Official in that is the first and only one. Anyway, if you are around Topeka, KS, I will try to give updates on the local there.
KTWU: Channel 23 (PBS)- I put them first because they are first rate. I sent an email off inquiring about their pictures on their website of their new tower. I got a very detailed response from the Head Engineer. Nice guy, and here is what he said:
1. New tower is for both analog and digital
2. Tower should be done by September
3. Are shooting for on air digitally for April, 2003
4. Will be broadcasting at 815 kW
5. Will multicast
6. Will mulitcast JUST during the day, and PASS PBS HD at night!!!
7. Will continue to update tower pictures at KTWU Website
Good guys, send them a donation as they can take on for just the digital transition.
KSNT: Channel 28 (NBC)- Nice response from them too. Nice enough to let me know when they get on the air. Here you go:
1. Are shooting to be on the air by end of summer.
2. Will not be full power at first
3. Will broadcast at 1000 watts
4. Will pass NBC HD
5. NBC HD receiver install, so once ready no wait for HD
6. Not sure about Cox re-transmitting the digital signal
7. Said the signal should cover Topeka, but probably will not reach Manhattan
WIBW: Channel 44 (CBS)- No response, but here is what I know from a phone call recently:
1. New facility
2. Will be on at full power
3. Will upconvert everything to 1080i
4. Will pass CBS HD
5. I think waiting on transmitter?
6. Should be fairly soon (September?)
KTKA: Channel 48 (ABC)- The head guy there is pretty good. Exchanged email with him several times. Here is what I know:
1. Most everything is ready, line and antenna in place
2. Will pass ABC HD
3. Everything else will be 480p
4. Will be on at 25 kW
5. I think they are waiting to turn everything on
KTMJ: Channel (unknown) (FOX)- Nice people, but a Low Power station with several towers around. When does low power stations have to be on anyway?? Here are a few things I am fairly sure about
1. No channel assignment yet
2. All towers will pass digital
3. I believe they will multicast FOX and UPN programming
4. Fox does no HD, so no HD from them
UPN- O wait, we don't have a UPN
WB- Nope, no WB either
If anyone knows anything else, please add to this thread. If I get any updates, I will use this thread.