post #9211 of 9218 Old 06-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtv_junkie87 View Post
Sorry, rdvegas, you signal watchman, but I'm beating you to the punch for some subchannel news:

"Sony's getTV Gets 33 Sinclair Stations
Increases channels U.S. clearance to 70 percent"

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/008...tations/271009

Coming soon to a subchannel of KVMY.

dtv_junkie87
I don't mind missing out on news like that. I'll claim I was out o town for the announcement. ;-)

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9212 of 9218 Old 06-25-2014, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Now that Sinclair has annonced that GET TV will find a home on their KVMY 21.3, how much longer will KVVU hold out without a diginet partner of their own on their 5.3?

What will KTNV do with their soon to be vacant 13.3, after Live Well folds nationally. Will KTNV ever do something with their 13.2, other than simulcast the HD signal in SD? A recent e-mail to KTNV went unanswered asking whether they would hold onto Live Well until the final hours of the network scheduled for mid January 2015. They could drop Live Well at anytme and replace it with one, or two, diginets. Bounce could reposition to 13.2 from KGNG 47.3, while Soul Of The South could fill 13.3.

Will Entravision's KINC powerup a 15.3 before years' end? Will they add one or two subs to their KELV-27? Perhaps the soon to launch Grit and Escape networks from Katz Television will find a Vegas home with them.

It might be difficult to convince non-profit KLVX to add a fourth sub-channel, as they are using the bandwidth well with quality sub-channels and data-casting. However, someone here needs to add First Nation Experience with programming for and about Native Americans. That diginet prefers PBS affiliates over other broadcasters.

I've given up that scruffy Cranston's KMCC will ever add the announced Weather Nation service to their 34.3. But that company needs something on their bandwidth in the 34.3 position. The Works, a new movies network, now in a few markets, could be a nice fit for Cranston and Vegas viewers.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; 06-25-2014 at 04:06 PM.
post #9213 of 9218 Old 06-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Late Saturday afternoon, KGNG-47 has lost the psip's and programming to their 47.1 HSN, 47.2 Aviva, and 47.8 Hotel TV aka Walk.

They were quickly restored.

Last edited by rdvegas; 06-28-2014 at 07:02 PM.
post #9214 of 9218 Old 07-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

At 10 am Tuesday, KVMY lit the fuse on their 21.3 sub-channel. By noon all the technical issues seemed to be resolved, and GET TV, from Sony, hit the airwaves. My calculations are that Las Vegas now has 64 sub-channels from 21 stations. Of these, 44 are English, while 16 are Hispanic, 2 are always useful color bars, and 2 are not so useful "for lease" billboards.

post #9215 of 9218 Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Anomoly or new normal? On Saturday The Cool was missing from KMCC 34.2, In fact 34.2 was missing. Entering the rf of 32.2 was of no help. "Scrambled" or "Scrambled Video" appears on my screen. What gives Cranston?

For most of Saturday KGNG was below the cliff at my NW Vegas condo, meaning no or spotty reception.. Usually King Kong's KGNG signal level is not a problem for me. During a brief window of reception this early evening, I noticed that AVIVA is missing from KGNG 47.2. It's been replaced by locally provided episodes of Clutch Cargo cartoons with a sporadic KGNG logo bug.

Last edited by rdvegas; 07-06-2014 at 06:15 PM.
post #9216 of 9218 Old 07-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Monday mortning brings more ota issues for Las Vegas. World Harvest Television on KEEN 17.1 is missing. Aviva on KGNG 47.2 remains missing, being replaced by a variety of programming that seems to be generated by a local server. Further the KGNG signal level at my condo is nearly half of what has been their normal. My living room LG refused to recognize KGNG, while my dvr doesn't seem to have a problem with their 47 level. Entering their rf 48 to coax a 47 display doesn't help on this issue.

World Harvest Television was restore by early afternoon to KEEN 17.1 today. The Cool on KMCC 34.2 and Aviva on KGNG 47.2 remain lost in space.

I'm told that AVIVA is having satellite problems, but should return at some point to KGNG 47.2. Until their return expect to see lots of public domain cartoons.

Last edited by rdvegas; 07-09-2014 at 10:24 AM.
post #9217 of 9218 Old 07-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

KHMP-18 is producing a strong signal this Thursday evening, but lacking programming on their four sub-channels. Might this be a STL power failure due to the spotty rain in the area?

Meanwhile, AVIVA remains lost on KGNG 47.2, and The Cool hasn't been sighted on KMCC 34.2 in several days. KGNG-47 is producing a signal level in the mid 40's at my home, insufficient to drive my living room LG tv. That's half what it was last week.

KHDF 19.2, 19.3, and 19.4 is stuck on the computer starter menu screen.

Staff at KMCC reports that they are experiencing transmitter issues and hop to have a remedy soon, restoring The Cool network to 34.2.

Last edited by rdvegas; Yesterday at 04:47 PM.
post #9218 of 9218 Old Today, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Seriously now, where are the engineers and technical persons at our area stations?

KINC 15.2 LATV and KGNG 47.7 PBJ are missing this afternoon. That's in addition to the four sub-channels of KHMP-18, and KMCC 34.2 Cool. KHDF 19.2, 19.3, and 19.4. are still stuck on the menu graphic. Aviva is still being temporarily replaced by cartoons and informercials on KGNG 47.2. Sin City Sinema, or Cinema Six (both unofficial terms), continues in place of Family on KGNG 47.6. I've yet to see the signal level of KGNG get about 47 at my home. That's about half of their normal for me, and insufficient to power the main LG tv.

KNBX 31.4 Hot continues to cough, burb, and hiccup their way through the program schedule. Many shows are freezing up numerous times during their half hour, not allowing the program to complete before the next series starts.

Last edited by rdvegas; Today at 06:12 PM.
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page