Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 321 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 26Likes
post #9601 of 9611 Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
COZI picture still substandard and bad lip sync.
I wish they would quit acting like a paranoid god and quit messing with programs.

Similar thing they do with HULU, it looks good at first, but you can tell its missing frames.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9602 of 9611 Old 07-20-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Channel 3 news slowly going downhill. Today they played a Katy Perry song between the 12-12:30 newscast.

We want to hear and watch news, not listen to crap that is being played everywhere else!

Im sure pretty soon we are going to see new "personalities" that will be family members and friends of people close to the gods who control the media.

Real sad.

Last edited by foghorn2; 07-20-2015 at 12:36 PM.
post #9603 of 9611 Old 07-21-2015, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
Channel 3 news slowly going downhill. Today they played a Katy Perry song between the 12-12:30 newscast.

We want to hear and watch news, not listen to crap that is being played everywhere else!

Im sure pretty soon we are going to see new "personalities" that will be family members and friends of people close to the gods who control the media.

Real sad.
You are correct!
post #9604 of 9611 Old 07-23-2015, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

On a positive note on CH 3, their special on the drought last night was superb. Jessica and Jim are true reporters and stars worthy of their positions. I wish KJ (Kevin Janison) was on it, he is the "Mark Thomson" + "Carl Sagan" of Las Vegas.
post #9605 of 9611 Old 07-25-2015, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have attached a .zip file containing the KMCC transport stream reads, showing the different content of each station.

KMCC is the full-service station licensed to Laughlin, broadcasting from Dolan Springs AZ.
KMCC1-LD is the low-power station licensed to Las Vegas, broadcasting from Henderson.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KMCC.zip (3.3 KB, 23 views)
post #9606 of 9611 Old 07-25-2015, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhett View Post
I have attached a .zip file containing the KMCC transport stream reads, showing the different content of each station.

KMCC is the full-service station licensed to Laughlin, broadcasting from Dolan Springs AZ.
KMCC1-LD is the low-power station licensed to Las Vegas, broadcasting from Henderson.

Thanks Dave.
So is KMCC playing cricket, or is the lack of sub-channels on their main tranny in violation of DTS rules & regs becuase that feed is different from the Henderson transmissions?

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9607 of 9611 Old 07-26-2015, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

King Kong's move of KGNG 47 to rf channel 26 from rf channel 48 is fast approaching the cut off date of 1 Sept 2015. I don't see any U-Hauls backed up to their door, as yet.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9608 of 9611 Old 07-28-2015, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Thanks Dave.
So is KMCC playing cricket, or is the lack of sub-channels on their main tranny in violation of DTS rules & regs becuase that feed is different from the Henderson transmissions?
I'm not certain which it is. They aren't licensed for the DTS yet, although a license to cover application for the DTA has been pending since Nov. 2013. They've operated the Henderson station since 2007 under experimental authority for a digital booster, which I thought was supposed to rebroadcast the primary station on the same frequency. My guess is that with the digital transition, the reverse auction and repacking, the FCC has much bigger fish to fry than enforcing a small-town (Laughlin) station's terms of operation.
post #9609 of 9611 Old 07-29-2015, 05:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
Since the license to cover is pending, the programming should be a 100% match. License to cover means construction should be finished and the station should be operating in its final configuration within the terms of the license it is seeking.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #9610 of 9611 Old 07-31-2015, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

This weekend seems like the perfect time for KTNV to launch GRIT on their 13.4. I don't know the timetable of KTNV, but the first of the moth is also a likely date for launches.

post #9611 of 9611 Unread Today, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Biltmore's KSLV-50 seems to be taking time off. That's something that KMCC-34 knows quite well. KHMP-18 is still off after the sale to new owners. I greatly miss America One/You Too, Tuff, and AMG on that channel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page