Omaha / Lincoln, NE - HDTV - Page 324 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #9691 of 9696 Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Miller View Post
Chubby, old guy in Omaha, Nebraska

What do you have for an antenna setup to reach Sioux City Stations from Omaha?
I grew up in Sioux City (I know, I'm sorry for me too!) and would like to get their "local" information sometimes. ... or of course watch the Bears instead of the Packers or Vikings. I'm just in the process of trying OTA, does not look like you need much to get the local stations, but I would like to get Sioux City Stations ... Des Moines would be nice too

Unfortunately I'm actually in Papillion, just south of Omaha, so that probably is not going to help me. On the plus side we are on top of a hill, and I can see the woodman building and much of downtown omaha from my roof.

Chubby, old guy in Papillion, Nebraska
To get the Sioux City channels will be really really hard unless the TV bands are open or you would need a system that will work around 100+ miles. Even with a good antenna where I live, it is hard to keep 15 and 42 from Omaha in while it is windy, and I am about 60 miles north of the Omaha and about 35 miles south of Sioux City.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9692 of 9696 Old 05-27-2015, 10:19 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
To get the Sioux City channels will be really really hard unless the TV bands are open or you would need a system that will work around 100+ miles. Even with a good antenna where I live, it is hard to keep 15 and 42 from Omaha in while it is windy, and I am about 60 miles north of the Omaha and about 35 miles south of Sioux City.
You're going to need something like this: http://www.channelmaster.com/Digital..._p/cm-2020.htm
Even then, no guarantees. It might get Sioux City channels one day and not the next, or part of a day and not the next. Sioux City is out of range from your location.

Before the digital conversion, I used to be able to get KPTH/44 on a pretty consistent basis in Omaha, and KCAU/9 came in but barely viewable overnight and in the early morning hours. After 2009 I could only get Sioux City sporadically, usually on warm humid mornings.

All that to say even after you invest in the above antenna and get it installed on your roof, you might still only get Sioux City on occasion.
post #9693 of 9696 Old 05-27-2015, 10:25 AM

Liked: 20
Just got back home (Missouri) from a weekend in Lincoln and Omaha and of course I tested the OTA reception again in both cities. KOLN really needs to do something about OTA reception in Lincoln. Using my portable indoor antenna I had no problems with ABC, NBC or Fox, as well as subchannels including MyTV/MeTV, by way of the channel 18 and 31 repeaters in Lincoln. But no CBS. Gray owns KWAZ-LP 35 - they really need to get that upgraded to digital and then put 10/11 on that signal. I know Lincoln is a strong cable market and KOLN comes in fine with a good VHF antenna. But if they could put CBS on 35 digital, it would be a nice perk.
post #9694 of 9696 Old 05-27-2015, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelWNelson View Post
You're going to need something like this: ...
Even then, no guarantees. It might get Sioux City channels one day and not the next, or part of a day and not the next. Sioux City is out of range from your location.

Before the digital conversion, I used to be able to get KPTH/44 on a pretty consistent basis in Omaha, and KCAU/9 came in but barely viewable overnight and in the early morning hours. After 2009 I could only get Sioux City sporadically, usually on warm humid mornings.

All that to say even after you invest in the above antenna and get it installed on your roof, you might still only get Sioux City on occasion.
Disappointing ... but Thank You advcomp2019 and JoelWNelson for your replies.
post #9695 of 9696 Old 05-30-2015, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is CenturyLink in Omaha all digital like Cox is doing? I just want Internet and clear QAM.
post #9696 of 9696 Old Today, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfunk44 View Post
Is CenturyLink in Omaha all digital like Cox is doing? I just want Internet and clear QAM.

century link is not cable it is internet based they already digital box is needed on each tv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page