Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 286 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8551 of 9223 Old 02-03-2012, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If anyone is interested in the 3D content available from Cox, Here is the List of titles available as of right now. Content changes a lot and each title has an expiration date. HBO and Starz swap things out periodically - For example, Avatar 3D was available in October and November, but not December. It then then came back for January, and is gone again in February.

Cox February 3D content:

Freezone: Free content
  1. Alien Adventure 3D
  2. Arabia 3
  3. Dinosaurs Alive 3D
  4. Haunted Castle 3D
  5. Legends of Flight 3D
  6. Misadventures in 3D
  7. Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs 3D
  8. Siegfried and Roy: The Magic Box 3D
  9. SOS Planet 3D
  10. The Ultimate Wave Tahiti 3D
  11. Wild Ocean 3D
  12. Wild Safari 3D
  13. Rose Bowl Parade 3D
HBO3D: (included free with HBO subscription)
  1. Cats and Dogs: The revenge of Kitty Galore (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  2. MegaMind 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  3. Sanctum 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  4. Shreck Forever After 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  5. Yogi Bear 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)

Starz3D: (included free with Starz subscription)
  1. Disney's a Christmas carol 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  2. Gnomeo and Juliet 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  3. The Green Hormet3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  4. Priest 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  5. Spartacus: Gods of the Arena Extras 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  6. Tangled 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)
  7. Tron Legacy 3D (Alternate version also available with closed captions)

3D PPV Movies: Priced per viewing.
  1. Bolt 3D
  2. captain America 3D
  3. Cars 2 3D
  4. Chicken Little 3D
  5. Conan the Barbarian 3D
  6. Dolphin Tale 3D
  7. Final Destination 5 3D
  8. Fright Night 3D
  9. G-Force 3D
  10. Glee: The Concert 3D
  11. Green Lantern 3D
  12. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt 2 3D
  13. Hoodwinked Too! Hood Vs. Evil 3D
  14. Kung Foo Panda 3D
  15. Pirates of the Carribbean: Stranger Tides 3D
  16. Shark Night 3D
  17. Spy Kids: All the Time in the World 3D
  18. Thor 3D
  19. Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D
  20. A Turtles Tale: Sammy's Adventures 3D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8552 of 9223 Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For a couple of days the first of January KHMP 18.2 aired the American Guns & Glory network. It quickly disappeared with a technical problem discalimer filling the screen for several hours. Then KHMP returned the A-1 network to 18.2, being a simulcast of their new berth on 18.3 Flash forward to today, and it looks like KHMP has restored Guns to 18.2. Either that or they have found another network to occupy the sub-channel.

Monday 10am; By 6am, KHMP 18.2 had again reverted to the America One (A-1) Network for programming. A note from a KHMP source stated it is the intention for Guns and Glory to be back on 18.2 for good.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #8553 of 9223 Old 02-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Hispanic infomercials on KLSV 50.1 are missing as of Friday evening. Temporary or permanent?

Edit Monday 6:30 pm: All three channels of KLSV are now missing.

Edit Tuesday 10 am: KLSV is still awol. KBLR's three services on 39.1-3 are also off-air today.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #8554 of 9223 Old 02-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

A week after KLSV started shooting blanks on their 50.1 channel, Hispanic infomercials returned on that sub-channel today. Other than a brief disappearance, Jewelry TV on 50.2 and English language infomercials on 50.3 continued unaffected.

post #8555 of 9223 Old 02-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Now it's KTUD's turn to be off-air. Both KTUD 25.1 and 25.2 are nowhere to be found today.

post #8556 of 9223 Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
gvc
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demodave View Post

I finally saw an ad for Cox's whole-home DVR. I called Cox and they said that is definitely available now and working really, really well. As for pricing, he said that the new DVR would cost about the same as our current DVR; and there would be an $80 installation cost.

I am a techie and don't mind a few growing pains with my gadgets. But the wife and kids will not put up with the new whole-home DVR if the system still isn't ready for primetime. Also, other Cox markets allow for two master DVR's that can be networked together; essentially doubling the recording space and giving the ability to record four channels at once. The Cox rep said that feature is not available in Vegas as of right now.

So I am looking for opinions from other Las Vegas Cox users that have had the whole-home DVR installed. How is the new Trio interface now? I had heard that there were problems in the beginning, but customers from other Cox markets say that updates have improved things significantly. What is the speed of the interface on the client boxes in other rooms? Ultimately, would the kids and wife find it easy to navigate and use on a daily basis?

anyone get the whole home dvr from Cox yet? if so, would like a review if possible. what extra hd channels do you get (I think there's an extra hd pack available?)
post #8557 of 9223 Old 02-22-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc View Post

anyone get the whole home dvr from Cox yet? if so, would like a review if possible. what extra hd channels do you get (I think there's an extra hd pack available?)

The extra channels in the new plus package are the Hub Hd, DIY HD, Outdoor HD, Cooking channel HD, and SWRV HD. While I do not have the new DVR, I do get the channels with my ceton infinitv and I must say that the picture quality is quite nice and there is a nice pop to the color, probably due to the channels being sent via mpeg4 and possibly at a higher bit rate. Other cox markets after the new DVR launches normally get many more HD movie channels added to the plus package so I hope we get those soon just because of the added quality.

You can never judge a show by its pilot episode or the half season following it.
post #8558 of 9223 Old 02-22-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chestnu1 View Post

The extra channels in the new plus package are the Hub Hd, DIY HD, Outdoor HD, Cooking channel HD, and SWRV HD. While I do not have the new DVR, I do get the channels with my ceton infinitv and I must say that the picture quality is quite nice and there is a nice pop to the color, probably due to the channels being sent via mpeg4 and possibly at a higher bit rate. Other cox markets after the new DVR launches normally get many more HD movie channels added to the plus package so I hope we get those soon just because of the added quality.

How long have they been MPEG4? Didn't Vegas start off with MPEG2 for those channels.

Cox AZ and Cox NoVA are also MPEG4 and launched that way just last month.
Cox so far has not been able to Authorize the Plus Pak channels on the TiVo Premiere in AZ and NoVA. Ceton and SiliconDust have had success though.

Any TiVo Premieres receiving the Plus Pak channels in Vegas?

TiVo Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #8559 of 9223 Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

VA VAsian TV

KTUD 25.3 is announcing the arrival of VA VAsian TV. This is a new sub-channel for KTUD, and a new network for Las Vegas.

Meanwhile KMCC 32.1 is not providing a strong enough signal in the Summerlin Parkway/Buffalo area for a lock. I'm guessing that what signal is there is from their 5kw Henderson repeater, and not from their Dolan Springs 1000kw tranny.

post #8560 of 9223 Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Happy 3rd anniversary to KGNG digital 47. It has been three years now that King Kong has been gradually improving the little LPTV station on rf 48 virual 47. A few networks came and left, but the core of the station has been with RTV, HSN, and Movies+. Recently KGNG has gained access to subscribers on Prism cable, bringing their programming selection to new eyes. Owners Larry and Lisa Hunt have done a great job of providing Las Vegas area viewers with alternative programming different from the big full power stations that want to flood the airwaves with reality shows. Thank you for that choice.

post #8561 of 9223 Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Is Cox going to add TruTV HD this year for March Madness?
post #8562 of 9223 Old 03-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Digital K41IO 41.1 is shooting blanks this weekend, providing a strong signal but no programming.

KHMP 18.1-4 is below the threshold for a lock in northwest Las Vegas

KMCC 32.1 continues to also be below the lock level in northwest Las Vegas.

post #8563 of 9223 Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mundo Fox

The new Hispanic network from FOX and RCN Television Group of Columbia, Mundo Fox, has signed a Las Vegas affiliate. They just aren't saying which station it is at this time.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/art...Agreements.php

post #8564 of 9223 Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

It's So Cool on 47.9

Color bars are showing up on 47.9 with a PSIP ident of "SoCool". Looks like the new home for music videos that KGNG had some months back under the "Cooler" label. What is unique for this KGNG sub-channel location is that it is not from the King Kong's KGNG transmitter, but rather is piggy-backed from KEEN digital 17.

KMCC digital 32 has been announced on the COOL TV website as an affiliate of that network, without a launch date listed. So KGNG via KEEN has beat KMCC to the punch for similar music videos while they await their try at Cool TV in Las Vegas. Cool TV started out on KGNG, then was moved to KTNV before leaving Las Vegas.

Edit Tuesday 7:15pm: Hold the fort. King Kong has changed their mind about ID-ing their new music video channel as 47.9. Instead they are using 17.8 (as for KEEN) for the present time, but are considering another numerical value.

post #8565 of 9223 Old 03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doormat View Post

Is Cox going to add TruTV HD this year for March Madness?

TruTV HD is already a regular HD channel on 1054...

vegggas
post #8566 of 9223 Old 03-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

KMCC 32.1 has roared back with a strong signal after several days of being below the cliff. Is this newly energized signal from their Dolan Springs 1000kw trans? The Cool music video network web site no longer lists KMCC 32.2 as an affiliate.

K41IO 41.1 has now turned off their transmitter after a couple of days of airing a blank screen.

KHMP 18.1-4 is still below lock levels for me, although my antenna is oreinted towards Henderson, and not towards their Mt Potosi site. This station usually provides enough signal for my secondary tv to receive a lock on their programming including American Guns and Glory network RTV, A-1, and Tuff networks.

KEEN 17.1 is providing their Legacay network programming on 17.1 in MPEG format, rather than AC3, which seems to be problematic for some receivers. Meanwhile KEEN 17.8 displays colorbars in advance of the launch of SoCool music videos.

KGNG 47.6 My Family TV network is a no show today {Back up later in the day.}

Viewers near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway may find a signal on 49.1 starting Thursday 8 March. This will be the weekend only transmission of K49ST-D, a NASCAR channel, that will operate only briefly in Las Vegas. Catching it will be difficult, as the signal will only be 100 watts and from a low tower inside the race track. The station will be history once the Sunday race, or Monday rain-out if needed, is concluded.

About noonish today, 7 March, KEEN 17.8 began airing music videos. However, the audio track is currently missing. Also showing up is 17.6, ID"d as "KEEN TE" (KEEN-Test?). This appears to be an echo, or simulcast, of 17.1, at least for now. Audio on both 17.1 and 17.6 are OK.

The current Las Vegas total for ATSC channels & sub-channels totals 60, with one addtional analog channel. This does not include 17.6 or the 32.2 potential subs.

post #8567 of 9223 Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegggas View Post

TruTV HD is already a regular HD channel on 1054...

vegggas

Sigh. Doesn't show up in my TiVo guide!! Ugh. Time to complain to them to see if they get it fixed before the UNlV game Thursday night since this will be the channel it's on.

Edit: turns out I had the channel turned off for some reason. Though my guide data just says "TBA" for the rest of the night, no programming information.
post #8568 of 9223 Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

KEEN-17

After some weeks of paint-by-number looking color on KEEN 17.1, the faulty equipment was recently rectified, and now color is back to normal.

A subtle network change for KEEN 17.1. Worship Net has replaced Legacy Network. This may have escaped my notice had it not been for a Saturday evening war movie. While flipping channels I discovered the movie and decided to give it a watch. It ended soon after with the credits rolling, followed by commercials. Then the network re-entered the same movie, somewhere in the middle, and filled out the remaining 45 minutes of the program slot.

More programming options will be coming soon to KEEN sub-channels, as network contracts are signed and equipment installed. Be sure and check out 17.8 for SoCool music videos.

post #8569 of 9223 Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

KEEN-17

After some weeks of paint-by-number looking color on KEEN 17.1, the faulty equipment was recently rectified, and now color is back to normal.

A subtle network change for KEEN 17.1. Worship Net has replaced Legacy Network. This may have escaped my notice had it not been for a Saturday evening war movie. While flipping channels I discovered the movie and decided to give it a watch. It ended soon after with the credits rolling, followed by commercials. Then the network re-entered the same movie, somewhere in the middle, and filled out the remaining 45 minutes of the program slot.

More programming options will be coming soon to KEEN sub-channels, as network contracts are signed and equipment installed. Be sure and check out 17.8 for SoCool music videos.

Wonder if it all has something to do with this? Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Landover Wireless is in the process of building out a network of hundreds of TV stations using the cellular telephone model instead of the tall tower model of broadcasting. Most of their applications fall under the owner Landover 2 LLC.

P.S. - Any luck out at the Speedway?
post #8570 of 9223 Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post

P.S. - Any luck out at the Speedway?

On Saturday, I was 2 blocks from the center of the speedway with no signal on my 7" digital tv, nor any signal for a TSR. K49ST-D came to town , and left quickly, leaving no recorded history in Las Vegas.

post #8571 of 9223 Old 03-14-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:

On Saturday, I was 2 blocks from the center of the speedway with no signal on my 7" digital tv, nor any signal for a TSR. K49ST-D came to town , and left quickly, leaving known recorded history in Las Vegas.

Similar results at PIR in Phoenix with K44ST-D. Guess I'm going to have to develop enough of a love of NASCAR to pay to get inside the track before I can get one of these stations. Not gonna happen.
post #8572 of 9223 Old 03-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

VAsian TV on KTUD 25.3 was sitting in black this morning, then went to a long display of their ID. K41IO 41.1 continues to be off-air. KMCC 32.1 pumps a signal of between 38 and 40 for me today, but no display. MyFamilyTV on KGNG 47.6 had an interesting strobe effect last evening. Sortta like revisting the days of disco. KHMP 18.1-4 continues to be below the cliff levels for a lock at my locale, after several months of not being a problem. I envision a seperate UHF antenna aimed at Mt Potosi in my future. Watch for possible new subs on KEEN 17.2-7 in the weeks ahead.

post #8573 of 9223 Old 03-18-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:

KHMP 18.1-4 continues to be below the cliff levels for a lock at my locale, after several months of not being a problem. I envision a seperate UHF antenna aimed at Mt Potosi in my future.

You may want to wait until the end of the year. KHMP has a CP to move to Black Mtn. It expires at the beginning of November.
post #8574 of 9223 Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post

You may want to wait until the end of the year. KHMP has a CP to move to Black Mtn. It expires at the beginning of November.

They've been sitting on that CP for quite some time. I'm wondering, with the current finacial situation, if they'll follow through on construction.

post #8575 of 9223 Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

KEEN 17.6

American Movie Greats (AMG), that had been on KGNG 47.3 until last fall's launch of Bounce on that sub-channel, has found a new home on KEEN 17.6.

TVC+Latino has been missing from KGNG 47.7 for 24 hours. It's likely that King Kong, owners of KGNG, is using that encoder over on KEEN to provide AMG on 17.6. TVC+Latino is sure to return quickly to their 47.7 home.

Edit Thursday morning 3/22: Well, I guessed wrong about KGNG using the 47.7 encoder to launch KEEN 17.6. I've now heard the fiber feed was out but service could be reinstated by tonight.

post #8576 of 9223 Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

KEEN 17.6

American Movie Greats (AMG), that had been on KGNG 47.3 until last fall's launch of Bounce on that sub-channel, has found a new home on KEEN 17.6.

I did a re-scan and found this one. I like adding to my movie library (get several from THIS and Antenna TV). Is there somewhere I can get a schedule for this channel? I did the rescan late at night and only got infomercials.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #8577 of 9223 Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post

I did a re-scan and found this one. I like adding to my movie library (get several from THIS and Antenna TV). Is there somewhere I can get a schedule for this channel? I did the rescan late at night and only got infomercials.

This link should help. Choose the date(s) near the bottom of the list. http://www.pmi.tv/html/timingsheets/amgtvnetwork.php Yes, infomercials are part of the overnight schedule.

post #8578 of 9223 Old 03-22-2012, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

This link should help. Choose the date(s) near the bottom of the list. http://www.pmi.tv/html/timingsheets/amgtvnetwork.php Yes, infomercials are part of the overnight schedule.

Thank you! I assume that it updates from time to time?

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #8579 of 9223 Old 03-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post

Thank you! I assume that it updates from time to time?

Updates weekly.

post #8580 of 9223 Old 03-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

After a three week absence, K41IO has returned to the air with their Enlace network programming. That's on 41.1. Further up the dial, TVC+Latino is back on KGNG 47.7 after a couple of days of fiber optic problems that have been resolved.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page