Greenville, SC - Antenna Reception - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been lurking around here for a bit, theres some very helpful information here! I'm having an issue...(and hopefully this is the correct place to have those). I'm on my third indoor antenna - an RCA flat multidirectional antenna. I can only get three channels - 4, 16, and 40 - if I move it in the right spot, I can get 62 as well but it's rare. I also live on the first floor of an apartment, densely surrounded by trees. Can anyone recommend an indoor antenna that might pick up a few more channels? My zip code is 29607 - any help would be much appreciated, as I am clueless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Those flat panel antennas are optimized for UHF and are overall poor performers. And in this area, 3 major channels are HiVHF, so you will most likely require rabbit ears for 7, 13, and 29(RF9). Probably the best choice for an indoor antenna is the HDTVa from Terk/Audiovox, sold locally at HHG. Check online and see if they will price match. Try with amp turned on or off, but must be plugged in. Another good choice is the Clearstream 2-V, which adds a VHF dipole to a very good UHF antenna. I believe it may be sold at Best Buy, but again cheaper from an online vendor. And it can be used indoors. I live in 29607 area and receive all GSP/AVL channels, as well as Charlotte, with an attic antenna. You may need to add additional RG6 coax cable with a barrel splice to find the best placement for the antenna location where signals are strong. And possibly a dist. amp. But sometimes apartments can be challenging, as signals may be blocked.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page