Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 330 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 56Likes
post #9871 of 9876 Unread 02-04-2016, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Sinclair and Nexstar are GODS, please all bow to them. We are not worthy.

...his mind is not for rent
to any god or government
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9876 Unread 02-04-2016, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
KVMY 21.1 (the main channel....not sub-channels) has a must carry attached status. Did DirecTV not carry that channel when it was My Network TV up until 2015?

Yes.

Quote:
Did DirecTV not carry 21.1 during 2015 and the short period this year when Antenna TV occupied that KVMY position?

No.

Quote:
Is Heores & Icons not carried by DirecTV now from KVMY?

No.
post #9873 of 9876 Unread 02-06-2016, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Biltmore was pulled the PSIP and 'For Lease' graphic from their KLSV 50.4 sub-channel leaving just their regular infomercial tenants on 50.1, .2, and .3. Those fans of 'For lease' graphics can still get their fill of the 'lease me pleeeeeeeez' programming on KHDF 19.2, .3, and .4.

History of Televsion on KNBX 31.4 has been airing some great public domain titles last night and today. Among them were Our Miss Brooks, Red Skelton, Meet Corliss Archer, The Texan, Red Ryder, Northwest Passage, Rango, Rocky Jones Space Ranger, Sky King, and others. It's a shame this teeney tiny diginetee is available in only three markets (Vegas, Dallas, Sacramento).

By mid-evening, KLSV had restored the "For lease" billboard and PSIP to their 50.4.

It's is my opinion that any station that nibbles on the incentive auction should immediately forfeit their license, with no pay-out, as it goes against the "In the public interest" of a tv license. Selling out in the auction only benefits the shareholders of the stations at the expense of giving the middle finger to the public. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters. We need a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby.

Last edited by rdvegas; 02-07-2016 at 08:44 PM.
post #9874 of 9876 Unread Today, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

A very slow week in Vegas OTA reception and viewing. Just the usual blips and bumps that make viewing both fun and frustrating.

It's been about 2-1/2 months since K41IO Enlace graced their local Las Vegas viewers' screens. Is that LPTV station toast?

During the soon to arrive NASCAR event at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, we will have another couple days of an ultra LPTV station operating within the Speedway confines. From the previous couple of years, no one has confirmed if this station is operating in ATSC. Some think it may be broadcast in some other form. But whatever broadcast format, the power of the station, and height of the tower placement, prevent the station's signal from venturing to far from the Speedway. Those living near the Speedway may want to scan your tuners during NASCAR and look for anything new on channel 49. It's not known if the little station operates rf channel 49 and also virtual display channel 49, or send the event to some other virtual channel designation. Similar operations also make yearly appearances in Phoenix during their NASCAR events.

It's is my opinion that any station that nibbles on the incentive auction should immediately forfeit their license, with no pay-out, as it goes against the "In the public interest" of a tv license. Selling out in the auction only benefits the shareholders of the stations at the expense of giving the middle finger to the public. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters. We need a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby.

Last edited by rdvegas; Today at 04:28 PM.
post #9875 of 9876 Unread Today, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Any one been getting hiccups on 33.1 after they changed to 1080i? I noticed slight interruptions and possible lip syncing issues during Arrow, Flash, and Legends this week.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
post #9876 of 9876 Unread Today, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaSW View Post
Any one been getting hiccups on 33.1 after they changed to 1080i? I noticed slight interruptions and possible lip syncing issues during Arrow, Flash, and Legends this week.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
I did not see the mentioned CW programming, but all three subs of KVCW have had issues lately, including hiccups, lip sync, and aspect ratio.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception