Omaha / Lincoln, NE - HDTV - Page 322 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #9631 of 9644 Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ScottChez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good thing I switched to Dishnetwork. Looks like this could go on for a long time.

Dish is not in a contract dispute and even if they someday where, they have an Over the Air Turner so I can always get the channel. It is the $30 USB Tuner they sell.

Dish also just added Netflix to the DVR so I dont have to switch inputs. Netflix is just there (account required of course).

I got $50 off Dish coupons if any one needs them. $50 on top of all other deals and discounts. Just Private Message me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke View Post
WOWT just pulled their signal from Cox.
ScottChez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9632 of 9644 Old 01-14-2015, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ajwees41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 2,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anyone on cox loose WGN channel 26 only channel missing all others work. did rescan and nothing.
ajwees41 is offline  
post #9633 of 9644 Old 01-14-2015, 05:47 PM
Member
 
mvcg66b3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Nuke View Post
WOWT just pulled their signal from Cox.
It's back now:

Quote:
Gray TV NBC affiliate WOWT/6 (Omaha) has returned to Cox Cable after a retransmission consent dispute took the station off Cox for about four days. Cox is the major cable provider for Omaha, Council Bluffs, and suburban areas. The dispute also affected Gray stations in Topeka and Wichita.
http://northpine.com/

One person's craziness is another person's reality. - Tim Burton
mvcg66b3r is offline  
post #9634 of 9644 Old 01-15-2015, 10:28 AM
Member
 
Mr.Nuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
anyone on cox loose WGN channel 26 only channel missing all others work. did rescan and nothing.
It got moved sometime in the past few days for whatever reason to 61/1061.
Mr.Nuke is offline  
post #9635 of 9644 Old 01-15-2015, 03:37 PM
Senior Member
 
billiefan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvcg66b3r View Post
Potential Sinclair subchannel shuffle in Omaha:
KPTM: 42.1 FOX (720p HD), 42.2 CW (720p HD), 42.3 MNT/ThisTV (480i SD), 42.4 Grit (480i SD)
KXVO (spun off): 15.1 Azteca, 15.2 Estrella

Telemundo should be on 15.1 instead of Azteca. Or MundoFox

Azteca sucks as a Spanish channel.
billiefan2000 is offline  
post #9636 of 9644 Old 01-16-2015, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ScottChez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The would be bad for the non Cable Customers as Dish an DirecTV will ONLY list local guide data for the Dot .2 sub channels.
With out guide data it is hard to watch or record so if they went with 42.3 ThisTV or 42.4 Grit, no one can watch them, it would just say digital channel in the guide.
Now if they left one of them on say 15.2 then YES there is Guide Data for them.
Cable and Prism do not have this issue with sub channels.
Hope Sinclair Corp is listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvcg66b3r View Post
Potential Sinclair subchannel shuffle in Omaha:
KPTM: 42.1 FOX (720p HD), 42.2 CW (720p HD), 42.3 MNT/ThisTV (480i SD), 42.4 Grit (480i SD)
KXVO (spun off): 15.1 Azteca, 15.2 Estrella
ScottChez is offline  
post #9637 of 9644 Old 01-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
billiefan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am surprised that KXVO or KPTM has a .3 channel

WOWT and KETV wont even add a 2nd subchannel,

though KETV has joked on their morning news a while back about a possibly 7.3 might come down the line


btw: the same company that owns the CBS station in Des Moines just added Heroes/Icons as their .3 channel

wouldn't be surprised if that got added as KETV 7.3 (if a 7.3 happens)

Last edited by billiefan2000; 01-17-2015 at 09:53 AM.
billiefan2000 is offline  
post #9638 of 9644 Old 01-24-2015, 01:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ajwees41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 2,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I am surprised that KXVO or KPTM has a .3 channel

WOWT and KETV wont even add a 2nd subchannel,

though KETV has joked on their morning news a while back about a possibly 7.3 might come down the line


btw: the same company that owns the CBS station in Des Moines just added Heroes/Icons as their .3 channel

wouldn't be surprised if that got added as KETV 7.3 (if a 7.3 happens)
I still think with the tower needing rebuilt and the station move 7.3 might still be a ways off if it happens?
ajwees41 is offline  
post #9639 of 9644 Old 02-01-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ScottChez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wondering, why does the tower need rebuilt. A few years ago it fell down and they got a brand new state of the art all silver tower. Did they do it wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
I still think with the tower needing rebuilt and the station move 7.3 might still be a ways off if it happens?
ScottChez is offline  
post #9640 of 9644 Old 02-01-2015, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ajwees41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 2,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottChez View Post
Just wondering, why does the tower need rebuilt. A few years ago it fell down and they got a brand new state of the art all silver tower. Did they do it wrong?
no I mean they might not have the money in budget since the tower replacement was an emergency replacement don't know if ketv had to pay for the replacement and doesn't have money to add 7.3
ajwees41 is offline  
post #9641 of 9644 Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Member
 
catchmyjetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwees41 View Post
no I mean they might not have the money in budget since the tower replacement was an emergency replacement don't know if ketv had to pay for the replacement and doesn't have money to add 7.3
They also have to be dumping a ton of money into their new studio at the Burlington station. Maybe that is where all the money is going right now.
catchmyjetta is offline  
post #9642 of 9644 Old 02-13-2015, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
 
billiefan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
I see GritTV is live on 15.3 now.


speaking of Grit TV being on 15.3

why hasnt Cox Cable or Prism added it yet?
billiefan2000 is offline  
post #9643 of 9644 Old 02-14-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ajwees41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 2,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
speaking of Grit TV being on 15.3

why hasnt Cox Cable or Prism added it yet?
hopefully they will at next contract renewal/
ajwees41 is offline  
post #9644 of 9644 Unread Today, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
 
billiefan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what is wrong with KOHA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOHA-LD 48.1 's signal in Omaha. It has been off for a few days.
billiefan2000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off