Wrong program start and end times from Panasonic TV ota Houston TX - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Panasonic tc-p42x5 television that is connected to an antenna. When I press the info button, it is supposed to tell me the start time and end time for the program that is showing. The times that it displays are consistently off by one hour in the future on all channels and all programs. I reported this problem to Panasonic customer support 5 times in the 6 months that I have owned the TV starting about a week after I got it. At the first level of support, they would tell me that they would look into it and call me back. They didn't call back until recently, when a second level support person called back. She said there is nothing wrong with the TV, but the TV stations are sending the wrong information. I reminded her that I had told them that my other TV is connected to the same antenna and it gives me the correct start and end times. She insisted that theTV could not be the source of the problem and I asked to speak to the next level of support. I am waiting for their call. The other TV is an analog TV connected to a DTVPal converter. I have also used a Tivax converter and it gave me the correct times. I have a good outside antenna and the signal strength is about 85% to 100% on all channels. Has anybody else had this problem with their TV in the Houston area? Has anybody else had this kind of problem with Panasonic customer support?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfeet View Post

I have a Panasonic tc-p42x5 television that is connected to an antenna. When I press the info button, it is supposed to tell me the start time and end time for the program that is showing. The times that it displays are consistently off by one hour in the future on all channels and all programs. I reported this problem to Panasonic customer support 5 times in the 6 months that I have owned the TV starting about a week after I got it. At the first level of support, they would tell me that they would look into it and call me back. They didn't call back until recently, when a second level support person called back. She said there is nothing wrong with the TV, but the TV stations are sending the wrong information. I reminded her that I had told them that my other TV is connected to the same antenna and it gives me the correct start and end times. She insisted that theTV could not be the source of the problem and I asked to speak to the next level of support. I am waiting for their call. The other TV is an analog TV connected to a DTVPal converter. I have also used a Tivax converter and it gave me the correct times. I have a good outside antenna and the signal strength is about 85% to 100% on all channels. Has anybody else had this problem with their TV in the Houston area? Has anybody else had this kind of problem with Panasonic customer support?
Can you play around with the time zone and daylight savings settings in your TV's menu to find one that fixes this for you?
post #3 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

No, this TV does not display the time of day, and there are no associated settings.
post #4 of 6 Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfeet View Post

No, this TV does not display the time of day, and there are no associated settings.
Too bad, it was just a thought. From experience I learned that when the program grid for every station was off by one hour, the problem was in my equipment, and I tried DAYLIGHT and STANDARD menu settings, then finally fixed it by changing from CENTRAL to EASTERN zone. After that, program grid times for all channels were correct. Puzzling why Panasonic would not include those settings in their tc-p42x5 menu for owner convenience.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Does anybody in the Houston area have a Panasonic tc-p42x5 TV that does show the correct program start and end times?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Does anybody in the Houston area have any Panasonic TV that gives the correct program start and end times?
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page