Lightning Strike - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We were hit by a close lightning strike a week ago. We lost cordless telephiones, a 46" Samsung LCD, computer modem, router, network card, security system sensors, satellite "eye" and a satellite receiver, TV antenna and antenna boooster. The Samsung so far is the largest loss. It sits there and clicks. I had the capacitors replaced but no improvement. Checking on the cost of a "main" board vs buying a new flat screen.

The Wingard 7298 antenna had the connectors blow open. I reattached but the signal is very weak and cannot be split without going to weak/no signal. I have ordered a CM 777 but it is backordered.

Direct replaced the SD receiver with an HD receiver but disabled the HDMI port so I have to use component to connect to my bedroom plasma. The HD receiver also doesn't have antenna in and TV out connections. I split going to CRT's TV's slaved off the main, they mirror what the main is showing, and had to buy a RF modulator to convert the component outlet to coax. It has been interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2013, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please delete. Posted incorrectly.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page