Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 319 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #9541 of 9548 Old 04-19-2015, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
I had a great expeerience Wednesday attending the National Association of Broadcasters Convention here in Las Vegas. Later I caught up with a local and four out-of-towners all in the tv biz. TV talk, food, and laughs. We needed Trip Erickson in attendance to keep us on track, however.

Yes, MiCasa 47.2 and PBJ 47.6 seem to be down for the day.
Trip knows better than to hang out with us, a couple years ago he did, Larry and Lisa from KGNG and me, keep him out till 4am and he had meeting the next morning! Trip here is your personal invite to join out group, Wednesday April 20th 2016 at the NAB for dinner, place TBA.

A normal Day in Vegas at least one or more channel are down.

Elliott

Last edited by wkrp; 04-20-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9542 of 9548 Old 04-21-2015, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
KVVU 5.3 Escape is active broadcasting in 480i 16:9
post #9543 of 9548 Old 04-21-2015, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh92 View Post
KVVU 5.3 Escape is active broadcasting in 480i 16:9
Thnaks for that info. I had checked just slightly earlier and didn't see the addition. What we need to check now is, does KVVU have the corect aspect ratio for Escape programming. That has been an issue on some Escape affiliates.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; 04-21-2015 at 09:37 PM.
post #9544 of 9548 Old 04-26-2015, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Another weekend past with plenty of Sinclair's ASN sports pre-empting GET TV on KSNV 3.3. When will Sinclair set my classic movie channel free?

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9545 of 9548 Old 04-27-2015, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Another weekend past with plenty of Sinclair's ASN sports pre-empting GET TV on KSNV 3.3. When will Sinclair set my classic movie channel free?

I understand your frustration with sports pre-empting the programming on GET TV but, in all honesty, I really don't see what the big deal is in terms of this particular channel. The movies they show are repeated, ad nauseam, over and over again for the entire month. What they're showing, during the pre-emts, could have been seen three or four times, before, in the past week. Now if these pre-empts were on channels like Antenna TV, This TV, or Cozi, it would be much more frustrating.
post #9546 of 9548 Old 04-27-2015, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruin95 View Post
I understand your frustration with sports pre-empting the programming on GET TV but, in all honesty, I really don't see what the big deal is in terms of this particular channel. The movies they show are repeated, ad nauseam, over and over again for the entire month. What they're showing, during the pre-emts, could have been seen three or four times, before, in the past week. Now if these pre-empts were on channels like Antenna TV, This TV, or Cozi, it would be much more frustrating.
Your point is well taken. But I believe that ASN needs to step up and set aside a fulltime channel dedicated to ASN sports, whether it airs programming 24/7 or not. This may not be feasible nationwide, but it certainly is possible in Vegas. KVMY is a bit waster, and could easily suppoprt another sub-channel for ASN.

post #9547 of 9548 Old 04-27-2015, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The subchannels seem like they are operated by third world countries, PQ issues, blackouts, aspect ratio variances, sports preempting, sound/lip sync (esp Cozi TV).

The owners must not be Americans.
post #9548 of 9548 Old Today, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Have you noticed that the PSIP's of KHDF 19.2 is now "Lease1", and .2 is "Lease2", and .3 is "Lease3"? I'm holding back on the laughter, as only one of those three sub-channels have been leased in the 3-4 year history.

MiCasa is still in absense on KGNG 47.2. KNBX 31.5 is still shouting "FamCh", but no programming as yet. KEGS 30.5 is still dark, after Coyote FM's simulcast disappeared several weeks ago. Pixelation continues on KVMY 21.1 and 21.2 very frequently.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception