Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 337 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 126Likes
post #10081 of 10085 Unread 07-18-2016, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
MeToo (which is what I think you meant by ME+U) went off the air at the end of 2014 & no longer exists anywhere, including in it's hometown Chicago
MeToo, I believe, morphed into Heroes & Icons. Me+U is different. Here's a link for their service which is carried on 2 affiliates. http://www.meplusutv.com/

Never count The Cool down and out. They've had there roller coaster ride of affiliate counts in the past, as have other diginets.

This afternoon I was monitoring KPVT 2.3 and KHMP 18.2 until they both disappeared. Hopefully they both shall return, and maybe with additional sub-channels. Just after 8 pm, both stations are back, but without additional sub-channels.

It's is my opinion that any station that nibbles on the incentive auction should immediately forfeit their license, with no pay-out, as it goes against the "In the public interest" of a tv license. Selling out in the auction only benefits the shareholders of the stations at the expense of giving the middle finger to the public. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters. We need a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby.

Last edited by rdvegas; 07-18-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10082 of 10085 Unread 07-19-2016, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Audio was still missing this morning on Liquidation Channel KLSV 50.4, and the audio on NewsMax KNBX 31.2 was very garbled. Several of the KPVT-2 and KHMP-18 subs have low audio levels, making them difficult to watch and listen to.

ACTION on KHMP 18.2 is strobing badly, making it difficult to follow a story line.

It's is my opinion that any station that nibbles on the incentive auction should immediately forfeit their license, with no pay-out, as it goes against the "In the public interest" of a tv license. Selling out in the auction only benefits the shareholders of the stations at the expense of giving the middle finger to the public. Keep the tv broadcast band for ota television broadcasters. We need a strong FCC to say no to the Wireless lobby.

Last edited by rdvegas; 07-19-2016 at 02:49 PM.
post #10083 of 10085 Unread 07-20-2016, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

TUFF promised to return to Las Vegas after last weeks disappearance from KHMP 18.2. They followed through on that promise today, being restored to KHMP 18.2. So now there's the question of will ACTION find a new Las Vegas home in the near future?

Audio levels seem better today on KPVT-2 and KHMP-18.

post #10084 of 10085 Unread Today, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Evine is another shopping channel very likely headed to Las Vegas soon. If it is headed this way, it could land on KEGS, as one possibility.

Here's the Evine site: http://www.evine.com/

post #10085 of 10085 Unread Today, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Evine is the former ShopNBC/Shop HQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception