Las Vegas, NV - HDTV - Page 350 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 479Likes

post #10471 of 10488 Old 09-08-2017, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 274
I had to have one of my Panasonic DVR's worked on. On the bench for less that 24 hours, and Rocky TV Electronics on West Charleston had it ready for me. This repair shop is top notch. A small diagnostics fee goes towards final repair. They'll let you know ahead of time of what needs to be done to your equipment. I'm a happy camper, having used Rock Top for nearly 15 years. They have a website.
foghorn2 and CigarTimeRon like this.

Will the last subscriber leaving Dish Network please turn off the satellite.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10472 of 10488 Old 09-09-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

After a week of being frozen, Majistad, KEGS 30.1, came back to life today. GET TV, KNBX 31.2, continues to freeze up for about 35 minutes each morning about 5:30 am. HOT, KNBX 31.4, is still not showing up as hoped. Old School, KHMP 18.3, is still airing the slide show without R&B music. 3ABN, K43FO-43, is still not generating a signal.....since the end of July. STZ TV, KHMP 18.5, is still a no-show.

post #10473 of 10488 Old 09-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvegas View Post
I had to have one of my Panasonic DVR's worked on.
What DVR is THAT? Other than the Panasonic-branded ones that were made by Replay (of which I still have 3 sitting on a shelf) what other DVR's did they make?
foghorn2 likes this.

post #10474 of 10488 Old 09-10-2017, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishrich View Post
What DVR is THAT? Other than the Panasonic-branded ones that were made by Replay (of which I still have 3 sitting on a shelf) what other DVR's did they make?
This unit was a Panasonic DME EH85, Manufactured in 2004 I believe. Rocky Top states that parts are not available any more for these models. But if it's just a simple repair, they do a good job. I'm not sure how many other models were made under the Panasonic label. Panasonic is rolling out BluRay hard drive recorders in other parts of the world. So, I'm expecting Panasonic will favor the North American market in time for Christmas or next Spring with a model.

post #10475 of 10488 Old 09-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Well I googled it & I now understand...it's really more of a DVD recorder with a HDD in it, that also does DVR functions with it. I did not know that Panasonic made such a unit, though.
The units I'm talking about were dedicated true DVR's only, that had a dedicated EPG service that updated over dial-up; later models could connect to broadband. They had built-in analog tuners, but also had (2) A/V inputs, that could control cable &/or satellite boxes, via IR blasters:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-GyHvpG...owStopper.html

There were a couple other brands that either made &/or are still making similar devices as yours - Toshiba & Philips/Magnavox come to mind.
Magnavox actually still makes one, that has dual digital tuners - unfortunately, it seems to have some reliability issues, judging from some of the reviews:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Magnavox-...Tuner/46444956

I had a Philips one myself from about 7-8 years ago...after only using it 1/2 dozen times, it started having issues booting up & became useless; I gave up on it...
post #10476 of 10488 Old 09-11-2017, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Similar to yesterday, Moxie & Oldie on 2.5/2.6 are dark again. 2.3 youtoo is fairly scrambled again. Hot on 31.4 still missing. At midnight Sunday evening all the 31' s went over to Almount 31.1 programming. 31.1 thru 31.7. After a short time all returned to normal.
rdvegas likes this.
post #10477 of 10488 Old 09-12-2017, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The mastermind behind RabbitEars.info informs me that K43FO's transmitter failed a few weeks ago. Their absence from Vegas airwaves may continue until a new transmitter tuned for their Repack rf frequency of channel 36 arrives and is ready to fire up.

post #10478 of 10488 Old 09-13-2017, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

KMCC-34 went into missing land Tuesday, taking Action and Heartland subs with them.

They're back Wednesday morning.

Last edited by rdvegas; 09-13-2017 at 09:47 AM.
post #10479 of 10488 Old 09-13-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 831 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Send a message via AIM to Trip in VA
Quote:
KMCC-34 went into missing land Tuesday, taking Action and Heartland subs with them.
On a related note, KMCC filed yesterday to relocate its Las Vegas transmitter to the KINC tower.

- Trip
rdvegas, foghorn2 and CigarTimeRon like this.

N4MJC

Comments are my own and not that of the FCC (my employer) or anyone else.

RabbitEars

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand..." - Rush "Witch Hunt"

post #10480 of 10488 Old 09-14-2017, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I received an e-mail form an informed sourse that the guy behind MAKO Broadcasting, (KVPX-28, KEGS-30, and KNBX-31 Las Vegas) is leaving the country for China. The fate of his US broadcast stations, of which there's many, is not known.

post #10481 of 10488 Old 09-14-2017, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
I received an e-mail form an informed sourse that the guy behind MAKO Broadcasting, (KVPX-28, KEGS-30, and KNBX-31 Las Vegas) is leaving the country for China. The fate of his US broadcast stations, of which there's many, is not known.
NEW YORK, Sept. 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HC2 Holdings, Inc. (?HC2?) (NYSE:HCHC), a diversified holding company, announced today that a subsidiary of HC2 Holdings has agreed to enter into an agreement with Mako Communications, LLC and certain of its affiliates (?Mako?) to purchase all the assets in connection with Mako?s ownership and operation of low power television (?LPTV?) stations.� The transaction would result in HC2 acquiring 38 operating stations in 22 cities and is subject to the approval of the Federal Communication Commission, as well as other customary closing conditions. �
Further details regarding the asset purchase agreement will be provided in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Form 8-K.�About HC2HC2 Holdings, Inc. is a publicly traded (NYSE:HCHC) diversified holding company, which seeks opportunities to acquire and grow businesses that can generate long-term sustainable free cash flow and attractive returns in order to maximize value for all stakeholders.� HC2 has a diverse array of operating subsidiaries across seven reportable segments, including Construction, Marine Services, Energy, Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Insurance and Other.� HC2's largest operating subsidiaries include DBM Global Inc., a family of companies providing fully integrated structural and steel construction services, and Global Marine Systems Limited, a leading provider of engineering and underwater services on submarine cables. �Founded in 1994, HC2 is headquartered in New York, New York.� Learn more about HC2 and its portfolio companies at www.hc2.com.About MakoMako Communications, LLC is a family owned and operated business headquartered in Corpus Christi, Texas, that has been acquiring, building, and maintaining Class A and low power television stations all across the United States since 2000. �Mako currently operates stations in 11 of the top 20 U.S. television markets and in 16 of the top 50 markets.
rdvegas, foghorn2 and CigarTimeRon like this.
post #10482 of 10488 Old 09-15-2017, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by latv View Post
new york, sept. 13, 2017 (globe newswire) -- hc2 holdings, inc. (?hc2?) (nyse:hchc), a diversified holding company, announced today that a subsidiary of hc2 holdings has agreed to enter into an agreement with mako communications, llc and certain of its affiliates (?mako?) to purchase all the assets in connection with mako?s ownership and operation of low power television (?lptv?) stations.� the transaction would result in hc2 acquiring 38 operating stations in 22 cities and is subject to the approval of the federal communication commission, as well as other customary closing conditions. �
further details regarding the asset purchase agreement will be provided in a filing with the securities and exchange commission on form 8-k.�about hc2hc2 holdings, inc. Is a publicly traded (nyse:hchc) diversified holding company, which seeks opportunities to acquire and grow businesses that can generate long-term sustainable free cash flow and attractive returns in order to maximize value for all stakeholders.� hc2 has a diverse array of operating subsidiaries across seven reportable segments, including construction, marine services, energy, telecommunications, life sciences, insurance and other.� hc2's largest operating subsidiaries include dbm global inc., a family of companies providing fully integrated structural and steel construction services, and global marine systems limited, a leading provider of engineering and underwater services on submarine cables. �founded in 1994, hc2 is headquartered in new york, new york.� learn more about hc2 and its portfolio companies at www.hc2.com.about makomako communications, llc is a family owned and operated business headquartered in corpus christi, texas, that has been acquiring, building, and maintaining class a and low power television stations all across the united states since 2000. �mako currently operates stations in 11 of the top 20 u.s. Television markets and in 16 of the top 50 markets.

� � and ��
rdvegas and CigarTimeRon like this.

"Sometime the warmest smile comes from the saddest face
Sometimes the brightest light comes from the darkest place
Sometimes the truest kiss comes with a whore´s embrace"

- Wayne Hussey

Last edited by foghorn2; 09-15-2017 at 09:02 PM.
post #10483 of 10488 Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 PM

Oldie Goldie 2.6 and Moxie 2.5 frequently has gone dark the past few days. Started showing programs (2.6) that first aired when it began operation in Vegas. Then 2.6 had no audio and now it's color saturated again.
rdvegas and foghorn2 like this.
post #10484 of 10488 Old 09-16-2017, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarTimeRon View Post
Oldie Goldie 2.6 and Moxie 2.5 frequently has gone dark the past few days. Started showing programs (2.6) that first aired when it began operation in Vegas. Then 2.6 had no audio and now it's color saturated again.
That's about the normal for Oldie Goldie on KPVT 2.6. and sister sub 2.5.

I noticed Friday that KMCC-34 was once again absent. Also noticed that LATV, KINC 15.2, is broadcasting with sporadic interference. And QVC Plus, KGNG 47.8, is broadcasting in colorized lateral herringbone. This market could certainly use some additional tv engineers.
foghorn2 likes this.

post #10485 of 10488 Old 09-16-2017, 07:13 AM

Last night at midnight i surfed the channels before retiring for the night. I stopped on 31.1 Armount and GOT was airing. And as rdvegas noted in an earlier post, i was rewarded, i mean surprised, when this poor guy was being tortured by two ladies. Full frontal nudity with one of them exercising performing squats on top of the poor captive.
Saturday morning still finds 2.6 Oldie color saturated.
rdvegas and foghorn2 like this.
post #10486 of 10488 Old 09-16-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarTimeRon View Post
Last night at midnight i surfed the channels before retiring for the night. I stopped on 31.1 Armount and GOT was airing. And as rdvegas noted in an earlier post, i was rewarded, i mean surprised, when this poor guy was being tortured by two ladies. Full frontal nudity with one of them exercising performing squats on top of the poor captive.
Saturday morning still finds 2.6 Oldie color saturated.
While scenes from Game Of Thornes linger in CigarTimeRon's head, he also told me that KVCW 33.1 aired an episode Friday evening of Two & A Half Men with dual simul audio. Both English and Spanish airing. Now, that's a distraction.

Why is Stadium showing the same game on both KSNV 3.4 and KVCW 33.2? Makes no sense.

Last edited by rdvegas; 09-16-2017 at 02:22 PM.
post #10487 of 10488 Old 09-16-2017, 10:07 PM

SNAFU seems to linger. Now 2.5 swapped with 2.6 for being washed out by excessive colors.
rdvegas likes this.
post #10488 of 10488 Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sometime before 11 am Monday KMCC came back to life. K43FO is atill missing, as is Majistad on KEGS 30.1. QVC+, KGNG 47.8, seems to have cured their herringbone issue, but lost the sound in the process. Analog KGNG-47 is also still missing, and may not ever return. Old School, KHMP 18.3, is frozen on a single picture but has sound.

Last edited by rdvegas; Yesterday at 01:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page