Old 12-03-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarTimeRon View Post
At 1:00 pm today I noticed that PBJ has once again departed and replaced by MiCasa on 47.2.
And Aviva is sitting on black on KGNG 47.7. That's in addition. for me anyway, that KMCC 34.1, 34.2, and 34.3 are still in hiding. Let's not forget that KHMP 18.4, TUFF, has been blank for several weeks but the PSIP is still active.

The incoming feed of MiCasa to KGNG 47.2 is terrible quality. It looks like grade C analog reception on a bad day.

Colorbars abound on the Vegas dial, with renditions on KEGS 30.1, 30.5, and 30.6, in addition to KNBX 31.1. That's unacceptable programming from MAKO. At least give us some non-comm programming such as NASA TV, First Nation Experience, City of Las Vegas Channel 2, or Clark County Channel 4.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; 12-04-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Late Thursday changes to the Vegas dial include informercials replacing AVIVA on KGNG 47.7. Up the dial on KLSV, a relit 50.2 is up tonight with a simulcast of JTV from 50.1.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

As we approach the end of 2014, I am hopeful that Santa will reread my post number 9364 of 12 November intended for his eyes. Las Vegas is fortunate that we have a good mixture of television signals blanketing the Valley with a variety of programming. There's always room for improvement Santa.

As of this morning, Las Vegas has 22 Valley stations producing 73 main or sub-channels. 51 are English, while 14 are Hispanic. To total the 73, we need to add in the 5 colorbar/blank channels and the 3 "for lease" billboard channels. So Las Vegas has 65 actual programmed channels worthy of our viewership.

A further breakdown yields 4 English classic program channels, 1 Hispanic classic program channel, 5 movie channels, 12 English religious channels, 4 Hispanic religious channels, 5 English shopping channels, 1 Hispanic shopping channel, 3 music channels, and 3 audio only channels.

Waiting for gestation is KVTE-35 and KGHD-38. Could 2015 be the year of their digital birth?

Friday evening at about 7 pm finds KHMP has lost their programming, yet their signal flows forth. This is on their 4 sub-channels.
foghorn2 likes this.

Last edited by rdvegas; 12-05-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Nice overview rdvegas, thanks. IMO there seems to be overkill on religious channels. Between Sinclair pulling regular programming for sports, HOT TV 31.4 being erratic (guessing if it will actually show up) it seems KGNG is on the short list of actually trying to provide entertainment. Wish KGNG would toss PBJ back onto 47.7 instead of infomercials. I'm actually finding the days of actually giving up on watching has increased.
Old 12-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
KTNV Settles FCC Fake News Report Investigation

Will pay $115,000 and create compliance regime

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...igation/136158
Old 12-06-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post

Two of the things I learned at a young age is to never yell "FIRE" in a theater, and never (if your operate a broadcast station) use terminolgy that would make the viewer think you're reporting news or bulletins when you're not.

Elsewhere this afternoon.....KVCW 33.3, owned by sinister Sinclair, decided I didn't need to see a movie and thus pre-empted THIS TV for some obscure basketball game from a third world conference.

KHMP 18.1, 18.2, 18.3,, 18.4, KNBX 31.4, and KMCC 34.1, 34.2, and 34.3 remain silent today.

Luken's car channel, REV'N, aired locally on KEGS 30.4, continues to suffer delivery issues. The signal is pixelated and jittery. This is not just a Las Vegas situation, but also echoed by a Buffalo, NY viewer watching on his area affiliate. Can't Luken get things together.
foghorn2 likes this.

Last edited by rdvegas; 12-06-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Too many untaxed Religious Channels
Fake News Reports
Pre-empting quailty programming with sports
Too much corporate ownership
Crappy signals/picture worse than the analog days

Where is the FCC?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post

People actually watch their (13) crappy news?
They are the worse!

I love CH 3 news, but I fear it will change real quick with Sinclair's ownership.

Real sad.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
I love CH 3 news, but I fear it will change real quick with Sinclair's ownership.

Real sad.
If Sincalir even continues to have local news on KSNV. Their news efforts in the past on KVCW/KFBT and KVMY/KVWB were less than stellar. They actually made KTNV look professional. My apologies to those actual individuals attempting to be local newspersons at those affected stations.
foghorn2 likes this.

Last edited by rdvegas; 12-07-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Where is the FCC?
What's left of the FCC meets at a DC bar each Friday and drown their sorrows over a brew.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was getting TNTHD in the clear on QAM for the last few weeks on the 112 channel tier but as of last night it was no longer there.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
KVPX Requests to Test ATSC 3.0 Standard

KVPX-LD has requested to operate at variance with its license from Dec. 16, 2014 - Jan. 9, 2015, proposing to test the ATSC 3.0 standard from Dec. 16-20 and to operate under the ATSC 3.0 standard Jan. 1-9 to demonstrate the standard during the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show. The station will be dark from Dec. 21-31.

Source: https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=1
Old 12-08-2014, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post
KVPX-LD has requested to operate at variance with its license from Dec. 16, 2014 - Jan. 9, 2015, proposing to test the ATSC 3.0 standard from Dec. 16-20 and to operate under the ATSC 3.0 standard Jan. 1-9 to demonstrate the standard during the Las Vegas Consumer Electronics Show. The station will be dark from Dec. 21-31.

Source: https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=1
It's good to know that both of the KVPX SonLife viewers will not miss their programming if they switch over to KEGS 30.3 until January 9th.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Too much corporate ownership
Speaking of (another) corporate purchase in the LasVegas DMA...

Nexstar's KLAS Buy Gets Antitrust OK

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...rust-ok/136266
Old 12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Entravision's KINC has added 15.3 today. It currently is simulcasting UMas, the same network aired on sister station KELV 27.1. Perhaps Entravision is moving UMAS to KINC to make room on KELV for something such as GRIT and Escape, or Heroes & Icons.

Old 12-12-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Biltmore's KLSV 50.1 and 50.2 are added to the growing list of missing channels today. Their two sub-channels of Jewelry TV are silent hiding. Other channels missing are the quartet of channels of KHMP-18, and the trio of channels of KMCC-34. Starting on Dec 16th, KVPX-28 will be silent, except for the few with ATSC 3.0 tuners, until mid-January.

Both ofthe missing KLSV sub-channels returned to normalcy on Sunday the 14th.

Last edited by rdvegas; 12-14-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post

Elsewhere this afternoon.....KVCW 33.3, owned by sinister Sinclair, decided I didn't need to see a movie and thus pre-empted THIS TV for some obscure basketball game from a third world conference.
get use to it. ASN games are almost daily or every other day. Sunday is a tripleheader
Old 12-12-2014, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehonkey View Post
get use to it. ASN games are almost daily or every other day. Sunday is a tripleheader
It's the total lack of professionalism shown by Sinclair that gets me. I applaud Sinclair for launching a sports diginet for the ota O&O stations. I don't applauad their decision to place these games on diginets like GET, THIS, METV, etc. Viewers of these diginets are angered by sports interupting the flow of programming on their favorite sub-channels. Further, it's very unprofessional for Sincalir to allow these local sub-channels of these same diginets to start a program, or movie, then in mid stream abrupty change to Sinclair's ASN network. Thus far, Sinclair has had very little advance notice given of these sports interuptions. Then when the game concludes, Sinclair has forgotten how to issue a "We now join the following program already in progress".

Locally, Sinclair could place these ASN games on KVCW 33.1, KVCW 33.2, or KVMY 21.1 (because KVMY 21.1 is a simulcast of the main KSNV 3.1 signal, it's redudant). Even further, Sinclair could create a KVMY 21.4 sub-channel that airs only the games with nothing more than a "Stay tuned for the next ASN event..." in between games.
foghorn2 likes this.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

KMCC is back among the living this Saturday morning. All three channels of this Cranston station station have been restored. That's Mundo Fox on 34.1, and the Cool on both 34.2 and 34.3. To bad that Cranston doesn't affiliate with Zuus Country for placement on either 34.2 or 34.3, now that Sinclair has dropped their affiliation in Las Vegas.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
It's the total lack of professionalism shown by Sinclair that gets me. I applaud Sinclair for launching a sports diginet for the ota O&O stations. I don't applauad their decision to place these games on diginets like GET, THIS, METV, etc.
If Sinclair has a GetTV affiliate it is usually shown on there. But there are some markets where they don't so they use other subchannels. I know with the football games they were shown on the main channel Sinclair owns (like in Minneapolis it was on CW 23). But since the bball games are at night that would pre-empt the programming on there. So I guess they want to use the subchannel

Quote:
Viewers of these diginets are angered by sports interupting the flow of programming on their favorite sub-channels.
I'm sorry but other than sports, me personally don't even tune to GetTV. And those movies are replayed all the time. in fact twice the same movie was pre-empted for sports.

Quote:
Further, it's very unprofessional for Sincalir to allow these local sub-channels of these same diginets to start a program, or movie, then in mid stream abrupty change to Sinclair's ASN network.
what would you like them to do? Show a paid program for 45 minutes? Again in most Sinclair markets its GetTV that gets pre-empted. SInce those movies dont start at top/bottom of hour it would be hard to show alternate programming

Quote:
Thus far, Sinclair has had very little advance notice given of these sports interuptions.
zap2it now has listings for them. although they are hosed. as example my Tivo guide shows the game from 2-5:15 today. The game starts at 2 but they have a listing until the next movie starts (5:15)

Quote:
Then when the game concludes, Sinclair has forgotten how to issue a "We now join the following program already in progress".
at least on GetTv they have commercials until the next time the movie resumes

Quote:
Locally, Sinclair could place these ASN games on KVCW 33.1, KVCW 33.2, or KVMY 21.1 (because KVMY 21.1 is a simulcast of the main KSNV 3.1 signal, it's redudant).
I think it has to do with pre-empting the network programming (CW, My, etc). Just thinking out loud
Old Today, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

KHMP-18 received a license (renewal), according to a recent RabbitEars.imfo post, so perhaps they'll return to the air shortly. Their Fall 2014 reliability has been quite spotty.

KVPX-28 is of air today, and is expected to remain off air until mid January, as they and Samsung test ATSC 3.0 equipment. I sure wish someone had some kind of 3.0 receiver/converter/gizmo I could borrow during this test phase. Their test transmissions deserve to be preserved on DVD.

KMCC-34 has disappeared, yet again. All three channels are quiet.

K41IO 41.1 is shooting blanks this morning.

KINC 15.3 continues to simulcast UMAS from sister station KELV 27.1, but in a scrucnhed format. Compare the visual quality between the two stations. That 1080i 16x9 on 27.1 really looks great. But the scrunched 480i widescreen looks inferior.

Don't forget to tune into Live Well (from ABC) on KTNV 13.3 in the next week or two. The network is set to shut down very soon. Conflicting dates for the final day of operation. In spite of low viewership, LWN does have a couple of interesting programs I shall miss.

As we approach the first day of the year, a date some broadcasters like to switch up formats or networks, let's keep several local channels in sight for changes. Possible changes could occur on KTNV 13.3, KINC 15.3, KVMY 21.1, KEGS 30.1, KEGS 30.5, KEGS 30.6, KNBX 31.1, KMCC 34.3, and KLSV 50.2. Networks like Escape, Grit, Heoes & Icons, Justice, Works, and First Nation's Experience could find their way to Vegas screens.....or not. Later in 2015 look for the possible addition of Decades from CBS.