Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #9481 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Sinclair has sold KVMY-21 to another party, a small station group owner called HSH Las Vegas. It will take a while for the paperwork to clear the FCC, but this should keep Sinclair from violating owbership rules in Vegas. It seems the FCC doesn't like a company to own 3 stations here.

Will the sale see some programming chanes on KVMY? Quite possibly. The station lost one sub-channel in the Fall/Winter gigantic Sinclair sub-channel switch. Because the remaing two sub-channels, Antenna TV and COZI, are not HD, there is plenty of bandwidth for expansion. Perhaps two additional SD sub-channels for national diginets not yet seen here in the Valley. The good news in all of this is that American Sports Network should not be pre-empting the programming of Antenna TV or COZI, as they will no longer be under the Sinclair giant thumb of ownership.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; 02-10-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9482 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does Cincinnati count?

I here! I am a station engineer and management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
I appreciate everyone who reads this forum and posts their occasional thoughts about Vegas OTA and HDTV. There are times it appears to become my persoanl blog, but that is certainly not my intention. I'll share the microphone with anyone. I only wish we had some regular comments from the local station engineers and management people.
post #9483 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkrp View Post
I here! I am a station engineer and management.
Carlson?
post #9484 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Sinclair has sold KVMY-21 to another party, a small station group owner called HSH Las Vegas. It will take a while for the paperwork to clear the FCC, but this should keep Sinclair from violating owbership rules in Vegas. It seems the FCC doesn't like a company to own 3 stations here.

The good news in all of this is that American Sports Network should not be pre-empting the programming of Antenna TV or COZI, as they will no longer be under the Sinclair giant thumb of ownership.
I wouldn't be so sure of that; do you know who the owner really is?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...v-50000/134123
Quote:
Howard Stirk Holdings, run by Armstrong Williams,
I assume you already know who he is - & that this is NOT their 1st rodeo...
post #9485 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I appreciate everyone who reads this forum and posts their occasional thoughts about Vegas OTA and HDTV. There are times it appears to become my persoanl blog, but that is certainly not my intention. I'll share the microphone with anyone. I only wish we had some regular comments from the local station engineers and management people.
As someone who just cut the cord last week, saving over $220 per month, I just want to thank you for your "blog". I am amazed how much is available OTA here in Vegas.
post #9486 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mr. Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
Carlson?
Yep, The Big Guy himself.
post #9487 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
Carlson?

No, but some might call him the big guy.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9488 of 9496 Old 02-10-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that; do you know who the owner really is?

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...v-50000/134123
I assume you already know who he is - & that this is NOT their 1st rodeo...
Can he stay up for the full 8 seconds?

post #9489 of 9496 Old 02-13-2015, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just noticed that KGNG 47.7 has replaced PBJ with QVC. Sad to see this change.
post #9490 of 9496 Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarTimeRon View Post
Just noticed that KGNG 47.7 has replaced PBJ with QVC. Sad to see this change.
This could just be a shuffle of channels, as QVC was, and still is, on KEEN 17.6. QVC on KGNG 47.7 does have a PSIP that ID's as KGNGQVC. Perhaps King Kong will place something new and exciting on KEEN's 17.6 soon.

Biltmore's three sub-channels are missing from their KLSV 50 this evening.

post #9491 of 9496 Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

KGNG 47.6 has long been a sub-channel in search of an identity. For the past months it has beome a movies channel, much like 47.5 Movies+ without the off-net reruns. Today, that all changed as King Kong has switched things up and appointed KGNG 47.6 as the latest sub-channel to air PBJ.

Late Saturday afternoon KEEN-17's four sub-channels went silent. This is likely for a short period. KGNG-47 has an agreement to program several of the KEEN sub-channels for a share of potential profits. It may be possible that KGNG is changing the lineup, and the four sub-channels resurface soon.

Sunday 8 am finds the KEEN sub-channels still down. Also, KMCC 34.2 and 34.3 are frozen on an image. Is this the end of The Cool on KMCC? And Biltmore's KLSV subs are still quiet.

Last edited by rdvegas; 02-15-2015 at 09:04 AM.
post #9492 of 9496 Old 02-17-2015, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

The Cool music videos thawed their signal and was restored to the two KMCC sub-channels by primetime Sunday evening. Back from hiding are the three subs on KLSV-50. Still in hiding are KEEN 17.1, 17.6, 17.7, 17.8, KHMP 18.2, 18.3, and 18.4. They have active PSIPS's, but do not have programming. Still screwed up PSIP's prevail for KHDF's 19.2, 19.3, and 19.3. Something within their PSIP's do not allow many area tv's to display the KHDF billboard channels.

The clock continues to tick tick tick on the KVTE-35 license. No signs of digital or analog service from this once interesting little LPTV station. Another clock ticks for the digital rebirth of Franken FM station KGHD. They once had a Hispanic music channel operating on the FM dial via their TV channel 6 license.

As I wrote this at 8"45 am, KEEN 17.1 was attempting a restore to service. The main KEEN channel was showing FETV rather than their normal WHT logo bug and programming. KEEN's 17.6, 17.7, and 17.8 PSIPS's have disappered, for now.

Last edited by rdvegas; 02-17-2015 at 08:01 PM.
post #9493 of 9496 Old 02-24-2015, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

K41IO takes their turn on the missing list this afternoon and early evening.

They were back by Wednesday morning.

Last edited by rdvegas; 02-25-2015 at 09:00 AM.
post #9494 of 9496 Old 02-25-2015, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

A new sub-channel to report Wednesday morning. I'm not sure how popular this network will be, or how long it will last in Las Vegas. KEGS 30.5 added IQRA, a Muslim network it would appear. The network appeared by late Tuesday evening according to Cigar Time Ron. Wednesday morning the network seems to be running without audio set to the corect mode. Only a buzz sound heard. In all likliehood, this is a pay to play network positioned on KEGS 30.5 until they forget to pay KEGS for the priviledge of being offered in Las Vegas.

For those old enough to remember the Sunday funnies Smokey Stover comic strip, I offer Cigar Time Ron a tip-o-the-hat and a thank you.

Last edited by rdvegas; 02-25-2015 at 06:27 PM.
post #9495 of 9496 Old 02-25-2015, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
A new sub-channel to report Wednesday morning. I'm not sure how popular this network will be, or how long it will last in Las Vegas. KEGS 30.5 added IQRA, a Muslim network it would appear. The network appeared by late Tuesday evening according to Cigar Time Ron. Wednesday morning the network seems to be running without audio set to the corect mode. Only a buzz sound heard. In all likliehood, this is a pay to play network positioned on KEGS 30.5 until they forget to pay KEGS for the priviledge of being offered in Las Vegas.

For those old enough to remember the Sunday funnies Smokey Stover comic strip, I offer Cigar Time Ron a tip-o-the-hat and a thank you.
First its the Evangelists, now its the Muslims needing science to spread the word.

"I will save you everyone, and you can pay me when I'm done...."

Waiting for the Pagan, Hare Krishna and the Sacrifice Goats channel any time now.
post #9496 of 9496 Old Today, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

In time for the weekend, KMCC 34.1 is missing. All three sub-channels are gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception