Old 12-08-2011, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

Remember that Antenna TV launches at the stroke of midnight the morning of January first on KSNV 3.3.

Wish it was going on another channel. I can get everything but this channel on my indoor antenna. Tried at least five different ones. The one I'm currently using is the only one I've tried that lets me receive all the other channels without having to move it around the room constantly. Living in a condo, an outdoor antenna is out of the question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

Wish it was going on another channel. I can get everything but this channel on my indoor antenna. Tried at least five different ones. The one I'm currently using is the only one I've tried that lets me receive all the other channels without having to move it around the room constantly. Living in a condo, an outdoor antenna is out of the question.

To receive KSNV 3.1-3, you'll need an antenna with long rods for that low VHF channel. Contact Mr. Antenna (Karlo) and see what can be done.

http://mrantenna.com/lasvegas/

Even though you reside in a condo, that does not prevent you from installing an outside antenna. Karlo does excellent work.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

KMCC 32.1 is not decoding yesterday or today in NW Vegas for me, and producing a weaker than normal signal.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

KMCC 32.1 is not decoding yesterday or today in NW Vegas for me, and producing a weaker than normal signal.

I wonder if they turned off their Black Mtn. repeater and are now relying on just the main signal from Dolan Springs AZ? The primary signal was finally on air two weeks ago the last time I was up that way.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Sometimes you can watch a station and not see the obvious. I think it was Friday I was looking at KGNG 47.7 and noticed some promos of programs that seemed to be new. It appears that I didn't notice that these were not VMAS programs that usually air on 47.7. Today I noted that TVC+ Latino is the network being carried on KGNG's 47.7 sub. So, is this a permanent change from VMAS to TVC+ Latino? When did the change occur?

Other observations today include the absence of a decodeable signal, yet, for KMCC. And the signal on KLSV 50.1 continues to freeze-up every 10-12 seconds, thaw, and repeat the procedure for no matter how long I leave it on that sub. Other KLSV subs operate fine. I can't believe this only affects my reception.

As of Tuesday afternoon 12/13, KLSV 50.1 is operating as should be expected. That's without the freeze-ups experienced for over a week.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

TV Spy reports that WFLD Chicago will now be switched from a hub in Las Vegas. That's a loss of jobs in Chicago, but a possible gain of employment here in Las Vegas.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

KEEN 17.1 appears to have a badly aligned sat receiver, and is transferring a blocky signal to their transmitter. Signal levels are fine for local reception, otherwise.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll be heading out to Lake Mead today to enjoy the 102 degree sun as forecast yesterday on KVVU 5.2's 24/7 weather sub. Me thinks that graphic was in error.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

The KMCC's on-channel Vegas Valley repeater is back up and running on digital 32.1 after several days of being down.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

King Kong Broadcasting is to be thanked for their great holiday programming. With eight digital and one analog channels, it was easy to find something to watch over the Christmas weekend. Both 47.1 and 47.5 were pumping forth some seldom seen holiday classics. Analog 47 aired the HSN holiday behind the scenes specials. Add to all of that the programming of Aviva, Bounce, RTV, MyFamilyTV, TVC+, and MBCD. King Kong reminded me of one of those plate spinners on the old Ed Sullivan Sunday night shows. They easily kept all nine programs running without breaking a plate.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Antenna TV premiers on KSNV at the stroke of midnight New Year's Eve with a mini marathon of alternating episodes of Burns & Allen and Jack Benny. 3.3 will be the new digital home for Antenna TV in Las Vegas, displacing Universal Sports.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, Cox decided to advertise PPV fights on every other line of the guide coupled with their seemingly lack of interest in adding any news HD channels may finally be the last straw for me.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Las Vegas KHMP 18.3 looks like they're stunting. The sub-channel has been 24/7 infomercials since their beginnings, but today they are simulcasting the A-1 network from their 18.2 sub-channel. Perhaps there is something new in the pipeline for the first of the year.

Sat 12/31/11: Promos on KHMP 18.1 indicate local newscasts will return in January. Meanwhile A-1 continues on both 18.2 and 18.3 today, while TUFF forges ahead on 18.4.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:46 PM

Prism tv as promissed just added KGNG TV 47.3 Bounce tv now prism 23 and 47.4 Retro tv now prism 24 . I'm so glad I dropped cox more channels better quality less money.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

KHMP 18.2

American Guns and Glory Network joins KHMP as the 18.2 sub-channel. This moves A-1 to 18.3, bumping the 24.7 informercials. RTV continues on 18.1, and TUFF continues on 18.4.

It would appear that American Guns and Glory Network is heavy on early western flicks and some 'feel good' movies on patriotism.

1/3/2012: On Monday 1/2/12, KHMP 18.2 displayed a "tech problems" graphic most of the day. Late in the day Amewrica-One (A-1) returned to 18.2 simulcasting 18.3.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:17 PM

Prism in Las Vegas now has the ability to pause and resume the DVR from any room. Hopefully VDSL2 will become a reality this year. That would increase the number of HD feeds, internet speed, and distance from the central office.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

KEEN 17.1

Over the weekend I noticed that KEEN 17.1 was airing a basketball match up. It's not often that KEEN airs programming geared to such a wide appeal audience. Perhaps the two teams weren't that important in the scheme of sports, but nonetheless, it was sports on an otherwise religious station. But there was a problem, IMO. The feed of the game was very blocky and the color rendition was untrue. Faded, washed out, and over all in poor condition. It would be difficult to think the average viewer would keep tuned to such an inferior net feed.

I was always impressed with the quality of the station a few years ago when they were still analog and running a mix of sitcoms, dramas, and religious programming.

I wish the engineer(s) at KEEN were on this forum to respond.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

KVPX 28.1 from Mako

The third Las Vegas O&O station from Mako is now broadcasting from the ridges south of town. KEGS and KNBX are the other two Mako O&O's in town. KVPX 28.1 is pumping out a digital stream with SBN, better known as SonLife. Yes, that's the same programming network currently aired by KEGS on 30.3 and KNBX 31.1. It's also a temporary resident on KEGS 30.1, filling in for the vacationing SOTH. Further, SBN can be seen on some devices at 24.2817, 24.2818, 30.2817, and 30.2818.

SOI, the network on KBLR 39.3 is not showing up this evening. In it's place is Exitos Tv.

My count is now 55 Las Vegas channels/subs. Still waiting for KBBB-26, KVTE-35, and possibly another one or two.

1/7/2012: Exitos TV seems to have exited from KBLR 39.3 this morning when SOI programming reappeared.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

KMCC Laughlin/Las Vegas

The NATPE exhibition for television execs gets underway January 23rd for a couple of days in Miami Beach. Many diginet affiliations are expected to be made and/or announced during that festive convention.

News has already leaked out of that gathering that The Cool, the music video network formerly on KGNG and KTNV, will be partnered with KMCC-DT 32 Laughlin/Las Vegas. KMCC has recently flipped the switch on their Dolan Springs main transmitter providing a stronger and more stable signal to the Vegas Valley than their low power on-channel repeater at Henderson was able to provide. Could The Cool be the first of several sub-channels for KMCC's channel 32?

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/2...ounts-in-miami

Old 01-12-2012, 03:15 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

SOI, the network on KBLR 39.3 is not showing up this evening. In it's place is Exitos Tv.
1/7/2012: Exitos TV seems to have exited from KBLR 39.3 this morning when SOI programming reappeared.

Any update to this? Phoenix and Tucson Telemundo stations both now feature three subchannels with Telemundo on .1, ExitosTV on .2, and Canal SOI on .3.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post

Any update to this? Phoenix and Tucson Telemundo stations both now feature three subchannels with Telemundo on .1, ExitosTV on .2, and Canal SOI on .3.

No dot 2 or Exitos on KBLR yet, as of this morning. I suspect it will happen soon. Telemundo is on .1, with SOI on .3.

Noon edit 1/12/2012: KBLR added a "39.2 Exitos" psip for a little while before it disappeared.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

M/H in Las Vegas

Mobile/Handheld over-the-air television has been around Las Vegas for some time. Both KLAS-8 and KBLR-39 have been providing some content in M/H since last year. Now a few other valley stations have jumped into M/H distribution, even though few of us have yet to acquire a portable device to receive those signals. New M/H devices are being displayed at the CES convention currently in Las Vegas. New cell phones have M/H capabilities with pull out antennas.

A quick look around the dial this morning found these M/H broadcasters and what content they are currently providing:

KVVU M/H = 5.1 KVVU/Fox

KLAS M/H = 8.1 KLAS/CBS

KLVX M/H = 11.1 KLVX/PBS

KVMY M/H = 21.1 KVMY/MyTV; 21.2 KVCW/CW; 21.3 Food Network ; 21.4 The Country Network

KBLR M/H = 3.1 KSNV/NBC; 39.1 KBLR/Telemundo

My M/H tuning device is a Decontis adapter for my pc. I've heard from one viewer who states that Food Netork looks good on a 3.5 inch screen.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

K43FO renumbers their subs

Three Angeles broadcaster, K43FO Las Vegas, has changed their channel line up.

43.1 3ABN
43.3 3ABN-DD Dare Dream
43.4 3ABN-ES Latino
43.5 3ABN RD audio channel
43.6 3ABN-RL Latino audio channel
43.7 Radio-74 audio channel

Looks like 43.2 is for future use.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Advanced Member

Will The Cool Tv on KMCC get cable carriage? My friend who lives in Las Vegas would love to get this channel, but I doubt he would be willing to use an antenna and an A/B switch.

How can we say "the digital transition is complete" when thousands of low power stations are still broadcasting in analog?
LOW POWER ANALOG NEEDS TO DIE NOW!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Advanced Member

Do any of the limousine companies have M/H reception capability in their limousines?

How can we say "the digital transition is complete" when thousands of low power stations are still broadcasting in analog?
LOW POWER ANALOG NEEDS TO DIE NOW!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hawk View Post

Will The Cool Tv on KMCC get cable carriage? My friend who lives in Las Vegas would love to get this channel, but I doubt he would be willing to use an antenna and an A/B switch.

Initially, it took KMCC some time to get their main channel carried by Cox Communicatons. Then Cox played with channel numberng for them. I did see that channel 97 was listed on The Cool website for KMCC. Not sure if that was for Cox or the cable system in Laughlin.

Edit 1/14/2012: The Cool webiste lists Cox Cable channel 97.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Hawk View Post

Do any of the limousine companies have M/H reception capability in their limousines?

That's a good question. If it isn't happening now, you can bet it will happen soon. Nothing like riding in a stretch Hummer watching the Food Network.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

39.2 Exitos

Exitos on KBLR 39.2 is alive today. Telemundo on 39.1 and SOI on 39.2 continues.

That brings the current count of stations/sub-channels in Las Vegas to 57, with M/H adding 9 for a grand total of 66. This does not include repeater stations nor any Laughlin or Pahrump stations, but may include some M/H that were up only for the CES Convention that just ended. Of that total, 18 are Hispanic with one Hispanic M/H for a Hispanic grand total of 19.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Standby for new channel numbering, yet again this week, on K43FO. Still gone is the Proclaim video channel, but new this week is Dare To Dream video sub and one additional audio sub-channel.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 AM

I finally saw an ad for Cox's whole-home DVR. I called Cox and they said that is definitely available now and working really, really well. As for pricing, he said that the new DVR would cost about the same as our current DVR; and there would be an $80 installation cost.

I am a techie and don't mind a few growing pains with my gadgets. But the wife and kids will not put up with the new whole-home DVR if the system still isn't ready for primetime. Also, other Cox markets allow for two master DVR's that can be networked together; essentially doubling the recording space and giving the ability to record four channels at once. The Cox rep said that feature is not available in Vegas as of right now.

So I am looking for opinions from other Las Vegas Cox users that have had the whole-home DVR installed. How is the new Trio interface now? I had heard that there were problems in the beginning, but customers from other Cox markets say that updates have improved things significantly. What is the speed of the interface on the client boxes in other rooms? Ultimately, would the kids and wife find it easy to navigate and use on a daily basis?

Now available in living COLOR