post #8431 of 9238 Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip in VA View Post

I expect to see Sonlife religion on at least one of their subchannels.

- Trip

And the excitement mounts. Another channel where the hand reaches through the screen and wants to pick my pocket.

Hopefully someone in Vegas will affiliate with the little Hot Network. Some good old programming contained thereon. http://www.hottvchannel.com/

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8432 of 9238 Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's a myth. Christian stations don't spend any more time pitching for money than PBS does. In fact, I'm not sure any Christian stations do the beg-a-thon thing that PBS does, except Almavision. I think even TBN has stopped. TBN's and Daystar's money raising activities are pretty much limited to offering overpriced CDs and DVDs at the end of most shows, again no different than PBS does. So far, I haven't seen any fund raising from SonLife, which was just added to Mako's KTVP in Phoenix a few weeks ago.

Don't expect to see anything out of KBBB any time soon. They've been licensed since May 2006, starting in Kingman AZ, and have never broadcast anything. Although the FCC TV Query shows Telecom Wireless as the owner, the CDBS Application Database shows Gerald Benavides. Telecom Wireless sold the station to Benavides in 2004, but paperwork was never filed to consummate the sale. Now that Benavides has moved the station from Kingman to Vegas, I expect that he'll try to sell it at a substantial profit.

KBBB is one of my prime examples of what I call a "phantom" station.
post #8433 of 9238 Old 10-14-2011, 12:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Speaking of "phantom" stations, or perhaps it might be more fittingly called a phantom transmitter, I worked on my listing for KMCC today. Given that I doubt the 1000 kW facility exists, I suspect this better reflects what's actually on the air: http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...&extras=986655

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #8434 of 9238 Old 10-14-2011, 12:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

KSNV and KTVN (Reno) are now noted as Antenna TV affiliates starting November 1 on the Antenna TV website.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #8435 of 9238 Old 10-14-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Speaking of "phantom" stations, or perhaps it might be more fittingly called a phantom transmitter, I worked on my listing for KMCC today. Given that I doubt the 1000 kW facility exists, I suspect this better reflects what's actually on the air: http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...&extras=986655

- Trip

Your KMCC coverage map is accurate. Funny thing, the tower for the 1000 kW plant exists, and it's new. First it had no lights on it, then they installed these incredibly brilliant white lights on it. Eerie, actually - it lit up everything for miles around. I'm sure the folks in Dolan Springs complained bitterly about it. Now they have the standard red lights on it. I don't know whether or not they got electrical service to the tower; I think that's what was holding up the works, but the FCC licensed it - they seem to be none the wiser. Unless there's a silent STA out there that I don't know about - the FCC doesn't always publish STAs.
post #8436 of 9238 Old 10-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

KSNV and KTVN (Reno) are now noted as Antenna TV affiliates starting November 1 on the Antenna TV website.

- Trip

For KSNV, I had heard that the first of January was the launch date for Antenna TV. November first sounds more interesting. It also cuts loose Universal Sports two months early.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #8437 of 9238 Old 10-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

I've noticed that the Pahrump newscasts have been missing from both KHMP 18.1//KPVT and KHMP 18.2 lately.

post #8438 of 9238 Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Liked: 10
Anyone know how much Prism costs for the regular package (plus any other gotchas)? I combed the CL website for the regular (non-promotional price) and couldn't find it. Even checked the fine print. I just want the basic channels, DVR and 3 remote DVRs, and HD. I don't know if it'll be cheaper than Cox, but I have to compare it to shelling out $1000+ on a TiVo Premiere Elite and 3 TiVo Preview boxes (whenever they show up) plus all the additional monthly fees those will bring.
post #8439 of 9238 Old 10-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

It seems that analog K43FO's digital conversion message overlaid on a color bar pattern is missing as of last night. Still no digital signal from that 3ABN broadcaster.

post #8440 of 9238 Old 10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

- Trip

In a Facebook post, Antenna TV states the launch date of their service on KSNV is stll slated for the first of January.

KSNV also confirms that they are obligated to stick with Universal Sports until the first of January when the station will switch to Antenna TV.

post #8441 of 9238 Old 10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

K43FO

The 3ABN translator in Las Vegas, K43FO, lit up there digital equipment this weekend. Operating both rf and virtual on channel 43, the station is currently running three A/V program streams of religion. Missing are the normal two 3ABN audio streams.

Three audio streams appeared Sunday evening. I'm told that one audio stream be be temporary, as it isn't carried on most 3ABN O&O stations.

post #8442 of 9238 Old 10-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

If anyone is counting, as am I, Las Vegas now has 51 channels or sub-channels operating over-the-air in the valley. And there's more to come. But that 51 seems appropriate as our baseball franchise is known as the 51's for Area 51.

post #8443 of 9238 Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 AM

New Scan adds:
these reported by rabbitears.info
43-1 43.1 480i DD3.0 K43FOen 3ABN
43-2 43.2 480i DD2.0 3ABN-Pr 3ABN Proclaim
43-3 43.3 480i DD2.0 3ABN-Es 3ABN Latino
43-4 43.4 DD2.0 3ABN-Rd 3ABN Radio
43-5 43.5 DD2.0 Radio74 Radio 74
I have confirmed:
43-1 K43F0-D
43-2 3ABN-PR (proclaim!)
43-3 3ABN-PR (latino)
43-4 3ABN-RD (audio)
43-5 Radio74 (no content)
43-6 3ABN-RL (no content)
also found
50-3 KLSV-RV (info commercial)

Has anyone put a high antenna an attempted a scan

South for these Phoenix translators?
3 12 K12OF BULLHEAD CITY AZ KTVK IND Belo
3 16 K16EV BULLHEAD CITY, ETC. AZ KTVK IND Belo
5 21 K21FU TOPOCK, ETC. AZ KPHO CBS Meridith
5 5 K11LX BULLHEAD CITY AZ KPHO CBS Meridith
6 19 KMOH-TV KINGMAN AZ MTV TR3S/KEJR Hero
7 24 K24DK-D BULLHEAD CITY AZ KAZT IND Londen Group
8 3 K02HR BULLHEAD CITY AZ KAET PBS
8 42 K42EU TOPOCK, ETC. AZ KAET PBS
10 17 K17BN NEEDLES, ETC. CA KSAZ FOX Fox
10 7 K07YJ BULLHEAD CITY AZ KSAZ FOX Fox
12 8 K09KG BULLHEAD CITY AZ KPNX NBC Gannett
12 30 K30BQ NEEDLES CA KPNX NBC Gannett
15 4 K04GT BULLHEAD CITY AZ KNXV ABC Scripps-Howard
15 31 K31HY NEEDLES, ETC. CA KNXV ABC Scripps-Howard

North for these Salt Lake translators?
4 38 K38NQ-D OVERTON NV KTVX ABC Newport
5 20 K20JV-D OVERTON NV KSL NBC Bonneville
5 30 K30MH-D OVERTON NV KSL NBC Bonneville
11 38 K38LA-D OVERTON, ETC. NV KBYU PBS BYU
post #8444 of 9238 Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post

Has anyone put a high antenna an attempted a scan

South for these Phoenix translators?
3 12 K12OF BULLHEAD CITY AZ KTVK IND Belo
5 5 K11LX BULLHEAD CITY AZ KPHO CBS Meridith
8 3 K02HR BULLHEAD CITY AZ KAET PBS
10 7 K07YJ BULLHEAD CITY AZ KSAZ FOX Fox
12 8 K09KG BULLHEAD CITY AZ KPNX NBC Gannett
15 4 K04GT BULLHEAD CITY AZ KNXV ABC Scripps-Howard

Forget about these translators from Vegas. The transmitters are all located in the Mohave Valley near Davis Dam, more than 1/2 mile below surrounding terrain. They are all owned by the Mohave County government.

Quote:

3 16 K16EV BULLHEAD CITY, ETC. AZ KTVK IND Belo
5 21 K21FU TOPOCK, ETC. AZ KPHO CBS Meridith
6 19 KMOH-TV KINGMAN AZ MTV TR3S/KEJR Hero
7 24 K24DK-D BULLHEAD CITY AZ KAZT IND Londen Group
8 42 K42EU TOPOCK, ETC. AZ KAET PBS
10 17 K17BN NEEDLES, ETC. CA KSAZ FOX Fox
12 30 K30BQ NEEDLES CA KPNX NBC Gannett
15 31 K31HY NEEDLES, ETC. CA KNXV ABC Scripps-Howard

Again, good luck. KMOH is full power, and K24DK is about 2 kW, but the others are flea power, no more than 15 Watts from any station. KMOH is owned by Hero and K24DK by Londen Group, but the rest are also owned by Mohave County, except for K31HY K30BQ, which is owned by Needles Community TV Club, but is operated by Mohave County. However, Mohave County has just applied for significant upgrades of their digital stations, so you might has as much chance with them as you do with K24DK.
post #8445 of 9238 Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Chelsea asked if anyone has been able to receive any Salt Lake City translators based in the Overton/Moapa area. The only one that seems to have a potential to reach the northern part of the Las Vegas Valley is K20JV (rf 20 and virtual 5) based in Moapa Valley. Their 1.8kw signal almost reaches the Speedway and North Nellis, according to mapping on RabbitEar.info. I have attempted to receive them in the past without success. But then my antenna is indoor, thus reducing my reception chances significantly. Someone with a good outdoor on a rotor in the far northeast section might have a shot at picking up K20JV and their KSL Salt Lake City 5.1 programming.

post #8446 of 9238 Old 10-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Congratulations go out to Songs Of The Heart (SOTH) on KEGS 30.1, as they turn one year old. If you can get past the constant flood of infomercials paying their bills, the little station that calls itself a network has some very interesting public domain programming to enjoy. Where else could you see a 1952 episode of a 15 minute NBC program titled The Magic Clown, where the children in the audience are busy plastering their teeth with candy. Or several episodes of Boston Blackie, Call Mr D., Stories of The Century, The Stu Erwin Show, a clip from Your Hit Parade, silent films Hal Roach Rascals, among other unique gems. Keep em coming SOTH.

post #8447 of 9238 Old 10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

Congratulations go out to Songs Of The Heart (SOTH) on KEGS 30.1, as they turn one year old. If you can get past the constant flood of infomercials paying their bills, the little station that calls itself a network has some very interesting public domain programming to enjoy. Where else could you see a 1952 episode of a 15 minute NBC program titled The Magic Clown, where the children in the audience are busy plastering their teeth with candy. Or several episodes of Boston Blackie, Call Mr D., Stories of The Century, The Stu Erwin Show, a clip from Your Hit Parade, silent films Hal Roach Rascals, among other unique gems. Keep em coming SOTH.

All I've ever seen, when tuning to this station, is infomercials, religious type programming, an occasional blank screen, or old movies with all-black casts. I guess I just don't tune in at the right time.
post #8448 of 9238 Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

All I've ever seen, when tuning to this station, is infomercials, religious type programming, an occasional blank screen, or old movies with all-black casts. I guess I just don't tune in at the right time.

Beside the infomercials, which rdvegas already addressed, and the occasional black screen (they've been off-air some in the past year), what you've seen is the bulk of what the station offers. "Songs Of The Heart" is the brainchild of Black Gospel recording artist Wyleaner Springfield, better known as "Wyleaner", who has billed herself as "The Las Vegas Queen of Gospel". Wyleaner has always been a devoted fan of traditional Black Gospel artists, but especially Mahalia Jackson, who was known as "The Queen of Gospel".

Given that background, one could see that the station's focus would be heavily on Christian and Black cultural programming. Operating on a financial shoestring, as it appears that SOTH does, a heavy schedule of public domain programming comes as no surprise, either.

Cheesy as the programming may seem to some, ventures such as SOTH are exactly what was intended when the Low Power television class was created - locally sourced (SOTH's offices are at 420 N. Nellis Blvd.) and niche programming that would never find its way onto a full-power signal.

Congratulations to SOTH on one year operating. Hopefully, there is an audience that finds SOTH's programming to be of value so that they can be on air for many years to come.
post #8449 of 9238 Old 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

Perhaps the best viewing times to catch some non-infomercials on SOTH KEGS 30.1 is from 9-11 am, 3-5pm, and maybe 7-10pm.

post #8450 of 9238 Old 10-30-2011, 12:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Perhaps the best viewing times to catch some non-infomercials on SOTH KEGS 30.1 is from 9-11 am, 3-5pm, and maybe 7-10pm.

And there's the problem, I'm at work most of those hours.
post #8451 of 9238 Old 10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

TUFF on KHMP 18.4 is MIA.

It was back on Monday the 31st.

post #8452 of 9238 Old 11-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

KNBX virtual 31

The little analog low powered station calling itself KNBX, that a couple of years ago was airing music videos before going silent mode, has flashcut to their digital service. Operating on rf 14 with a virtual channel designation of 31, KNBX is pumping forth an infomercial at this time. It also appears to be a simulcast of SOTH KEGS 30.1.

KBLR 39.3

KBLR has had a place marker for 39.2 for a few weeks. Today that disappeared while 39.3 was added for their first sub-channel. Looks like "SOI" is the program provider. www.soi.tv.

Those two additions brings my count of Vegas Valley channels and sub-channels to a grand total of 53 viewing/listening choices thus far.

post #8453 of 9238 Old 11-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:

KBLR 39.3

KBLR has had a place marker for 39.2 for a few weeks. Today that disappeared while 39.3 was added for their first sub-channel. Looks like "SOI" is the program provider. www.soi.tv.

Those two additions brings my count of Vegas Valley channels and sub-channels to a grand total of 53 viewing/listening choices thus far.

According to their website, SOI TV has been added to Telemundo stations in 15 markets: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Fresno, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Tucson, Denver, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, Chicago, Miami, Puerto Rico, New York, and Boston. All 15 Telemundo stations are O & O's. In all cases, SOI TV appears on the .3 subchannel, even if there is no programming on the .2 subchannel.

SOI = Sistema de OpiniĆ²n Interactivo
post #8454 of 9238 Old 11-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

KEGS and KNBX

KEGS 30.3 is now on-air with SonLife religious programming.

KNBX 31.1 continues to simulcast local SOTH from KEGS 30.1

post #8455 of 9238 Old 11-06-2011, 12:46 PM

I'm seeing digital 24 lit up, depending on your equipment, now scanning as,
24-817 or 24-2817
24-818 or 24-2818
post #8456 of 9238 Old 11-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm seeing digital 24 lit up, depending on your equipment, now scanning as,
24-817 or 24-2817
24-818 or 24-2818

Those are KEGS rf 24 virtual 30. It's sorta an echo of their regular 30.1, 30.2, and 30.3. Likely a wrong setting in their data stream is causing some of us to see those 24 numbers.

post #8457 of 9238 Old 11-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Audio on KBLR 39.3

When KBLR lit up 39.3 for the new SOI diginet a few days ago, none of my converter boxes would decode any audio. A quick look at the TSReader data for the station shows that the 39.3 audio is listed as being in the form of "MPEG" not "AC3". I'm told that very few devices can decode mpeg audio. A 7" Prism digital portable seems to handle the Mpeg audio with ease.

post #8458 of 9238 Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks to Mister Antenna (Karlo), I am finally free of Cox Cable and satellite. No turning back for me now that I'm solely an OverTheAir kinda guy. Fifty four channels and sub-channels of free ota within our valley and growing each month.

Looks like K43FO 43.1-6 is experiencing some technical problems and is missing from the dial yesterday and today.

post #8459 of 9238 Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

The data you sent me for K43FO-D indicates corrupt PSIP.

- Trip

N4MJC

RabbitEars

post #8460 of 9238 Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The data you sent me for K43FO-D indicates corrupt PSIP.

- Trip

They returned to the air today, but now it looks like their incoming net signal is delivered pixelated. The signal from their transmitter seems strong. They have also dropped, for now, two of the audio channels, leaving 3 video and one audio service.

It would seem that several of the Las Vegas stations could use some professional engineering assistance.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page