Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #9181 of 9262 Old 04-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Taking this Sunday morning off are Aviva on KGNG 47.2, Movies+ on KGNG 47.5, and PBJ on KGNG 47.7. Fortunately, classic cartoons are airing on KNBX 31.4's HOT.

The three missing signals of KGNG soon returned about the same time that KNBX 31.4 froze on a blank screen for several hours.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9182 of 9262 Old 04-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

I would much rather be posting here that Las Vegas has a new sub-channel diginet broadcasting from the hills above Henderson. Hopefully I'll have that opportunity later this year when several changes to our local dial are expected to take place. But for today, it's the outtages that get reported here. KLSV has pulled their Jewelry TV service and hidden from view the psip for 50.1, while infomercials continue on their 50.3. Over on Cranston's 34.1 and 34.2, all things are quiet early afternoon.

Both KLSV 50.1 and the KMCC were back by mid evening Wednesday.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9183 of 9262 Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

The four services of KHMP 18.1-4 all are sleeping in this morning.

Biltmore should tweak their satellite reception of Jewelry TV, as they are retransmitting a poor signal on KSLV 50.1. Their infomercial service on 50.3 is riding along smoothly.

Programming from My Family Net (or whatever it's called these days) was missing from KGNG 47.6 yesterday. It was replaced with movies from the KGNG server with a similar look to their Movies+ on 47.5. Of corse there is no PSIP program info available.

post #9184 of 9262 Old 05-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Unwatchable network signal on both KGNG 47.4 (Retro) and KGNG 47.7 (PBJ) Sunday morning. KSLV restored their 50.1 psip and Jewelry network after it was quiet much of Saturday.

post #9185 of 9262 Old 05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

While the local Las Vegas tv broadcasters could potentially host another 40-50 sub-channels That's wishful thinking....perhaps. But we will likely see an additional 6-8 sub-channels by years' end. Looking back over the years since the beginning of the digital revolution, we have lost a few sub-channels. Not just diginets, but actual sub-channels. Last sightings are in parenthesis for each noted sub-channel. Among those now gone are KLAS 8.4 (Mar 2008), KEEN 17.3 (2012-13), KEEN 17.7 (2012-13), KTUD 25.1 (Oct 2013), KTUD 25.2 (Oct 2013), KTUD 25.3 (May 2013), KTUD 25.4 (May 2013), KGNG 47.9 (Mar 2012), KLSV 50.2 (Oct 2013), and KLSV 50.4 (2011).

There's a handfull of good networks available, and lots of niche networks that could be added to our local dial. We just need the local stations to step forward, make contracts, and cease the "wait-and see" attitude.

post #9186 of 9262 Old 05-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

The four sub-channels of KNBX-31 are off air today, Tuesday morning.

By Tuesday afternoon, KNBX seemed to be back to normal....whatever their normal may be.

post #9187 of 9262 Old 05-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Saturday the 31st has not been a good day for reception in the Summerlin area for digital KGNG-47 and their 8 sub-channels. Their signal improved later Saturday, then KNBX 31.4 froze up on a blank screen for much of the rest of the day.

Anyone still having access to NTSC over-the-air reception please check analog channel 35. Do you see anything?

You can spot some amateur TV hams on analog. Tune your tv, with an outdoor antenna, to cable channel 57, 58, 59, or 60. That's in the cable channel mode, but with an antenna attached instead of cable. Channel 59 ieems to be the most likely channel to catch these transmissions. They come and go with no known schedule of broadcasts.

post #9188 of 9262 Old 06-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

KGNG is getting unusable network reception this morning of Retro (47.4) and PBJ (47.7). KNBX 31.4 is still sitting on a blank screen, which is becoming their normal instead of providing HOT (History of Television).

In programming notes: Dick Van Dyke, until recently on METV (KLAS 8.2) moves to COZI (KSNV 3.2) today at 2 pm. Doctor Who returns to ota television later this month via RETRO (KGNG 47.4). Mystery science Theater 3000 will join RETRO (KGNG 47.4) in July.

post #9189 of 9262 Old 06-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Normally tv station construction is slow in the winter months. Now that summer is rapidly approachin, we may see some movement in the construction of a new digital station licensed to Bullhead City, AZ. K51IO is currently an analog station operating on channel 51 airing Luken's TUFF network. They have two Construction Permits filed that would convert them to digital. Both of these CP's are for a transmitter located at Searchlight, NV. Neither would produce much of a signal to their city of license at Bullhead. Perhaps Bullhead is not the intended target for the station.

One CP is for 1 kw and operation on rf channel 47, while the other CP is for 15 kw on rf channel 38. It's expected that the virtual for each CP would be to channel 51. It is a theory that whichever of the CP's get built at Searchlight, the owner of the station, Digital Networks Southwest LLC (part of Luken Communications) wuld then file for a move of the facilities to the hills above Henderson making the station a Vegas operation.

Digital Networks Southwest LLC operates 23 stations reaching 7.4% of the US TV Households. Their slate of channels include whatever Luken calls their networks currently; such as Retro, Tuff, Heartland, PBJ, FGO, My Car, etc.

With the exception of Heartland, FGO, and My Car, Las Vegas already has those networks available either through KGNG-47 or KHMP-18. One theory is that Luken would pull the affiliation of those networks from the current affiliated stations and move them to K51IO from Searchlight/Vegas. Theories don't always mean reality, however.

Of course the summer construction period may also mean progress, or not, for the rebith of KTUD-25, KVTE-35, and KGHD-6.

post #9190 of 9262 Old 06-05-2014, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

I received a nice note from HOT (History of Televison) aired by KNBX 31.4 According to the note, the freeze-ups and blank screens are because the internet service is super slow here. The internet provides programming from Ft Worth to Las Vegas. Becuase the internet system is so slow it's a drag on the server locally here where the programs are stored for replay at the appropriate time.

post #9191 of 9262 Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

I received a nice note from HOT (History of Televison) aired by KNBX 31.4 According to the note, the freeze-ups and blank screens are because the internet service is super slow here. The internet provides programming from Ft Worth to Las Vegas. Becuase the internet system is so slow it's a drag on the server locally here where the programs are stored for replay at the appropriate time.

Are they using dial up? The speeds I get from COX are hardly slow. I'm not buying this.
post #9192 of 9262 Old 06-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post

Are they using dial up? The speeds I get from COX are hardly slow. I'm not buying this.

It may be the speeds at the Fort Worth upload site that is the problem. It's Huges Satellite.

Thanks for the post. I was beginning to think everyone left the building except me.

post #9193 of 9262 Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

......I was beginning to think everyone left the building except me.

Don't be discouraged. Where else can we get our LV OTA info?

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #9194 of 9262 Old 06-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Live Well Network closes up shop coming mid January 2015. The diginet has been at home locally on KTNV 13.3 for quite some time, yet I seldom found myself spending many viewing hours with them. So....what will KTNV do with their suddenly free bandwidth on 13.3?

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/76896/no-life-left-in-live-well-network#.U5YumHynb5E.facebook

post #9195 of 9262 Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Las Vegas jewelry buyers may have to wait a bit. Biltmore's KLSV 50.1 Jewelry TV service is off today along with the psip. Their infomercials (dis)service continues on 50.3.

The 50.1 jigsaw puzzle was reassembled by evening time.

post #9196 of 9262 Old 06-13-2014, 12:29 AM

Liked: 11
I see that KVTE-LP 35 has filed for a license at the Just Brakes shop on Charleston between Jones and Decatur. 10 kW digital. Do you see it? Betchadon't.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9197 of 9262 Old 06-13-2014, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Flash! Stand by. Coming up soon. This could be it.
KVTE-35 has been licensed for operation at, as one person notes, a Just Brakes Shop on West Charleston. So far, there is no signal on digital 35.
KTUD rf 20/virtual 25 continues to plod through the paperwork towards a resurrection.

Both stations, and a few others, could provide some new sub-channels of entertainment to Las Vegas ota viewers very soon.

post #9198 of 9262 Old 06-13-2014, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Can someone drive past the alleged site and see if there is even an antenna there for KVTE?
post #9199 of 9262 Old 06-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATV View Post
Can someone drive past the alleged site and see if there is even an antenna there for KVTE?
What happened to the KVTE application to locate their transmitter atop the Bank of America building at Rainbow and Summerlin Parkway area?

post #9200 of 9262 Old 06-14-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
You can see the building from Google Maps Street View and there's something that appears to be a pole sticking up from the building, so maybe they're really broadcasting. I'm not sure how far a 10 kW digital signal from that height would carry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dhett; 06-14-2014 at 09:38 AM.
post #9201 of 9262 Old 06-14-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Quote:
What happened to the KVTE application to locate their transmitter atop the Bank of America building at Rainbow and Summerlin Parkway area?
The B of A application was dismissed in April in favor of the Just Brakes site.

post #9202 of 9262 Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

KGNG continues to be plagued with strobing issues on their RTV (47.4) and PBJ (47.7) sub-channels this weekend.

post #9203 of 9262 Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Sunbday afternoon I drove down West Charleston to the Just For Brakes location. I parked across the street and got out my analog handheld tv. No signal at all on channel 35 for KVTE. Analog KGNG-47 came in quite well. Then I checked for a digital channel 35 signal with no results.

Given that I think there is a very weak analog signal attempting to ease through the snow on channel 35, I now think that could be a cable leakage or harmonics. After I returned home, I checked my living room tv's analog channel 35, and yes, that weak signal semed to still be there. It looks like a color bar patern shifting around the screen, not locking into the correct position.

Meanwhile, KVTE continues to move forward on their timetable. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see a dignal signal from their transmitter at/near Just For Brakes West Charleston near Linden Las Vegas in the near future. Or not.

post #9204 of 9262 Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 PM

KGNG had better get their license renewal filed or a bad signal is going to be the least of their concerns.

post #9205 of 9262 Old 06-17-2014, 04:10 AM

These LPTV's do not show a renewal filed for them in NV:
K06NZ CITY OF GABBS, Gabbs, NV
K13YK CITY OF GABBS, Gabbs, NV
K51IO DIGITAL NETWORKS - SOUTHWEST, LLC, Bullhead City, AZ
K09MM HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Paradise Valley, NV
K27GG HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Valmy & Red House, NV
K28EO HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Golconda, NV
K40FV HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Quinn River Area, NV
KGNG-LP KING KONG BROADCASTING, INC., Las Vegas, NV
KGNG-LD KING KONG BROADCASTING, INC., Las Vegas, NV
K49MD-D KRXI LICENSEE, LLC, Lake Tahoe, NV
K07CM LINCOLN COUNTY TV DISTRICT NO. 1, Panaca, NV
K05GD LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Smith, NV
K06JK LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Dayton, NV
K06KC LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Yerington, NV
K10HQ LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Smith, NV
K12IT LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Smith, NV
K45GZ LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Dayton, NV
K49FZ LYON COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS, Yerington, NV
K18BW LYON COUNTY, NEVADA, Yerington, NV
KEGS-LP MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC, Las Vegas, NV
K31HV MARCIA T. TURNER D/B/A TURNER ENTERPRISES, Pahrump, NV
KVTE-LP MOUNTAIN RIDGE HOLDINGS, INC., Las Vegas, NV Renewal filed on 6/11/2014. Renewal date was 6/2/2014. It was 9 days late filed.
K08NM QUINN RIVER TELEVISION MAINTENANCE DISTRICT, Orovada, NV
K11VB QUINN RIVER TELEVISION MAINTENANCE DISTRICT, Orovada, NV
K39FF REGAL MEDIA, INC., Reno, NV
K51AC SINCLAIR MEDIA II, INC., Pahrump, NV
K17CL-D TOWN OF PAHRUMP, Pahrump, NV
K19BU-D TOWN OF PAHRUMP, Pahrump, NV
K24BY-D TOWN OF PAHRUMP, Pahrump, NV
K28CS-D TOWN OF PAHRUMP, Pahrump, NV
K36BQ-D TOWN OF PAHRUMP, Pahrump, NV
K13WI VIRGINIA M. BECKER, Hawthorne, NV
K10GP WASHOE COUNTY TV TAX DISTRICT, Verdi, NV
K58BC WHITE PINE TELEVISION DISTRICT NO. 1, Ely, NV

Last edited by LATV; 06-18-2014 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Updated to remove LPTV's that filed for renewals
post #9206 of 9262 Old 06-18-2014, 01:45 AM

Quote:
These LPTV's do not show a renewal filed for them in NV:
KNTL-LP ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC, Laughlin, NV
KWWB-LP ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC, Mesquite, NV
KELV-LD ENTRAVISION HOLDINGS, LLC, Las Vegas
K51BW HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Winnemucca, NV
KEGS-LP MAKO COMMUNICATIONS, LLC, Las Vegas, NV
These stations all timely filed renewal applications for 2014.

post #9207 of 9262 Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 AM

I removed the Humboldt and Entravision. The KEGS application is not showing on the CDBS.
post #9208 of 9262 Old 06-19-2014, 03:05 AM

My mistake - I thought you had listed KEGS-LD. It looks like the license for KEGS-LP will finally join the analog broadcast in retirement.

post #9209 of 9262 Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Anyone tuning into the sub-channels of K43FO might be saying "What the.....". The same program is being repeated on each of K43FO's four sub-channels. However, each sub-channel is keeping the correct logo bug for that specific channel. It would seem natural to assume that Three Angels is doing this on all their stations nationally, not just in Vegas. Or it could be just a program schedule change for a particular daypart. It is at least interesting.

At about 9:43 am all four sub-channels resumed regular programming (joined-in-progress without a fanfare).

Last edited by rdvegas; 06-19-2014 at 09:45 AM.
post #9210 of 9262 Old 06-23-2014, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sorry, rdvegas, you signal watchman, but I'm beating you to the punch for some subchannel news:

"Sony's getTV Gets 33 Sinclair Stations
Increases channels U.S. clearance to 70 percent"

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/008...tations/271009

Coming soon to a subchannel of KVMY.

dtv_junkie87
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page