Puyallup--Please help me divorce Comcast - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. Well I read all about streaming and also using an indoor antenna to get local channels. I bought one and successfully hooked it up. I'm getting all kinds of religious channels, etc. but can't for the life of me get Kiro, Komo, or King which is what I want!

Can anyone help a technically challenged, old retired lady figure this out? I have a RCA basic indoor antenna. Do I need to buy something more sophisticated?

I read about changing the cable but this antenna is so basic you can't change the cable. I will occasionally get channel 13 but all the rest are in the 20's.
Help please. I really want to cancel comcast but don't dare try until i figure this out.
Thanks
Lois
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Can someone tell me if I posted this in the wrong forum? No replies yet. I'm still trying to receive channels but can only receive religious stations. I think the tower here in Tacoma is blocking all Seattle channels. Help please?
post #3 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 AM

Liked: 14
Use the app at the link below to find out what the chances are and which way to point the antenna. There's also some basic antenna info at the link that could be useful. I think it's unlikely you'll pick up all the stations from Tacoma in the same direction with an indoor table top antenna but at least you can test it using the best directional info possible and maybe you'll get lucky. More likely to work if you're up on N. or S. Hill but highly unlikely if you're right down in the valley. The hills will be blocking Tacoma stations. You'd need an exterior roof mount or, at a minimum an amp on the antenna. You could also try posting in the Seattle OTA thread in this forum. I used to live there ages ago so I'm familiar with the topography smile.gif

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx
post #4 of 4 Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM

Liked: 12
You can get a better idea with tvfool.com. Antennaweb.org sometimes gives the wrong info to people. I live in an area that antennaweb says that I need largest antenna for some of the channels while you can use a smaller antenna.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page