Dorset/Manchester/Bennington, VT AREA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-19-2013, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not sure if anyone has gotten the Xfinity X1 box upgrade, yet, but although it is still a little buggy, they are now broadcasting in true 1080p60! How awesome is that? If I'm repeating something already known sorry for the redundancy, but I just had to say something about it.

Hockey looks AMAZING! I can imaging what 4K UHD's would look like because I have had computer monitors capable of 2K--if I can remember, please correct me if i'm wrong,

So, yeah, I think this is kinda cool, very Roku like interface with "apps" instead of channels. Finally--oh and get this: When the technician was configuring the box for first time use, he set the resolution at 1080i??!! While he was doing this I noticed that there were two other resolution options that he could've used, so I went into the settings menu. Well there they were: 1080p30 and 1080p60. Not for nothing, but I own a 2013 Panasonic 55" plasma and it practically SCREAMS 1080p. I mean, given the tech of the 21 century here and that a brand new TV like this is sitting in someone's home you'd think that a Cable TV technician would set the resolution correctly; of course that's just my opinion. Also, he could have just asked... Just thought I'd share that sentiment. Anyway, kudos to Xfinity--for now lol

Keep up the "good" work and retrain your techs. smile.gif
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page