Omaha / Lincoln, NE - HDTV - Page 330 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes
post #9871 of 9873 Unread 01-26-2017, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Oppliger View Post
So I solved my own problem, and the solution is pretty bizarre. I unhooked the preamplifier from our antenna and everything started tuning again just fine. Usually we need the preamp to get 15 with a reliably strong signal, and it's helped with some of the other stations that have weaker reception - mainly the Lincoln channels. As soon as I disconnected the preamp from the antenna everything started tuning just fine again. I imagine I'll need to hook it back up once the snow melts, but I'm astounded that the weather could have this much of an effect on our signal.
Sounds like your preamp went bad. I would test it behind the tv before putting it back up on the antenna. I guess it could also be the power supply that feeds the preamp also, anyway I would test everything out before going to the work to put it back on the antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9873 Unread 01-26-2017, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko76 View Post
Looks like NE PBS is adding a 4th sub-channel dedicated to PBS Kids 24/7. As a father of 2 young kids, this is awesome news. The channels are up, but are dark currently.
PBSKids launched January 16th but some affiliates did not get on board at launch due to technical issues.
post #9873 of 9873 Unread 01-26-2017, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
PBSKids launched January 16th but some affiliates did not get on board at launch due to technical issues.

It is now showing promos stating official launch is March 1st.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception