Forum Jump: 
 8Likes

post #9391 of 9391 Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Fourth of July 1987 I had no early plans, so I took a small JVC portable AM/FM/TV receiver to near the top of Sweat Mountain in Marietta, GA. It's not a high peak, but does have a good elevation. This was back when the Today Show was still just 2 hours, ending at 9 am. Checking around the lo-VHF dial on a rotary tuner, I noticed the closing credits of the Today Show being aired on channel 4. With no such channel 4 in the Atlanta area, I started thinking about which station it could be. TV was faster than my brain, and I witnessed several commercials for Los Angeles businesses and street addresses only found in LA. Then at noon Atlanta time, a brief KNBC channel 4 Los Angeles ID. This was on the simple built-in rabbit ears.

I've done a considerable amount of AM dxing in my youth and shortwave listening, but to receive long distance tv reception just seems more fun, for me.

Back to the Vegas Valley, I noticed yesterday that Daystar on KLVD 23.1 was missing for a brief time, then popped back as normal. Today KLVD is showing Daystar on both 23.1 (720p) and 23.2 (480i). This is the first for a dot 2 for them. Is this just a quirk, or something waiting in the wings to launch. Nationally, Daystar has resisted adding sub-channels to their O&O stations.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; Yesterday at 03:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page