Los Angeles, CA--OTA - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-19-2013, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Best indoor antenna for UHF and Hi VHF?

I'm new to AVS (and to OTA) and could use some help in selecting an indoor antenna. I live in a multistory condo so an outside antenna is not an option. We live on the ground (not basement) floor. Our TV is in the living room in the Northeast corner of the room (but its not the Northeast corner of the building). There are windows facing North and West in the Northwest corner of the room, though it looks like the main towers are about 28 miles away to the Northeast. Here are my tvfool results:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d46ae0fdf9c3593

It seems most of the channels I want are UHF but two channels I want (ABC and FOX) are Hi VHF. We have an old analog television for now but hope to save money from cutting the cable cord in order to buy an HDTV down the road. We have a Roku box but still would like OTA for some live broadcasts.

I've heard good things about Mohu Leaf but am concerned it won't pick up the VHF. I'm also wondering if there's a way to position the antenna so it works well but we don't have a lot of cable strung up in the room. Would love your advice on which antenna to get--thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Note: If your old TV (as described) is analog, you'll need an analog to digital converter to see any broadcasts, regardless of antenna. I do not know if certain antennas work better with certain boxes, but I have confidence that you've come to the right place for advice.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #3 of 4 Old 09-20-2013, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks--I was going to also ask for a digital converter recommendation, as well as some way to record OTA broadcasts...but wasn't sure I should include it in this post. But I'm open to suggestions for all of the above!
post #4 of 4 Old 09-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Check out the various forums for converters, recorders, etc. Lot's of good information and helpful members.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Reply Local HDTV Info and Reception

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page