2Likes

post #9271 of 9287 Old 10-11-2014, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
After 2 months of being off-air for technical problems, KHMP-18 has returned to the air Saturday morning. They have their 4 channels going, however the dot 4 is sitting in black. 18.1 seems to have retuyrned to their AMG programming, while 18.2 and 18.3 seem to be once again America One, while 18.4 was TUFF programming.

It's good to see them back on-air.

We regain one channel, and losde another. KLVD-23 is off-air today. They're the local Daystar affiliate.

KNBX 31.2 is now unfrozen, as is the silulcast on KGNG 47.8.

KMCC-34 remains hidden from view Saturday.
I was surprised to see KHMP 18 back. I just noticed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9272 of 9287 Old 10-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
After 2 months of being off-air for technical problems, KHMP-18 has returned to the air Saturday morning....
Where is the channel 18 transmitter? I'm not getting it in Henderson (East of Black Mountain).

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #9273 of 9287 Old 10-13-2014, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
KHMP-LD is licensed at Mt. Potosi (SW of Las Vegas) and has a construction permit to relocate to Black Mtn (south of Henderson).
post #9274 of 9287 Old 10-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarTimeRon View Post
I was surprised to see KHMP 18 back. I just noticed it.
I just noticed that tuff tv has returned to 18.4
And i just flipped over to 47.7, pbj, and found different programming (non english).

Last edited by CigarTimeRon; 10-13-2014 at 06:29 PM.
post #9275 of 9287 Old 10-14-2014, 05:05 AM

Ktud-cd

The FCC has just canceled the license of KTUD-CD, Las Vegas for failure to broadcast for 12 months.
post #9276 of 9287 Old 10-14-2014, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LATV View Post
The FCC has just canceled the license of KTUD-CD, Las Vegas for failure to broadcast for 12 months.
Because KTUD went belly-up and filed for bankruptcy, then sold off most of their transmission gear, the new owner, Mako, may have a legit claim for a reversal of the cancellation of the license.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9277 of 9287 Old 10-14-2014, 04:33 PM

According to the FCC CDBS Mako Communications filed to assign the license on April 4 2014 and the FCC never acted on it. They did also ask for a STA to resume operations under Mako before the assignment was approved and this was not acted on either. In June the applicant asked the FCC to dismiss the STA request. It looks like the channel is gone.
post #9278 of 9287 Old 10-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Titan listings shows a slight difference between KHMP 18.2 and the normal simulcast on 18.3. You may wish to check 18.3 between 9 and midnight and 5 am and noon. If correect, then we are in for some additional retro programming.

Unfortunately, the Titan listings don't match the programming aired by KHMP 18.3 at this time.

Both KHMP 18.2 and 18.3 are airing YouToo America TV network. More info on this network can be found at: http://www.locatetv.com/listings/ame...ife-tv-network

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; 10-17-2014 at 04:57 PM.
post #9279 of 9287 Old 10-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

Like an act on Ed Sullivan, the Chinese plate spinners are having problems keeping all our local stations spinning (on air) at the same time. We just were treated to the revival of KHMP this past week, when 18.4 TUFF disappeared quickly. Now the three channels of KEEN-17 are missing Sunday noonish. It's rumored that KEEN lost a power supply, and may need a couple of days for a repair/replacement. Why do I feel that KMCC-34 will once again breakdown soon.

Missing from todays' lineup are LeSea WHT on KEEN 17.1, QVC KEEN 17.6, So Cool Videos on KEEN 17.8, and TUFF on KHMP 18.4.

I'm still intrigued as to why Titan listings show different programming, at times, on the YouToo America simulcast on KHMP 18.2 and 18.3. The different schedules are not a match for the aired programming. Also on the subject of schedule, KGNG 47.5 has now included a monthly schedule for themselves on their website. If only they would get Titan to include those listings, and also include program data in their PSIP.

Last edited by rdvegas; 10-20-2014 at 06:31 AM.
post #9280 of 9287 Old 10-21-2014, 08:35 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
I'm still intrigued as to why Titan listings show different programming, at times, on the YouToo America simulcast on KHMP 18.2 and 18.3. The different schedules are not a match for the aired programming. Also on the subject of schedule, KGNG 47.5 has now included a monthly schedule for themselves on their website. If only they would get Titan to include those listings, and also include program data in their PSIP.
I've found Titan to be wholly unreliable. They can't even get the channel lineup correct in my market, let alone the broadcast schedule. I think they rely on network schedules, so if a local affiliate differs, Titan doesn't pick it up.
post #9281 of 9287 Old 10-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Yet another new diginet for the over-the-air crowd is set to launch the second quarter of 2015. This time it's CBS putting together a service called "Decades". Here's the news story:
ttp://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/80197/cbs-oos-weigel-to-launch-decades-diginet#.VEZ90KtLCXY.facebook

Would one of our Las Vegas locals step up to the plate and carry Decades on a sub-channel? Only time will tell. When you consider all the potential sub-channel space, currently going to null packets on our numerous LPTV stations, there is room for Decades, Grit, Escape, Heroes & Icons, Works, Heartland, Soul Of The South, First Nations, among others.

post #9282 of 9287 Old 10-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post
I've found Titan to be wholly unreliable. They can't even get the channel lineup correct in my market, let alone the broadcast schedule. I think they rely on network schedules, so if a local affiliate differs, Titan doesn't pick it up.
As you know, Titan does not even have in their database certain stations that operate in Vegas or Phoenix, let alone their current program data. I stick with Titan because I found it less the evil of all the various listing services available.

post #9283 of 9287 Old 10-21-2014, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
....I stick with Titan because I found it less the evil of all the various listing services available.
I prefer Zap2it, available from Yahoo TV,
http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...aid=tvschedule

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #9284 of 9287 Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Yet another new diginet for the over-the-air crowd is set to launch the second quarter of 2015. This time it's CBS putting together a service called "Decades". Here's the news story:
ttp://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/80197/cbs-oos-weigel-to-launch-decades-diginet#.VEZ90KtLCXY.facebook

Would one of our Las Vegas locals step up to the plate and carry Decades on a sub-channel? Only time will tell. When you consider all the potential sub-channel space, currently going to null packets on our numerous LPTV stations, there is room for Decades, Grit, Escape, Heroes & Icons, Works, Heartland, Soul Of The South, First Nations, among others.

Just seems like more of the same thing we already have. What's going to make this channel different from Antenna TV, RTV, MeTV, Cozi, etc?
post #9285 of 9287 Old 10-23-2014, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post
Just seems like more of the same thing we already have. What's going to make this channel different from Antenna TV, RTV, MeTV, Cozi, etc?
Presentation.

post #9286 of 9287 Old 10-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

By early afternoon today, KEEN-17 has their power supply failure cured and has returned to the air.

KSNV is alerting OTA viewers of the need to rescan on or after November first. When Sinclair agreed to purchase KSNV, they did not incliude a sales agreement for rf channel 2. Sinclair even stated something to the effect that they would shuffle the sub-channels on their KVCW-33 and KVMY-21 and eliminate one of the three properties in Vegas. Is this goodby to rf 2?

Will the three sub-channels, KSNV-3.1, COZI 3.2, and Antenna TV 3.3 be absorbed into the mix of KVCW and KVMY? Will there be any casualties in the changes, or will Sinclair find room for all of the nine existing sub-channels on the three stations currently airing.

KVCW airs CW on 33.1, THIS on 33.2, and Zuus Country on 33.3, while KVMY airs MNT on 21.1, Estrella on 21.2, and GET on 21.3.

So how would you fit the existing nine sub-channels on just 2 stations, and keep HD levels high enough so not to raise viewer complaints?

Last edited by rdvegas; Yesterday at 12:20 PM.
post #9287 of 9287 Old Today, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks for a tip from Cigar Time Ron this morning, I'm watching a new sub-channel on KEEN 17.7. Car2tns (cartoons) is now airing on the recently quiet sub-channel of KEEN, but programmed by King Kong Broadcasting (KGNG-47). KEEN 17.7 was home for PBJ from about 21 April 2012 - 10 March 2013; then Video1 from about 10 Mar 2013 - 17 November 2013.

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page