Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 322 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #9631 of 9640 Old 08-20-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Crabboy, the numbers I listed are the virtual channel numbers. 31.4 is HOT, who has their downtime frequently, and 31.5 is usually blank or color bars. It did have Family Channel several months ago for a few days, and was a music video channel earlier this week for a day. Your location is near where KLAS had an analog transmitter prior to the digital transistion.

Twisting the dial on Thursday morning finds that Daystar's KLVD 23.1 and 23.2 are both frozen in time in a very Picaso looking effect. This may be my antenna, as painters were on the roof and may have bumped the antenna off alignment.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.

Last edited by rdvegas; 08-20-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 9640 Old 08-21-2015, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
Crabboy, the numbers I listed are the virtual channel numbers. 31.4 is HOT, who has their downtime frequently, and 31.5 is usually blank or color bars. It did have Family Channel several months ago for a few days, and was a music video channel earlier this week for a day. Your location is near where KLAS had an analog transmitter prior to the digital transistion.
31.4 and 31.5 have been blank every time I've run across them. In the case of HOT, it is frustrating because the listing (zapTV or TitanTV, I forget which) shows some intersting programming.

Jiggery - Pokery!
post #9633 of 9640 Old 08-21-2015, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post
31.4 and 31.5 have been blank every time I've run across them. In the case of HOT, it is frustrating because the listing (zapTV or TitanTV, I forget which) shows some intersting programming.
If you can see 31.1 color bars, then you should see 31.4 HOT and color bars on 31.5. When in doubt, rescan.

Wanting a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters.
post #9634 of 9640 Old 08-22-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

TUFF TV, formerly on KHMP 18.4, posted in a Facebook message that they are working with a broadcaster for a return to Las Vegas. Now if AMG could only forge a new deal to replace their lost 18.1 KHMP berth.

The year of 2015 will go down as a rough year for Las Vegas television Thus far, KHMP pulled their four sub-channels that included TUFF, AMG, and two feed of America One/You Too. KEEN 17 cut loose their sub-channels that included QVC and So Cool Videos. KGNG severed ties with MiCasa on their 47.2, apparently, as it's been missing for several months. And of course there's Cranston's KMCC who is mostly off instead of on in the Valley. That means the loss of MundoMax and two feeds of The Cool.

Inspite of these losses, lucky Vegas OTA viewers gained Escape, Laff, H&I, Telexitos, IQRA, an orphan American Sports Network. The Vegas entrance of GRIT is the only announced local addition waiting in the wings (KTNV 13.4).

Deals for AMG, Bzzzr, BYU, Classic Arts Showcase, DECADES, Dr Tv, FGO, First Nation Experience, Heartland, Launch TV, News Max, NHK World, Qubo, The Works, and World View, would brighten up the local tv landscape.

Last edited by rdvegas; 08-22-2015 at 08:28 AM.
post #9635 of 9640 Old 08-25-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

The news reports are few and far between for the Sinclair/MGM Science Fiction network reported for a Fall 2015 launch. Because Sinclair is involved, it seems logical that the network will be aired locally on KVMY, KVCW, or KSNV as part of the 30% of the US coverage alluded to in press statements. KVMY 21.3 seems the more logical landing spot. But with Sinclair, who knows.

post #9636 of 9640 Old 08-29-2015, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

REV'N seems to be lost this Saturday from KEGS 30.4.

By Tuesday morning, REV'N was back to being an audio and video network.

Last edited by rdvegas; 09-01-2015 at 09:06 AM.
post #9637 of 9640 Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

According to FCC records, KGNG-48 was supposed to migrate to rf channel 26 by September 1st. That didn't happen. I asked Trip of RabbitEars.info why that didin't happen. He responded that because of the incentive auction that deadline was "suspended across the board". If the FCC is GOD to the US broadcast industry, then Trip must be an angel or perhaps MOSES. He parted the confusion for me, anyway.

post #9638 of 9640 Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
According to FCC records, KGNG-48 was supposed to migrate to rf channel 26 by September 1st. That didn't happen. I asked Trip of RabbitEars.info why that didin't happen. He responded that because of the incentive auction that deadline was "suspended across the board". If the FCC is GOD to the US broadcast industry, then Trip must be an angel or perhaps MOSES. He parted the confusion for me, anyway.
Are you watching those televangelists on Local OTA again?

"I will save you everyone, then you can pay me when I'm done"

"Working them Angels... Overtime" (I'm sure Trip knows this snippet )
post #9639 of 9640 Old Today, 04:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA Send a message via Yahoo to Trip in VA
I do.

- Trip

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #9640 of 9640 Old Today, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Observations of a broadcast kind this morning finds Escape, KVVU 5.3, without video. The audio seems to be fine.

CigarTimeRon pointed out to me that KNBX 31.5 has pulled the beautiful bars-o-color from their sub-channel. Might that signal something in the works? The HOT, KNBX 31.4, has had a rough couple of days as they seem to stumble into the freeze up mode very often, sometimes for hours on end.

Does KGNG 47.2 have any viewers? Er, listeners? Unless that audio network is paying a goodly price for carriage, then it seems to be wasted bandwidth, appealing only to very few listeners.

The Sinclair announced local launch of GRIT on KTNV 13.4 seems like it will never arrive. Logical launch dates come and go, yet no service. E's to KTNV do not generate replys or answers.

ONTV, KNBX 31.3, seems to have added English language infomercials of late.

Of course KMCC has been a no-show for several weeks on their three virtual channel 34 feeds. That's their normal.

In programming notes: KGNG 47.5, Movies+, has added The King Of Queens at 7 pm. KNBX, HOT on 31.4, has recently aired Front Page Detective, Medic and Red Ryder. All quite rare these days. Luken's Retro, KGNG 47.4, has actually received my viewership more these last few weeks with Mr Peepers, Barbara Stanwyck, Police Surgeon, Jerry Lewis, and even Dione Lucas. But any network airing so many over night infomercials has got to be a buyout target for a larger media company with deeper pockets. Recently KLAS bumped a CBS golf match over to their normal METV 8.2 sub-channel, displacing some quite popular airings by that retro themed diginet. Let's hop this is not a common practice in the future, or they'll start to resemble Sinclair fumbling with ASN programming.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page