot more clout during cable/satellite negotiations, since right now the companies can essentially tell KLKN or NTV to pound sand. The reason for that is the two ABC affiliates in the DMA. The cable/satellite companies can just keep the other on the air or overlap the channel during the dispute. Owning all of the ABC affiliates would eliminate that.

Of course, no one cares what I think... smile.gif
post #9509 of 9609 Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juergen99 View Post

It's official, there is a 250GB cap. My install date was set for next Monday (23rd). I'm on the phone right now (on hold) to cancel. The cap is 1 reason and the other reason is the streaming limit. You can watch or record up to 4 live tv streams at a time. If say 3 shows are recording the entire house is limited to one live stream. In that case if I was watching the 4th live stream in the family room, noone in the house (on the other 2 TVs) could watch live TV (they could watch recorded programs). I heard they may be switching to 8 streams in the future. Until then it would be a downgrade in TV service for me. I will be keeping an eye out for that change.

On the other hand, my neighbor has had it for a week now. He was having buffering issues with Cox's 40mbit service and doesn't have it now with Prism . He is quite happy. I had the same issue with Cox but I negotiated a deal to get their 150mbit service for the same price as 40 (for a year without a contract). It appears to have fixed my problem.

Has your neighbor called Cox? They don't have a 40mbit plan. His signal might be bad.
post #9510 of 9609 Old 01-04-2014, 10:54 AM

any word on the 15.2/42.2 repeater siutation still happening

I am hoping for Cozi TV or Antenna TV or Bounce TV to take one of the 2 This TV stations places in Omaha
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page